WeirdWalter

How do I tell her??

9 posts in this topic

So I've been with this girl for some time, and we are going on a weekend trip together next week. How do I tell her I want to wait without making her feel unwanted? ( I am seriously into her and don't want to mess it up)

OK, if I was you this is how I would do it:

• Get her alone, say lunch or dinner out of hearing range of others. Some girls, like me, hate being put in an embarrassing situation in public.
  • Create a fun, light mood. Tell a funny story and get her to laugh.
  • Don't make a big deal about it. Start the conversation light somewhere relevant and lead up to the revelation: "I've been meaning to tell you, I'd like for us to wait until marriage to have sex. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I want our first time to be special because you're a special lady. I promise this won't affect our relationship." OK that sounds corny but you get the point XD
  • Kiss her. That will get the point across that you want her but want to wait for the right time.

I hope these are some good ideas, good luck :)

So I've been with this girl for some time, and we are going on a weekend trip together next week. How do I tell her I want to wait without making her feel unwanted? ( I am seriously into her and don't want to mess it up)

Tell her your waiting for honorable reasons. 

• Kiss her. That will get the point across that you want her but want to wait for the right time.
I hope these are some good ideas, good luck :)
This definitely helps! Thank you!

My issue is that I was in sexual relationships before.. It's only after I grew up that I realized it's NOT OK to have sex with a girl that I don't intend to marry then break her heart. I'm serious about this girl but I figured if I can wait until I'm sure she's the right one, might as well wait until marriage...

I am afraid she'll not see my point and think I'm either weird or not into her

My issue is that I was in sexual relationships before.. It's only after I grew up that I realized it's NOT OK to have sex with a girl that I don't intend to marry then break her heart. I'm serious about this girl but I figured if I can wait until I'm sure she's the right one, might as well wait until marriage...

You know, I find the way you are writing to us about quite genuine and clear enough.  Also, you seem considerate of her feelings; so well done, bro.

I would wait until the desire to have sex actually begins to become a problem.  If indeed things get a little steamy, then you can simply tell her a lot of what you told us.  I think you will do just fine.  Don't worry about it too much, and just enjoy yourselves and remain comfortable.  When we get nervous, that's when we say things we don't mean.  Just keep it COOL, or things get either HEATED, or STEAMY, heh...

Oooops, I realized this was "Girl's Only."  Well, take it or leave it from a man like myself...

1 person likes this

Thank you GodsPhysicist. Your advice is very helpful. I mainly wanted a girl's opinion because I didn't know how to say it without making her feel unwanted

Just tell her about your experience. Once you explain it to her, I don't think she will feel unwanted. And this may seem cliche, but if she thinks you wanting to respect your/her body is "weird", maybe you should reconsider how much you like her. That sort of  thing will always come out in other ways. My opinion.

Thank you for your input. I guess to summarize, I have to say my fear of being misunderstood is much bigger than my fear of being rejected...

1 person likes this