Katy02

Hey :) So glad to have found this site.

15 posts in this topic

Hey, my names Katy :) I'm really glad to have found this site.  I think it would be encouraging for me to talk to others who share similar values.  Unfortuanaley, I've gotten used to a bit of judgement from close friends and could really use some support on my decision to wait until marriage. My friends are well intentioned and by no means mean, but waiting isn't the norm so it probably seems strange to them, which is why I wanted to turn to an online community for friends in the same boat :)

3 people like this

Hey there, Katy and welcome to the community! As someone else said in here, we all have at least one important thing in common, so that's a great start. Hope you will find the supportive and non-judgemental friends you're seeking in here. :)

3 people like this

Oh! Welcome, Katy! I am pretty sure that you will love this community; you may want to hang out in out chat section to directly introduce yourself.

7427675828_baeb427887.jpg

P.S. Stole this from Flickr: Attribution

2 people like this

Welcome, Katy! Friends doesn't always understand. Glad you found the site! ;)

2 people like this

Hello.  I see you are somewhat intellectual from your profile.  I second MeWaiting's invitation to the public chat room; I and others can share some insights from the science word.

I understand the judgements of the world.  I simply don't tell anyone of my secret celibate lifestyle...

1 person likes this

Gods Physicist, I will definitely find my way to the chat rooms! :) -especially if theres science talk!

And that's a good plan haha, I ended up telling my closest friends at a big girls night, those can be traps for dishing all of your secrets haha.

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone! :D

Welcome! You can definitely get support here and make great friends.  :)

1 person likes this

Welcome to the website... we're an interesting bunch of people here. You'll find people from all different beliefs. It's quite interesting actually.

Welcome, you found the right site. Everyone I've met, has been really cool. I hope you meet many new friends. :)

1 person likes this

Welcome, Katy! Thank you for coming to the site and I hope you come to like it here.

1 person likes this

welcome katy !! i hope you gonna enjoy it here and always find support and peace from everyone behind their screens  :)

1 person likes this

Hi Katy!

Welcome! I can definitely attest to the struggles of peer pressure. It is needless to say unfortunate that WTM is demoralized in this society and that everything in the media is sexualized. You must not let the actions of others control the way you live your life. This is definitely easier said than done. As I told a fellow waiter, don't let the people around you pressure you into something you choose not to do. Your beliefs make you unique. If someone pressures you into having sex and you do, the very thing that made you unique is taken away from you, and are you really "you" anymore? In other words, don't let people break or pressure you because they have no right to control your choices or your life. You are brave to be patient and continue to uphold your values in a group of friends who believe differently. Sex is a God-given gift and mustn't be given away so easily. Also, not everything in life revolves around sex, so don't feel like you are forced to do something that you don't believe in. Virgins in this society may be seen as prude or cowardice, when in fact we are actually strong-willed and diligent. Because we are waiters, we will have a more satisfying relationship with our future spouses and not feel guilty or regret anything we've done when we were younger. We will have a strong relationship with our future husbands because we will give them everything we have which will result in a strong foundation for a beautiful long marriage. I wish you the best of luck, Katy. You got this!  :)