Phoenix25

Will You Only Marry a Virgin

14 posts in this topic

Will you only marry a virgin?

I know I wouldn't be happy being in a relationship with or marrying  a girl that wasn't a virgin. I'm waiting until marriage and I would expect the same from a girl to consider her worth me spending my life with her. It's one of my no-compromise dealbreakers. Any sort of fornication or premarital sex counts as losing virginity. 

Some people say I'll be alone or that I should try to date to gain experience with relationships, but I wouldn't want to date a girl that isn't a virgin. I just don't want to waste my time with someone that's incompatible for me. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'll ever find the girl I'm hoping to eventually find and marry.

Do any other guys or girls else have a similar desire to only be in a relationship and marry a virgin? If so and you've dated someone that lost their virginity, did you break up with them and tell them the reason?

2 people like this

I highly prefer to marry a virgin. And by virgin I mean someone who hasn't gone past first base.

2 people like this

I'd prefer a girl that's a virgin. But I'm not really sure I have the luxury of being able to find one.

I have a question.  How are people prepared to even verify that one's fiance is even telling the truth about waiting, anyway ???  People lie about this stuff all the time for all kinds of crazy reasons...

3 people like this

I have a question.  How are people prepared to even verify that one's fiance is even telling the truth about waiting, anyway ???  People lie about this stuff all the time for all kinds of crazy reasons...

There would have to be a certain level of trust if you're considering marrying them in the first place. You obviously aren't going to hook them up to a lie detector and ask them about their sexual history, that'd be a bit much.  :lol: 

3 people like this

There would have to be a certain level of trust if you're considering marrying them in the first place. You obviously aren't going to hook them up to a lie detector and ask them about their sexual history, that'd be a bit much.  :lol:

Says you, heh.  People are willing to hook themselves up to lie detectors to get jobs.  These are jobs that people don't keep for the rest of their lives.  On average, we are talking 5 - 10 years before someone makes a career change.  How come it is unreasonable to hook up to a polygraph when the intention to marry lasts a remaining LIFETIME in comparison?  An engaged couple could make a "polygraph date" out of all of it to make it fun.  One person has a list of questions, and the other has the same.  Both perform the polygraph and the date continues afterward at the pool hall or something...

Also, it is VERY important to understand the difference between TRUST and TRUTH.  Trust neither causes nor guarantees truth.  We can trust all we like, but it doesn't mean someone still isn't deceiving us.  Remember, none of us were born yesterday, after all...

1 person likes this

Says you, heh.  People are willing to hook themselves up to lie detectors to get jobs.  These are jobs that people don't keep for the rest of their lives.  On average, we are talking 5 - 10 years before someone makes a career change.  How come it is unreasonable to hook up to a polygraph when the intention to marry lasts a remaining LIFETIME in comparison?  An engaged couple could make a "polygraph date" out of all of it to make it fun.  One person has a list of questions, and the other has the same.  Both perform the polygraph and the date continues afterward at the pool hall or something...

Also, it is VERY important to understand the difference between TRUST and TRUTH.  Trust neither causes nor guarantees truth.  We can trust all we like, but it doesn't mean someone still isn't deceiving us.  Remember, none of us were born yesterday, after all...

I share that opinion and don't think it's unreasonable. I agree that trusting someone doesn't mean they will be telling the truth. I have also thought polygraphs are a good idea. If it was the truth then trust is strengthened and it confirms the truth. 

1 person likes this

It's funny...I had never thougth about this...but I think it would be funny and interesting to do this. When you Know you tell the truth and you have nothing to hide it can be a very great game :-):-)

It wouldn't bother me...it's cool :-)

I would like to but it's unlikely. As long as he respects my choice to wait then I wouldn't care. Unless he's a man whore. Meaning hump and dump kinda guy. That turns me off

Come now. If this site proves anything, it's that virgin girls are all over the place  ^_^

I'd prefer a girl that's a virgin. But I'm not really sure I have the luxury of being able to find one.

1 person likes this

I don't know that it matters to me that much, and that's weird, because I kind of feel like it should? Like, if I saved myself for you and dedicated myself to becoming the best that I could be, shouldn't you have done the same? But the reality is that people's environments are different. I grew up in a family that made my decision very easy, and supported me in everything that I've ever done. I've never felt unloved, or rejected, or insignificant. The bar is already set very high for the man that I marry, by virtue of who I am and who my family is. If God's best for me comes up to me and has made poor choices in the past, but has since dedicated himself to becoming the man that God wants him to be, am I gonna say "sorry, but you should have made better decisions before you came to know and love Christ. Maybe He can forgive you, but I certainly can't!" Heaven forbid! That is my take. The person that God means for you may have taken a bumpy road to get there. My opinion.

2 people like this

I would like to but it's unlikely. As long as he respects my choice to wait then I wouldn't care. Unless he's a man whore. Meaning hump and dump kinda guy. That turns me off

I second this.

It is also true that people's environments are different. Their past lifes may affect them to be what they are now. We can be picky but we never know the person that God means for us.