Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K.G.

What do you like to do to take your mind off things or to occupy your time?

15 posts in this topic

I like to work out, eat comfort food while watching late night T.V., and plan things for my future. It's healthy to have things to do. A person can go mentally insane doing nothing but thinking. Trust me, been there. 

P.S.- You never know you may help people who have trouble finding things to do by commenting. :)

I listen to music when I'm unstable, the band Flyleaf has helped me a lot. I love reading, it's an escape when this world gets to be too much ^^. And just being around friends in general, and having human connection. It's so beautiful, a simple smile and a few kinds words can impact a person's whole day in a positive way :)

2 people like this

Ladywolflucy : "It's so beautiful, a simple smile and a few kinds words can impact a person's whole day in a positive way :)"

TOTALLY AGREE with those words !

That's why I think it is important to give others what you want to receive from them (As Jesus said ahah :P , "All those things, then, which you would have men do to you, even so do you to them: because this is the law and the prophets."

As I would say : what you sow is what you reap).

Even if sometimes I don't want to do do a certain thing I try to put me in the shoes of the other person in front of me. "What kind of attitude If I were you, would I like you to adopt with me?"

And I try to do my best using smile and kind words with respectful attitude because I know every time, that's what I want from others.

Have a blessed day :D

2 people like this

I listen to music when I'm unstable, the band Flyleaf has helped me a lot. I love reading, it's an escape when this world gets to be too much ^^. And just being around friends in general, and having human connection. It's so beautiful, a simple smile and a few kinds words can impact a person's whole day in a positive way :)

OMGosh, Flyleaf! They are actually from a town about thirty minutes from me :D *fangirls*

I workout (ypga and running), watch baseball, get lost on YouTube, read the news (though that can be depressing, but not much else to do at work), play with my dogs, and sometimes yard work can be nice.

2 people like this

I listen to music and dance to the latest R&B songs. I used to go shopping but this was not the best therapy!

1 person likes this

I have never trouble finding things to do, rather I have trouble finding time to do all the things I want to do. For example,

- researching topics I feel I don't know enough about (which are many things)

- acquiring new skills in areas I am not good at

- creating a new idealistic website that will change the world

- writing a new software product that will generate additional income

I mostly spend my time outside with friends. When I'm home I mostly play on my baglama, I also read about whatever I'm interested in. (usually politics, history or literature). Sometimes I do give attention to my son. He spends his time outside with his other cat-friends though.

And when it's time to sleep, well, I start thinking about all sort of things that I just can't sleep sometimes.

I really have to be tired to be able to fall asleep. Or a movie on tv with a little sound, at night. (I can never sleep when I see daylight)

I talk with friends, I study, read a real lot, listen to music, etc... Anything like that which keeps me busy.

I tend to occupy my time with reading and writing mostly. I find that having insomnia is both a blessing and a curse in that I have time to finish most things during the day, but late at night my mind tends to wander. Sometimes I'll just go for a late night stroll to clear my mind or I'll go for an early morning jog. 

Music is also a big part of my life. I just started learning to play the piano again because I find it to be quite sonorous. My taste in music greatly changes with my mood and on most days I use it as an outlet to help convey how I'm feeling at the time. I tend to work a lot though (40-48 hours/week) and have school on top of that so that is where the bulk of my time goes. 

I knit while listening to metal...weird combination I know, but it works wonderfully for me to de-stress and almost I get to work on some project too.

I'm always at my happiest whenever I'm working towards some goal. Right now, I'm really trying to get a handle on having a healthy lifestyle. I've managed to get a gym routine down, which is great. Also been trying to fix my eating habits. Cutting out junk, learning to cook, trying new things, that kind of stuff. It's given me a whole new appreciation for food in general. All of it is so interesting, and it's very satisfying to find something that you like that also happens to actually be healthy. I've always had a big appetite, so learning to fuel myself with the right foods is a must. That appetite has gotten even bigger thanks to working out... I think I have a pretty good metabolism. :P

Aside from that, I've been learning new disciplines. Trying to introduce organization and structure into my life. The thing about me is that I've proven to be very capable at working extremely hard towards anything I'm motivated for, but at the same time I also have an extremely large capacity for laziness. Whenever I'm depressed or just demotivated, I'm known to lounge around and sleep all day like a cat, it's ridiculous. The best way I've found to combat that is to keep a routine. Go to bed at the same time, wake up at the same time, do your daily rituals, complete X amount of tasks for the day, etc. Though all of that is probably standard, mundane stuff for most of you guys. I guess that should properly illustrate how bad I've been. ;)

In a nutshell, just stay busy. Very easy to keep your mind off things that way, and to stay focused on what you want. One weird little thing I've found solace in is just making up my bed every morning. It's something I never used to do. I used to think it was pointless, but doing it seems to help me somehow. I can't really explain it. Other than that, make sure you are able to dedicate some time to your hobbies. You always want to hold on to that passion you have for whatever those hobbies may be. They'll always be there to help cheer you up when you need it.

1 person likes this

I like to keep myself busy by going to the gym, listening to music, detailing cars and most importantly reading.

I love listening to music, spending time with my family/friends/puppy, snuggles, playing in the rain, hugging trees (not even joking), looking at/smelling flowers, watching shows, vacations, eating/baking, going on long walks (best when surrounded by trees), praying/talking to God, work (crazy I know but I love my current job), dance, pole fitness, aerial yoga, singing, shopping for groceries, long showers, talking to random people, Prison Ministry, reading, gaming, trying to learn to play instruments, and so many more things but I can't think of them atm.

I thoroughly enjoy turning music up really loud and dancing like a manacle fool while cleaning or cooking. I usually get the cats and dogs to join along. My bunny and turkey use to join also. I LOVE washing cars, especially when it rains. I feel like rain is sent down to wash away our sins..Maybe I'm weird...but I feel like being in  the rain is kind of a cleansing and I love it. When it is not burning to the point of misery outside I love walking/running with my doggos. Gardening is also a favorite of mine,whether it be fruits, vegetables, or jut pretty flowers. It is very calming to do something that you know makes a difference.  I use to run like nobody's business before I developed some female problems that made it really difficult. One day I will run again! 

1 person likes this