Geraldine

WARNING : A christian testimony that migth chock you

13 posts in this topic

Hiii everyone ! :)

May be this testimony migth be subject to a controversy debate...You decide....

This testimony has just helped me to deepen my relationship with God.

I pray, it can help you to do the same.

I hope the best for everyone.

Friendly FYI: I know of this guy and read his book a while ago. His description of Hell contradicts the Bible.

1 person likes this

Friendly FYI: I know of this guy and read his book a while ago. His description of Hell contradicts the Bible.

Yeah; I've seen this whole thing before.  I second that.

There is another thing imho, also.  Some people are so interested in gettin' famous that they end up deliverin' messages about things we are trying to avoid.  Ironically, most of the people in the audience are christians.  Why is it that if it is so important for christians to be grateful for avoiding "hell," (or probably "Gehenna"), that they are the ones most fascinated by it?  If hell is supposed to be so terrible, why is it important to notify people that supposedly will never witness it?  We're not supposed to be this interested in something we are trying to avoid in the first place.  He seems to have turned hell into an entertaining concept that mystifies irrelevant people.  I don't think hell is for my entertainment, I think hell is terrible...

Also, there are major philosophical problems.  Not-to-mention, there are physical concepts mixed with spiritual ones.  Even though that is far too much analysis to even give this any credit at all, which I shouldn't, it has major problems with conceptual logic, and empirical data.  I suppose it is also the most obvious to note that his "testimony" is, in fact, not verifiable.

Did you notice how he invites his wife up to the pulpit so that she may say to him: "Give 'em hell, honey?"  A lot of people laughed (who would probably identify as christian).  If a great commission is SO IMPORTANT to many christians to preach to the masses about how to avoid hell, why is this even funny?  I don't think it is funny at all.  I think it is worth investigating how much money this thing cost to sit through as a member of the audience, or, at least, if an offering was taken...

I know I wouldn't make a penny on my own made-up version of hell.  I guess it is because I don't dare to take the Lord's Name in vain so far into this story that I forget it should be used to spare people from hell in the first place...

=/

Thank you very much GP  ...

Yep, I agree with you on the fact that hell is not funny, not funny at all :wacko:

Ok, thank you for this opinion...

? I am so confused by the replies on this post. How do his experiences contradict the Bible? I read his book a few years ago, and I know the word of God. Hell is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. Bill said that he was so traumatized by his experiences, he was HORRIFIED. Hell is a real, scary, awful, ugly place. I myself have had visions and dreams involving hell and God has connected me to others who have seen heaven and hell. We all have the same descriptions of heaven and hell. It is beyond horrifying. PLEASE don't wait to believe that someone can experience hell, or that hell is real only when it happens to you. The enemy would love to deceive people about the reality of hell and the beauty of heaven. 

I know Elvi Zapata and Angelica Zambrano give a false testimony of hell. They say that CHILDREN were in hell. They also say that women were in hell for wearing pants and nail polish, and all kinds of religious, ridiculous, unBiblical claims.

Also, I don't think he is making light of hell or trying to entertain people. Laughter is medicine for the soul. I believe he is trying to warn people, and he is using humor (just a spoonful of sugar) to help the medicine go down. In the end, God sits in the heavens and laughs at the wicked, for He sees their day is coming! If Bill were making light of hell, he would NOT be SHARING his experiences. But that he cares enough to share, that says that he does take his experience seriously.

2 people like this

In the end, God sits in the heavens and laughs at the wicked, for He sees their day is coming! 

:blink: Yeesh..

What makes people think that this guy is telling the truth in the first place?  Seriously...

I don't know if anyone that didn't already believe in the hell he describes would be convinced that he's telling the truth, but I'd wager the reason many people believe in that kind of hell is fear. 

3 people like this

I don't know if anyone that didn't already believe in the hell he describes would be convinced that he's telling the truth, but I'd wager the reason many people believe in that kind of hell is fear. 

I agree with all of it, especially the "yeeesh" (I mean, I think the Jesus I believe in would've had the same reaction).  So, I guess a good follow up question is: if fear is the reason they believe in hell, why do you think a bunch of people are sitting through a "testimony" that doesn't apply to them in the first place because they are supposed to be saved?

I think some people want a "wicked majority" to go to hell because they don't like the pain-in-the-ass life life following the Christ leads to to amount to no leverage for themselves in the world.  They don't enjoy making sacrifices (even though Jesus desires obedience, not sacrifice), and so they want OTHER people to pay for the hard things they had to do to follow God.  I say people should mind their OWN business.  Truthfully, Jesus Came so that people could AVOID hell.  God doesn't think hell is funny at all; and neither should those assholes in the video trying to make a name for themselves while taking the Lord's Name in vain...

If we really want to share why Jesus is important, we should share Jesus.  I think people are entertaining their own fears also (which begs the question of whether they actually think that Jesus is saving them from hell in the first place).  I mean really, if hell is so irrelevant for a christian, than why should any christian indulge it?

Hmmm, I'm confused. I quoted the bible. This verse is saying that Jesus is a laughing God with a great sense of humor. It has NOTHING to do with an evil Jesus laughing as people go to hell. I am quoting this verse IN CONTEXT with my statement about how he using laughter and humor to help get his message across.  :blink: right back at ya. lol This is exactly why I don't get on the religious boards. Thats for you too Godsphysicist. SMH

Hmmm, I'm confused. I quoted the bible. This verse is saying that Jesus is a laughing God with a great sense of humor. It has NOTHING to do with an evil Jesus laughing as people go to hell. I am quoting this verse IN CONTEXT with my statement about how he using laughter and humor to help get his message across.  :blink: right back at ya. lol This is exactly why I don't get on the religious boards. Thats for you too Godsphysicist. SMH

I see that your intention was to use that verse to show god's sense of humor, but I've read your comments and the verse in its context many times each and I just don't see how it's saying what you're trying to use it to say. But at any rate, if you weren't gleefully implying god is laughing as people go to hell, then i'm content and retract my yeesh.

2 people like this

I see that your intention was to use that verse to show god's sense of humor, but I've read your comments and the verse in its context many times each and I just don't see how it's saying what you're trying to use it to say. But at any rate, if you weren't gleefully implying god is laughing as people go to hell, then i'm content and retract my yeesh.

HUH? OK, well I am looking at the sentence you took out of context and the surrounding sentences in the paragraph and I don't see the connection. BUT THANKS. WHY WOULD GOD LAUGH AS his children go to hell? I am talking about how God is a laughing God and Bill Weise has a sense of humor just like God does. Maybe I used the wrong verse about how God has a great sense of humor. And guess what? The wicked in this verse are the devil and his demons, not those who are influenced by them. 

1 person likes this

I'd be very careful in using nde's to prove one religious over another , I've done many years worth of reading into them , the reason why I say we need to be careful is that you can't know for sure what spiritual elements are at play here ,. You clare if you don't we the s kind of reasoning with an atheist he will come me back and find examples of Muslims seeing Mohammad and Buddhists seeing buddha,

What I did believe is that nde's constitute awesome evidence for the soul and afterlife , agnostic doctor Sam parnia recently completed the largest peer reviewed nde study in the world , and for the first time a patient was timed under strict scientific conditions of having conscious awareness for a full 3 minutes without a functioning brain , this is some of the first evidence for the soul and life after death and remember this study was peer reviewed .