WakeUp&BeAwesome

When guys find out I´m a virgin

6 posts in this topic

Just want to share this article.

A 26-year-old female waiter is sharing her experiences about telling her love interests that she wants to wait.

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/06/when_guys_find_out_im_a_virgin/

P.S.: Don´t read the comments, unless you want to get depressed.

I found a nice comment and I´m sharing it with you all:

Hey, my wife was in the same boat. I was not a virgin when we met, in fact, far from it.

But, she made her thoughts clear after we hung out a bit, and I thought she was worth waiting for.

In fact, we didn´t get married for four years, so the entire time I was celibate along with her.

Together 8 years, married for 4, and happy as shit. Not a big deal if you find the right person.

5 people like this

Thanks that was a good article. I feel the same way. Im 30 and a guy in the army and it wouldnt even be hard to wait if it where easier to find a girl friend. Girls seem even worse than what she described in the article or a least the same in my experiences. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for sharing that article. When and how to tell someone serious that I'm waiting for marriage is something that has long concerned me. This article was refreshing to read, especially since I am a Lutheran just like the woman who wrote this article.

1 person likes this

I absolutely love that article. I am SO happy that she wrote that. Of course it's difficult to wait, but if you know who you are and what you want, it's easier to stick up for yourself. Damn, I wish I had her courage!

1 person likes this

I really love this article to bits, reason being that am also a 26 years old female virgin. I can relate with everything she wrote. Thanks

1 person likes this

I said this elsewhere on the forum, but I definitely think that being a waiter is something that should be brought up fairly early in a relationship.  Doing so allows for a discussion of whether or not the two people are compatible on this value, boundaries, and other related issues.  Putting it off until things "get serious" runs the risk of having boundaries pushed or having gotten somewhat serious with a person for whom waiting until marriage for sex is unfathomable, which is unfair to them because they will have likely pursued you with the assumption that it was something on the table; every person should have the opportunity to make an informed decision about whether or not to pursue someone, regardless of their views, choices, or convictions.

4 people like this