hashasheen217

how do you plan on finding your spouse?

11 posts in this topic

Ever wonder how you will find him. Most are just expecting it to happen. From a western point of view, there is dating, texting, etc. Even sleeping with each other before marriage is acceptable now a days in a western world. It's even to the point people think alternatives are ok, like dry humping, kissing, touching, oral, etc. As long as you don't insert.

In my culture/religion(way of life), the male meets the father first and asks for his daughters hand in marriage. This is the way it is supposed to be done within our religion. We marry for religious purpose. The non pious is for the non pious and pious is for the pious. The first thing we do is ask around, we will ask our religious leader to look out, and even ask parents we see at our place of worship. So first you get to know her and her family. Then her friends. Then her neighbors. This is all to validate the type of person she is, and gauge whether it can be a good marriage, but God knows best. Any dates before marriage are with a third party, such as a brother or sister. All this is to ensure a pure and lawful marriage with no sin of fornication.

It seems like a lot to go through, but I think this method is necessary and can be applied to people that are just waiting, and aren't religious. Because we are talking about marriage,with a partner for life, you should know what you are getting into and know the people you are going to be attached to. Divorce rates are also at its highest, they say the reason for most divorces is financial. Some females are scared of struggle, I'm not saying struggle your whole, but loyalty is dying.

I have yet to get married but this route has definitely got me thinking.

So I want see comments on this method of finding a spouse.

7 people like this

Ever wonder how you will find him. Most are just expecting it to happen. From a western point of view, there is dating, texting, etc. Even sleeping with each other before marriage is acceptable now a days in a western world. It's even to the point people think alternatives are ok, like dry humping, kissing, touching, oral, etc. As long as you don't insert.

In my culture/religion(way of life), the male meets the father first and asks for his daughters hand in marriage. This is the way it is supposed to be done within our religion. We marry for religious purpose. The non pious is for the non pious and pious is for the pious. The first thing we do is ask around, we will ask our religious leader to look out, and even ask parents we see at our place of worship. So first you get to know her and her family. Then her friends. Then her neighbors. This is all to validate the type of person she is, and gauge whether it can be a good marriage, but God knows best. Any dates before marriage are with a third party, such as a brother or sister. All this is to ensure a pure and lawful marriage with no sin of fornication.

It seems like a lot to go through, but I think this method is necessary and can be applied to people that are just waiting, and aren't religious. Because we are talking about marriage,with a partner for life, you should know what you are getting into and know the people you are going to be attached to. Divorce rates are also at its highest, they say the reason for most divorces is financial. Some females are scared of struggle, I'm not saying struggle your whole, but loyalty is dying.

I have yet to get married but this route has definitely got me thinking.

So I want see comments on this method of finding a spouse.

What religion are you?

Hopefully I can find a husband while I'm traveling. I would love to marry someone from a different country.

3 people like this

Hopefully I can find a husband while I'm traveling. I would love to marry someone from a different country.

I'm a Muslim. What are you?

For what reasons do you travel? I was thinking similar myself. What countries do you want to go to?
1 person likes this

yellow pages?  :P

Hahaaaah Reminds me: a good friend of my family found his wife when his friends put a 'searching for wife' add in a newspaper! They've been married for some 30 years now. You never know how it'll turn out  :D

3 people like this

I am currently courting (We met online). I had no idea, how I would meet someone. Would it be through work, volunteering, religious gatherings, bumping into each other while accessing prices of tomato sauce, or? Who knows? What I did know however, was the way that I would enter a courtship...and that involved family and friends.

What do I think of the method you mentioned? I think it is like most. Good is ways, but it doesn't guarantee success, or even that the two people remain virgins. I've heard and know of people in these situations hooking up privately, or marrying an abusive person. My family has done a lot of this type of courtship, and some people are happy, some are content, some are miserable, and others are divorced.

3 people like this

I'm going to save up some money so I can buy a GPS tracker that will lead me to my future husband. They make those, right?

6 people like this

For what reasons do you travel? I was thinking similar myself. What countries do you want to go to?

Everywhere. I travel because I love learning about different customs, cultures, religions, and people. Everywhere I go it's a learning experience.

1 person likes this