Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHZ

Is it a bad idea to make a move on a girl even if you aren't totally sure about you feel about her?

9 posts in this topic

Basically there's this girl I like, and I enjoy being around her. And would like her to potentially become my girlfriend, but I'm not totally sure how I feel about her. Or is going out with a girl as a girlfriend how I get to know her to become totally sure how I feel about her. Basically, I want to get closer to her. But at the same time I don't want to hurt her if things don't go right.

Also if a girl acts like she isn't interested in anything, is it possible that she doing that to help me get to the point where I want to get know her better. I mean, like saying she's not into it. But is actually willing to give it a try. I'm talking about things like Anime, Sci-Fi, Metal, stuff like that.

Is this the same girl you accidentally blew off and thought was mad at you but turns out she wasn't? Or a whole new girl......

3 people like this

How about asking her if she's interested in being more than friends....? That's a risk you have to take on your own.

1 person likes this

When you say that you aren't sure how you feel about her, what do you mean? Do you have a good idea of what you're looking for in a wife? I say this because knowing what you want puts you in a better position to evaluate her and see whether you want to take things further. You'll know what questions to ask to find out the things about her that you consider important.

That said, it may not be a bad idea to ask her on a date. It may be a good opportunity to get to know her better, and you're in a better position to see whether you want to move on to something more serious or not.

3 people like this

I suggest being friends first. It might help ease your feelings of nervousness or whatever feelings about you that may inhibit you from having a normal relationship with this person (since you aren't forced to act a certain way but just be yourself :)). i also read somewhere that as friends easing yourselves into a relationship may be easier than starting from the relationship itself. On the plus side, i heard that a good friend makes a good lover.

Best of luck

It's best to keep talking to her if your unsure about her. (Its best to look before you jump.) Try to learn more about her on a personal level. If you make enough connections ask her out.

1 person likes this

I say making a move is more fundamental than knowing how you feel about someone ahead of time.  Part of meeting someone and getting to know someone better involves letting yourselves get aquainted with time spent.  You don't have to know everything about a person before you make a move.  Making a move gives someone an excuse to find out more about a person, and that makes our feelings for them develop into something more authentic.  More authentic feelings tells us more about whether or not we want to pursue someone further...

Make your move before asking these questions.  You might find that you will answer your own questions about each person you make a move on.  Step one is always to meet someone first.  Step two (or eleven, heh) is the choice to take something to a more long term level.  You must always do step one first.  Meet someone first before you decide whether or not to go further...

1 person likes this