LMNolan

Your prayers are wanted!

6 posts in this topic

Howdy!

My name is Lauren from Texas and I was wondering if I could ask a favor...

I have been involved in Kairos Prison Ministry for a year and a half now and about to be the Outside Agape Coordinator for Walls Walk #24!

I know prison ministry might not seem to touch most people, but I know this is what God has called me to do. I have such a passion and love for the ministry showing God's love.

As the Agape Coordinator, something I am in charge of is the prayer chain. It will be brought in for our participants to see that there are people all over the world who don't even know them praying for them. This weekend is all about forgiveness and showing love. When they see the chain and find out that each individual link represents someone praying for them, it really touches their hearts. I am on a mission to have as many people praying for us as possible for a safe and successful weekend. The walk will be from Sep 4th through the 7th.

I'm not sure the best way to do this and I usually don't ask favors, but since it is for prayers and not money or anything like that, I don't feel like it is asking toooo much. I guess one way for me to add your name to the chain would be for you to respond with a comment or send me a message if possible including your first name and city. That's it. Or it can be a nickname if you don't want to give out your first name.

Any and all prayers are very much appreciated!

Thank you all for your help!!! :wub:

With love through Christ,

Lauren

4 people like this

Dear inmates,

I do not know who you are and you do not know who I am. But please know that I am praying for you. Maybe you feel like you have done things that this world would never forgive, maybe you feel like you cannot forgive yourself. In that sense, I am not so different from you for I have felt similar emotions. The only real difference is our legal status. But I want to encourage you that there is hope and redemption in Jesus Christ. His sacrifice paid the ultimate price for our sins, no matter how severe, so that we may have forgiveness. Even if you may experience the price of your crimes in this life, you can be free from the price in the next. Open your heart to Jesus. Once again, you are in my prayers. 

With grace,

Vincent

Portland, OR

8 people like this

Finally, great first post and it's very nice of you that you are involved. I'll PM you.

1 person likes this

Absolutely love this. My mom, dad, and I used to do this at our old church! I'll send you a message.

1 person likes this

This is great! So many people in prison needing ministry and the sad thing is most probably shouldn't even be in prison....but that's a different thing. Regarding forgiveness, I'm currently reading Total Forgiveness by R T Kendall and so far its been great - it goes into popular misconceptions regarding what forgiveness is and isn't. Anyway...PMed you :)

1 person likes this

Howdy!

I wanted to say a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been praying for the Kairos team and the participants. You will be added to the chain and show the inmates that they are not forgotten. Thank you for your involvement!

God bless you everyone!

With love through Christ,

Lauren Nolan

2 people like this