Guest markb4

Buying Lingerie for your GF/Wife

35 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Guys: Would you ever buy lingerie as a gift for your gf/wife or would it be too embarrassing?

Girls: Would you like it if your bf/husband bought you lingerie as a gift or would you feel embarrassed/uncomfortable?

Haha if she wanted it I would! I mean I wouldn't go buy something like that knowing that she didn't like wearing it or be like 'hey I think you should wear this'. But if she's into that kinda thing I don't see anything wrong with buying it!

If my boyfriend did, I'd feel uncomfortable. Because he's not gonna see it anyway. Okay, maybe the bra, but maybe that might put us in a bad situation.

For our honeymoon? Definitly. If he likes something, sure I can wear it "for him". For any other time we're married? Of course! :D I think it would work better if I picked something out and surprised him....because he would probably get the size wrong and if it's itchy at all, I'll never wear it lol.

I mean, this may be a little bit TMI, but like ladies you could always bring different 'things' home you like, model and he can pick out his fave! Just reread that and sounds like I'm a write for cosmo LOL sorry everyone :blush:

HMM. Not for a girlfriend. I think it would pose a situation if she wanted to flaunt the outfit. I think lingerie might be a encouraging sexuality, especially if its something that is very provocative.

Now a wife, yes. I think it might be good to use different things such as lingerie, outfits etc. to not only spice up, but keep an idea of what your spouse likes. Kinky or classy, everyone has their own turn-ons, and its very important for the spouse to get to know the side that they don't know about their partner in the dating phase ;)

Yeah I should clarify def talking about wife in my post lol. Forgot the question said bf/gf too that might not be the best idea :lol:

1 person likes this

Well, let me see here:

GF: I wouldn't buy lingerie for her. I think it leaves room for the imagination/temptation. Plus, I'd be too embarrassed, lol.

Wife: If she wanted me to, then I'd buy it. I know I wouldn't come home from work one day and shout from the doorway, "Honey, look what I bought you." Not my thing..

Hey all,

Guys: Would you ever buy lingerie as a gift for your gf/wife or would it be too embarrassing?

Girls: Would you like it if your bf/husband bought you lingerie as a gift or would you feel embarrassed/uncomfortable?

No, unless we're married. For one, it would be too inappropriate if we're only dating, but also, I wouldn't expect to know her...measurements before marriage.

Bf: no not a good isea for all the afore metions resones.

Husband: yagh I geuss I wouldn't like ask for it but he if he had something in mind he wanted me to ware id be ok with it provided it not something more classy.

I definitely would not be comfortable with my bf buying something like that for me.

I wouldn't mind if my husband did. That's if it were something nice and classy. If it were something weird I would probably be embarrassed and uncomfortable.

If my bf bought me lingerie I would laugh and tell him I thought he was silly :lol: but I would love if my husband did it would totally be cool with me♥

Hmm...

I'd be fine with my huband buying me lingerie. But...I don't think I'd be comfortable with my boyfriend or even my fiance buying me stuff like that. The exception would be, I wouldn't mind my fiance buying me something to wear specifically for my wedding day/honeymoon and giving them to me perhaps the day before, since he'd still not be seeing them till we're married...

xxx

Hell yes I would! It's basically a present for the guy as much as it is for the girl. Buying lingerie in a committed relationship is a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

But I may hesitate to buy it for waiter GF, depending on her guilt levels about having stuff like that pre-marriage. I'm also a big proponent of getting feedback before making any purchases. I have a hard time picturing myself trying to figure out what she'd like, but if we were at the mall one day and she clearly favored something, that makes it easy.

Mike,

How do you buy lingerie for a GF when the two of you aren't going to have sex?? She still knows where you draw the line?! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post...

How do you buy lingerie for a GF when the two of you aren't going to have sex?

Historically, I've only done it when a GF has pointed out something that she really likes in front of me. Then I'll go back later and buy it (while having an anxiety attack about getting the size right).

As for sending the wrong message, I've never really worried about it. By the time the relationship is at the point where I'm buying lingerie, my boundary line is very well established, as is my complete lack of inhibition up until that boundary line.

Okay so like theoretically if you bought her a bra, it would be fine in a long term serious reltaionship for you because she knows your going to do everything but home base?

Okay so like theoretically if you bought her a bra, it would be fine in a long term serious reltaionship for you because she knows your going to do everything but home base?

Yep, pretty much! Also keep in mind that most of the girls I've been in long-term relationships with have been non-waiters, so lingerie is a more normal thing for them.

Yeah, I guess it's normal for them to let guys see it; whereas I can wear it just don't want to put guys in a compromising position. If I said I'm waiting, but go extremely far with them and put on the brakes, I do not wan them to get mad. That's one reason I liek to be more up front about things so that they cannot say I was leading them on /deceiving them...

i would like it if we where engaged or married, if your engaged it builds up the excitement for your wedding night, shows he cares how your feeling as its getting closer to not just how exited he is, it shows he wants you to enjoy the build up and the night just as much as him, and if your married it shows how much he appreciates your body, and how much he tresures you, so yes i would very much like my future feancey or husband to bye me lingerie.

I really like fluffy, warm cotton pyjamas. lol. Even in the summer. I'm weird that way. I find lingerie to be uncomfortable and kind of pointless, so I only wear pyjamas. I own a few nightgowns, but they are nightgowns. Meaning they all reach my ankles. I, personally, wouldn't want lingerie as a gift. I mean, until age 18, I strictly only wore sports bras.

Woah! How do you sleep in nightgowns lol I'd be kicking it around and feel restricted. And my roomate is weird about the heat, so our apartment was 75 in the summer at night= tank top and shorts for pjs haha

GF I would buy a nice even somewhat sexy set of pajamas but not lingerie

Wife I would definately.

Word of advice in both situations. . . better to choose too small with a gift reciept than too large ;-)

2 people like this

Well, it seems I'm in the minority here, because I've bought my fiancee quite a lot of underwear, although we've always done it together. In fact, one of the first times we went shopping she dragged me into the underwear store to help her choose. It hasn't really been anything that's encouraged sexual behaviour, we both just treat it like going shopping for any other clothes. The first few times I was mortified and was worried who'd be watching, but now it's just something we do sometimes.

I still remember my first time in a lingerie store, I was trying to give everyone a wide berth and my hand accidently brushed against a particularly racy bra, and I was like "oops, I touched one!". Probably had to be there but it did break the ice a little...

But for those who want to wait, that's great too :)

1 person likes this

I still remember my first time in a lingerie store, I was trying to give everyone a wide berth and my hand accidently brushed against a particularly racy bra, and I was like "oops, I touched one!". Probably had to be there but it did break the ice a little...

But for those who want to wait, that's great too :)

I think that's hysterical (and I can relate instantly LOL)... my face has probably never been redder than the accidental "brushings" of being in the lingerie store! :-) (which is ironic given that no one cares about being in the men's boxers/underwear areas of the store! LOL). Good story shared Aussie!