Mac&Cheese

MUSIC!

135 posts in this topic

Wow, I am gonna feel like the odd person out but when is that new. I love pretty much anything except hard rock and hard rap. A friend in high school made sure I appreciate alternative and still hold a soft spot for Better Man in my heart cause she was a die hard Pearl Jam fan.

My play list for work right now consists of more pop right now.

5 Songs as done on Glee - Rumor Has It/ Some Like You mashup, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, How Will I Know, Halo/Walking on Sunshine Mashup, Hate on Me

Sexy and I Know It Cover - YouTube SN: Only1Noah

This Ole Boy - Craig Morgan

Funky Jesus Music - tobyMac

Caryl Rae Jenson - Call Me Maybe

Michael Buble - Hollywood

Fine By Me - Andy Grammer

The bands I listen to the most tend to skew experimental; Ween, the Residents, Devo, Primus, the Fiery Furnaces, Tobacco, and Black Moth Super Rainbow are my go-to bands for noises I like.

Hear this triscuit!

It's like, if answering machines could march to war, their battle hymns would sound like this.

1 person likes this

So glad to see some Classic Rock in the mix!!!! That is by far my favorite genre. Hard to narrow down a definite list of favorites though.....But I'll try!

Bad Company

Keith Urban

Boston

Shawn McDonald

The Eagles

Journey

Third Day

Creed

Garth Brooks

Trisha Yearwood

Van Halen

Mercy Me

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

http://youtu.be/5p3hdT4vmBg

Here's just a little something else I felt like sharing. Before I die, I'd love to see these guys live. This kind of velvety spectacle is common at their shows.

Painful admission: I can't dance. But if I could, I would want to dance like this.
1 person likes this

Erasercrumbs, that is the creepiest video I've seen since I watched all the episodes of "Salad Fingers" on YouTube...Yet it's strangely catchy...

xxx

1 person likes this

It always puts a smile on f

Erasercrumbs, that is the creepiest video I've seen since I watched all the episodes of "Salad Fingers" on YouTube...Yet it's strangely catchy...

xxx

Bad news, Jegsy. I hate to be the one to break it to you, and I mean this in the most complimentary way possible...but the fact that you weren't immediately alienated by a Residents song means that, deep down, you must be a little bit odd. Er, no, don't think of it as 'odd.' Think of it as unique. Like a snowflake. Or a talking staple remover.

Now that I know you're one of us, I'll have the club president send you the Official Club Oddball Secret Handshake instructional video. :lol:

2 people like this

Seeing as how we are a Love based community - take a few minutes and listen to this music video. I think you will like it.

That this thread keeps sinking to the bottom brings me no small amount of heartache. I keep swimming against the downward current to drag it back to the top, but my mighty little hummingbird heart is going to explode eventually. Share your musical tastes, folks! Comparing musical tastes is a great way to make friends, or alienate people that wouldn't like you very much anyway.

To keep it going, here's a little something I've been enjoying the last few days. It's new!

1 person likes this

That this thread keeps sinking to the bottom brings me no small amount of heartache. I keep swimming against the downward current to drag it back to the top, but my mighty little hummingbird heart is going to explode eventually.

Thank you for picking back up my cross, erasercrumbs. You may end up getting crucified upside down, but keep spreading the faith.

1 person likes this

Thank you for picking back up my cross, erasercrumbs. You may end up getting crucified upside down, but keep spreading the faith.

I will, ye martyr'd. No matter how often this thread dies, I will dig it up, taxidermize it, and parade it around town square like some kind of ghastly fertility totem.

2 people like this

Favorite songs of all time:

Wishing - Flock of Seagulls

What is Love - Haddaway

She's So High - Tal Bachman

We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher (pretty much all of her songs I love)

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Iz

Wild Child - Enya (pretty much love all of her songs as well)

Wonder Woman - Frankmusik

Cool - Gwen Stefani

I'm Ready, If You're Willing - Johnny Horton (love him)

Mr. Brightside - The Killers

You Get What You Give - New Radicals

& don't know if this counts but the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang theme song lol

Some more artists that I like: Cusco, Mika, Hooray for Earth, Relient K, Avicii, Aqua, Queen, Phil Collins, Shania Twain.

I like a lot of different music except for anything Screamo/Death Metal and I usually don't really care for slow jazz type and broadway songs either.

1 person likes this

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher (pretty much all of her songs I love)

I'm Ready, If You're Willing - Johnny Horton (love him)

What a delightfully eclectic mix! Personally, I've never been able to fully fathom anyone who only enjoys one specific genre of music, as if any one musical style has a monopoly on creativity.

I'm becoming a huge fan of Liam Lynch's music. It's the perfect blend of technically brilliant and preposterous. Like Michelangelo's David in a rainbow clown wig. And he is a grown man that utilizes puppets in his art, so bonus points.

I love the band Pathfinder. Pathway to the moon is a great song by them, you should easily be able to find it on youtube.

Well, I'm a folk, 60/70s, rock type of guy (although, I do like other styles of music)

Here is my list:

Jim Croce - "The Way We Used To Be"

James Taylor - "Fire and Rain"

Gordon Lightfoot - " If you could read my mind"

Eagles - "Hotel California"

@ slayerofdragon - You and I have the exact same taste in music haha! "Fire and Rain" is one my all time favourite songs!

1 person likes this

Good threads never truly die. They can only be forgotten, and yes, they might appear dead temporarily, but they will always claw their way out of the grave to feast upon the brains of living threads. All it takes is just a little love and a pinch of pixie magic.

http://youtu.be/DU91POX33aE

Dang I love Ween. That's right. And I'm not taking it back.

Thinking of doing an "Artist of the Week" and playing a song by an individual artist every day during a week.

As a preview, I will post this one - not officially released on any of their albums as far as I know.

1 person likes this

Thinking of doing an "Artist of the Week" and playing a song by an individual artist every day during a week.

Capital idea. I want to play too!

1 person likes this

Capital idea. I want to play too!

Excellent. Well I will begin this Sunday, December 2nd, ending the following Saturday, December 8th. I suppose you get to go next as I don't think there are any other nominees (or anyone else viewing the thread).