Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Promoting WTMer as the Official Name of waiters

7 posts in this topic

Hey fellow waiters,

I know that since the beginning we have been thinking about a name to call ourselves, and recently I've noticed the increase usage among ourselves at using the word, "WTMer" to denote ourselves. I would like to propose this as the official name of "waiters" if u all agree. I admit it's not something that can easily be understood at once, but if we slowly and slowly push it in the public, thru facebook, texting, chatting w/friends, it'll become easily identifiable just as it has amongst us. What do yall think?

If it could catch on, I like WTMers better than "Waiters" because it can't be confused with people who wait tables. :lol:

This is just me, but I like "waiters" better. WTMer is great for web/non-verbal but it would be awkward in convo, "waiter" is more "universal". I don't even think I've seen WTMer used that much here?

Again, just my opinion. At the end of the day we're all a united front which I love.

If it could catch on, I like WTMers better than "Waiters" because it can't be confused with people who wait tables. :lol:

Agreed. I like WTMers way more.

"waiters" works among ourselves because we know we most likely aren't talking about waiting tables in most cases, unless it's someone's job, but WTMer explains better about what we are waiting about...and it might give us chances to explain that to people, so I think it is good.

ok maybe I need to go back to English grammar class to learn how to write decent! LOL! :)

hmmm very valid points here from everyone but personally, what attracted me first to the site was not only the male-waiters ( was going through a very rough time at that point of life) which was very encouraging but the term "waiter." I thought it was such a cool word versus they typical "virgin" word which seems kinda inexperienced and not as cool as waiter. Waiter sounds like a personal decision like " I choose to wait." kinda thing haha

hmmm very valid points here from everyone but personally, what attracted me first to the site was not only the male-waiters ( was going through a very rough time at that point of life) which was very encouraging but the term "waiter." I thought it was such a cool word versus they typical "virgin" word which seems kinda inexperienced and not as cool as waiter. Waiter sounds like a personal decision like " I choose to wait." kinda thing haha

I agree OHG!! I mean I don't have a problem with WTMer but "waiter" is a little easier to say lol. And like OHG I like the connotation it has.