K.G.

How would you react if your friend was willing to cheating on someone to be with you?

9 posts in this topic

I've peronally came really close to having this happen to me. This girl wanted to be more than frineds with me, but I could never tell when she did or didnt have a boyfriend. That is until the boyfriend came into work three days after. I kept my mouth shut about it until she asked about it again, I reacted by asking her how her boyfriend would feel about it. She responded by saing that it could be her's and I's little seceret. I stopped talking to her all together after that. I've had a few people think that it was rude of me to ignore her. How would you react if somthing like this happened to you?

4 people like this

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of dating someone who was currently in a relationship. As well as being unfair to the person they're cheating on, I would have a problem being in a relationship with someone who had such a nonchalant attitude towards being unfaithful. I would be paranoid that they would do the same to me down the line and wouldn't be able to trust them. You did the right thing IMO.

4 people like this

I would no longer be friends with that person. I refuse to associate myself with people who have no honor and respect. Besides, if they are able of cheating on their current partner, they will most certainly cheat on me.

10 people like this

I think you did the right thing in no longer talking to her. You did confront her about her boyfriend and that's all you need to do. She is obviously not the kind of person you want as a friend. 

I would do the same thing you did if a friend was willing to cheat on his girlfriend to be with me or ifthey wanted me to cheat on my boyfriend to be with them. I do not need that kind of person in my life. 

8 people like this

If a guy did that I'd stop talking to him as well and I'd tell the girl he's with. If I have text to prove it I'd show them.and since I normally record important conversations I'd make sure to do so so I'd have proof with voice..... thank my mom for my being this way since she's kind of a P.I.

2 people like this

That almost happened to me too. I told the guy that I wasn't interested, and while we're still friends, I definitely wouldn't consider dating him after that. If someone is willing to cheat on their partner to be with me, they might be willing to cheat on me later on, and that's not a situation I want to put myself into.

4 people like this

Dont bother yourself my friend , you acted right with her and if there is any shame its gonna be on her not on you, as never the wrong can be justified, coloured or being called little secret between two to be seen right, she just underestimated you thinking she is irresistible and can't be ignored getting whoever she wants when she wants and where she wants but she forgot that men aren't all same and there is some who still can say no  :)

You did the right thing. If she is willing to be unfaithful in her current relationship, how do you expect her to be faithful to you?

Glad to see so many as like minded as me  :) I would not even consider agreeing to it and would view the person a lot more negatively for even suggesting it. Yeah, for sure they'd be more likely to cheat on you later on cause they dont take commitment seriously but even if they didn't, it'd still be horrible to put their current partner through that  :unsure: I know I'd feel AWFUL if I figured out that someone who said they were fully committed to me turned out to be doing that all for show. It'd make me feel I was not good enough in some way. If this scenario makes me sad , it's reasonable to believe it would make someone else sad as well.  And I prefer seeing people happy  :D not sad.  It will never cease to amaze me how selfish and dismissive of others feelings people can be.