armytiger

Nerdy virgin

13 posts in this topic

I'll admit it! A small reason why I am still a virgin is probably because im a lil nerdy lol. Im proud of it tho! Video games and anime definitely got me through high school and were a distraction from all the slutty college girls I could have hooked up with. Also I was a lil nerdy and maybe still am a lil with talking to girls. I could have had some cute girlfriends looking back and I wounder could i be married by now. But the main reason I am because I love the Lord and I think it might be His will for me to wait. So PS4, manga, anime, sports and army life until then! 

I bet a lot of you are a lil nerdy too! care to admit it?

5 people like this

All virgins are nerds, don't cha know?  :P

I am a little nerdy and I'd take cartoons, anime, and other stuff over sex any day!  :D

5 people like this

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I'm pretty much the same like you and this may be due to my environment where I grew up with many boys and most of them are my brother's friends who will come over at our place and play video games.

I'm very close to my brother so we shared PS together though he owns it hahah..

On top of that, my brother is a comic collector like Dragon Ball, Hajime kindaichi, Conan, etc. So I don't have to spend money to buy manga / comics.

But we both are grown-up and we still play games. Also, I watch Anime. My current fav for now is Fairy Tail! :D:P;)

3 people like this

Nerd reporting in! ^_^

I think nerds tend to be 'late bloomers' in some ways (especially when relating to dating/courting) because of how the social environment is set up in high school. It can be very clique-ish, so if you're on the lower end of the totem pole you're going to focus more on your studies and hobbies as opposed to partying with the cool kids. It starts to even out around college when folks start returning to normal and the cliques begin to subside.

I was pretty into a lot of typical 'nerd' stuff in HS like gaming and comics. I still am now, but I've learned to balance that with other things. For example, I was very un-athletic growing up, along with having no sense of fashion whatsoever. I've been paying a lot more attention to fitness, nutrition, and proper grooming these past few years, and I've seen a lot of growth in these areas. I'm also constantly working on things like improving socially or learning other new skills. Being a nerd is great, but I've gotta stay focused and not neglect growth in other areas that may need attention as well.

deswp9v.png

8 people like this

Nerd reporting in! ^_^

I think nerds tend to be 'late bloomers' in some ways (especially when relating to dating/courting) because of how the social environment is set up in high school. It can be very clique-ish, so if you're on the lower end of the totem pole you're going to focus more on your studies and hobbies as opposed to partying with the cool kids. It starts to even out around college when folks start returning to normal and the cliques begin to subside.

I was pretty into a lot of typical 'nerd' stuff in HS like gaming and comics. I still am now, but I've learned to balance that with other things. For example, I was very un-athletic growing up, along with having no sense of fashion whatsoever. I've been paying a lot more attention to fitness, nutrition, and proper grooming these past few years, and I've seen a lot of growth in these areas. I'm also constantly working on things like improving socially or learning other new skills. Being a nerd is great, but I've gotta stay focused and not neglect growth in other areas that may need attention as well.

deswp9v.png

ABSOLUTELY! Truer words have never been spoken, BC :) I am definitely a nerd/geek, and have been all my life. I have a huge collection of comics, a tidy sum of manga, and spend my time gaming, watching Dr. Who, or learning out of the way skills. As a woman, I'm not really sure if being a nerd has played any part in my maintained virginity, as it never seemed to deter guys from trying to pursue me. It really has more to do with standards, respect for myself, and my pursuit of God, to be honest. But I applaud you for your new(ish) found focus on self-improvement. We should always be learning, evolving, and growing into better people. This time that we are waiting isn't wasted if we spend it making ourselves the best people that we can be (spiritually, mentally, and physically). My dad always encouraged my siblings and I to consider what we would bring to our future partner that no one else could give them, so I work hard now to make sure that when I finally meet him, I will truly be worth a "price above rubies". I think that a lot of waiters focus on the destination (finding the "right" one), but forget that the journey is an opportunity to become that "diamond in the rough" that will arrest your soul mates heart.

4 people like this

LOL, this section is "nerds exposed". Nerd here, too! And I was like: "You too?".

3 people like this

As a woman, I'm not really sure if being a nerd has played any part in my maintained virginity, as it never seemed to deter guys from trying to pursue me. It really has more to do with standards, respect for myself, and my pursuit of God, to be honest.

I second this. Lots of people I know that are into anime or manga or comic or games or whatever it is are sexually active.

5 people like this

Nerd reporting in! ^_^

I think nerds tend to be 'late bloomers' in some ways (especially when relating to dating/courting) because of how the social environment is set up in high school.

deswp9v.png

Agreed on this statement. Also, some of them are too "busy" in their own world. They are more likely to enjoy whatever things they are doing.

3 people like this

I'm a nerd as well!  It has nothing to do with my decision to wait - there have been plenty of guys, nerdy and otherwise, who have expressed interest in me, but few seem to understand or be willing even to tolerate my decision.  Yeah, I know, call the waahmbulance.  Just saying, I don't think there's much of a correlation between nerdiness and choosing to wait.

...Yeah, I know, call the waahmbulance.  Just saying, I don't think there's much of a correlation between nerdiness and choosing to wait.

Right.  There are plenty of buddies I have had who have been nerds since our college days.  College is a great place to get tail, and they got plenty.  College is also full of nerds.

Call the waahmbulance, lulz...

1 person likes this