Joshua

Finally, a safe haven...hopefully.

28 posts in this topic

Hi everyone my name is Joshua.

I haven't been to bed yet (ha! double entendre) but I just wanted to introduce myself. From what this site advertises I think this is the place I've been looking for. I've joined so many sites other the past few years looking for support with waiting but was quickly disappointed.

As I'm sure many of you've experienced, there just such a pressure on us these days to do the deed...and I rather it not be a factor while building a relationship with a woman. Whenever I've dated the topic would eventually come up. I've even had my ex say that a real relationship can't be established without it (in her mind).

My particular decision to wait long ago came from a faithful motivation, coming from a Christian background. I would find a few who initially respected that but then soon started yearning for us to take it to the next level. There were many times I reached the limit of my resistance, but then my conscience would take over. So...yeah lol.

So there's my introduction. I'm going to catch a few zzz's but I'll log back on later.

Take care.

7 people like this

Hi, welcome Joshua!  This is definitely the right place to be encouraged and supported.  Glad you found the site.

1 person likes this

Welcome, Joshua. From what she said:

"...that a real relationship can't be established without it ...".: Sex ain't necessary there; if she needs it soon, it ain't real: what is she trying to say? Is she saying that asexuals who are in a romantic relationships aren't in a relationship? Come on.

It is just your preference - to keep sex as a trivial yet important, trivial unimportant or the single most important factor; a relarionship isn't necessarily invalidated in that case.

Anyway, please don't my rants, welcome to the community :) . I am glad that you found this place; hope you like it here :)

Stop by and join the public chatroll with us.  It has the United States crowd in it usually in the evenings, and people trickle in from time to time as the schedule shifts...

Welcome to the site, sir...

Thanks to all who've replied. I really appreciate the warm welcome :)

And I appreciate your rant mewaiting lol; that was exactly my reply to her. To her defense however, she came from a background of being forced into sexual activity at a very, very young age...she also has children from a previous marriage, so from her perspective "sex" and "relationship" are fused.

But I'm glad I was at least able to prove to her for 8 months that an intimate relationship doesn't necessitate sex until we're ready for marriage; that it's about establishing a strong bond on an emotional level...proved that is...until the tension grew too high between us that we were arguing about petty issues weekly.

...So I just rather it not be a factor next time if I were to find someone else.

Thanks again everyone!

1 person likes this

Glad to have you here, sir!

1 person likes this

Hey man I understand your struggles!! I had similar experiences. I'm 30 and have almost been in love but the girl wanted to have a sexually relationship as well. inbox me if you ever want to talk one on one with a fellow christian!

I really appreciate the offer armytiger. Yes. smh it can be very frustrating at times and I'm glad there are those who've been through similar situations who can lend a shoulder to lean on. Not minimizing the struggle for any of the ladies here, but.........the force is strong with guys, so to say (lol). And when opportunities (temptations?) present themselves such can erode a guy's defenses.

So I will definitely take advantage of your offer kind sir, whenever those times come. Greatly appreciate it! :)

1 person likes this

I am a non virgin F who had a successful relationship with a WTM boy. I actually found it REFRESHING that he wasn't that interested in sex. I'm sure other girls out there will feel the same. But i think a non WTM person will want license to masturbate.