ClosetVirgin

What offends you?

15 posts in this topic

What can a woman say (unintentionally or not) to offend you? I'd like to know so I can get along better with men.

1 person likes this

One thing that would put me off is when i'm having a conversation with a woman and shes constantly tapping away on her phone. I mean if shes having a conversation with me i expect her to focus on whats being said. So yeah that's something that would offend me.

Hope that helps ClosetVirgin.

7 people like this

One thing that would put me off is when i'm having a conversation with a woman and shes constantly tapping away on her phone. I mean if shes having a conversation with me i expect her to focus on whats being said. So yeah that's something that would offend me.

Thanks for replying guys! I'm not much of a phone user, but it helps to know that :)

One thing that would piss me off is if I'm talking to her about working out and lifting weights and she laughs or makes some stupid comment about how I'm skinny.

It's true I'm skinny but if she treats my determination to workout and try my best to get bigger as a joke then I would hate that.

1 person likes this

One thing that would piss me off is if I'm talking to her about working out and lifting weights and she laughs or makes some stupid comment about how I'm skinny.

It's true I'm skinny but if she treats my determination to workout and try my best to get bigger as a joke then I would hate that.

That's completely reasonable. Ladies can forget that men have body image problems too.

1 person likes this

I agree with Joseph -- texting when on a date or engaged in a conversation is a turnoff. If there is something urgent that requires your attention, we understand that. But if unnecessary texting/messaging is more important to you than spending time with us, we're going to lose interest in you.

About the only other thing that would "offend" me is if you say something that is unjustly demeaning of a person, type of person, or group of people. It's one thing to have an opinion about someone and to voice frustrations with a certain type of people, but if you unjustly slander them in front of me, that is a major turnoff, even if I personally am not part of the group or type of people you are referencing. Just something to keep in mind. :)

Other than that, there is not much that will "offend" me. I'm pretty easy going.

3 people like this

Right on.  I went on a date with a lady one time who thought she "hit the jackpot" with me and we decided to meet halfway a few hours of driving each.  Well, she was on her phone the entire time we were playin' pool looking for the next day off of work so we could each get our own hotel room for the night and continue the date the next day.  The problem was, she had 3 weeks to plan that whole thing.  I have no idea if she was really talking to her coworkers, but apparantly her parttime job at the grocery store was so important that she could not ask for one day off during a weekend.

Yeah, that was the only date I allowed with that lady.  Stay off the phones, especially if you have to plan the date in advance...

And, I find it interesting that there was one reply to this thread yet again talkin' about the phones since I have been typing.  It's not a joke.  Stay off the phones...

1 person likes this

Thanks for the insight into the male psyche guys. I never knew texting was such a big deal. People are always on their phones. 

1 person likes this

Honestly, if the woman is disrespectful or otherwise unpleasant to be around it can be a turn-off. Lots of complaining, gossip, or putting down of others isn't attractive at all.

8 people like this

People getting offended by everything and acting like the world should come to a screeching halt because someone said something they don't like.

On 10/24/2015 at 0:34 AM, ClosetVirgin said:

What can a woman say (unintentionally or not) to offend you? I'd like to know so I can get along better with men.

Hey that is a great question! 

Are you with your guy friends, a person of interest or with your BF?

There is no specific wording and often it is just kidding around and making fun which is okay with me. I am not comfortable with being spoken to in a condescending or belittling manner especially by an uneducated person.