Peter

Have you ever been arrested?

20 posts in this topic

Have you ever been arrested or even pulled over/stopped by police? And if so, why were you stopped and how did it go?

Share your worst/best stories! :D

2 people like this

Personally, I have never been confronted with police, although I'd honestly like to try. I've been preparing exactly what to say and it'd probably be a cool experience. (Assuming I'm still a law abiding citizen!) :lol:

I don't know if it counts, but the worst thing happening to me is being stopped by airport security because I always tend to forget that I'm wearing a belt when I go through the metal detector. They're probably used to it though, I'm just padded down or scanned again and then I get to move on.

1 person likes this

I've never been arrested but have been in prison. I've never been in jail but have been to court. I have been pulled over but I have also pulled over people.

4 people like this

Nope. never arrested. I was a week past 16 the last, and first, time I got pulled over. No front license plate on my 04 Cobra. Got a warning. :P It's crazy to think that will be seven years ago soon. Still have that car and I still haven't drilled the front bumper for a plate. :lol:

I've never been arrested but have been in prison. I've never been in jail but have been to court. I have been pulled over but I have also pulled over people.

policeman :D

Only been pulled over for speeding, out of state. Hope to never happen again or to never be arrested. My dad might disown me :o

Nope, my only interaction with cops has been the anti-drug lectures I received in school. And I'm happy to keep it that way, too; even though I'm a blonde, WASP-y looking girl, recent events concerning Texas police officers have left me weary.

1 person likes this

I don't know if it counts, but the worst thing happening to me is being stopped by airport security because I always tend to forget that I'm wearing a belt when I go through the metal detector. They're probably used to it though, I'm just padded down or scanned again and then I get to move on.

That has happened to me too.

Nope, not arrested, not even pulled over, though I've been a passenger in cars that have been pulled over. Airport security on the other hand....hahaha. One time I was twice selected for testing for explosives at the same airport on the same day. Also, wearing lots of warm clothing and overheating due to traveling from a wintering to an summering country doesn't help getting through luggage check any quicker.

I once ran from a patrolling cop while attempting a senior prank with some classmates. We were in the lobby when we saw the car pulling around and we high-tailed it to the softball field and hid there for a while. Funny thing is we probably could have stayed in the lobby and the cop would have just drove around the school and left.

Other than that I've been pulled over once (no ticket)

1 person likes this

No jail but I was pulled over for speeding once, years ago. The speed limit increased at the bottom of the hill and I was at the top, I let it coast to reach the speed limit at the bottom and he got me technically not going the speed limit since I wasn't past the sign. I guess I could have stayed at the previous speed limit if I rode my brakes down the hill the whole way just to then speed up again at the bottom. :P Stupid speed trap! 

1 person likes this

I've been pulled over once; went through a crosswalk without stopping for a passenger that wanted to cross. It was completely my fault since I didn't pay attention to the "you MUST stop for pedestrians" sign, but thankfully the officer let me off with a warning.

Personally, I have never been confronted with police, although I'd honestly like to try. I've been preparing exactly what to say and it'd probably be a cool experience. (Assuming I'm still a law abiding citizen!) :lol:

As a black man in America, this just makes me go jYkYZSsp5HFU1.png

7 people like this

As a black man in America, this just makes me go jYkYZSsp5HFU1.png

Haha, true, although I'd still like to experience it (assuming everything goes well) :D

a.baa-Is-There-Any-Problem-Officer.jpg

3 people like this

I've never been arrested or had any problems with law enforcement.  I've been stopped a number of times driving, usually because I was speeding or technically breaking traffic laws but, I've never been issued a ticket which, is pretty amazing considering I'm 39 and have been driving my entire adult life.

As a teenager I was walking around on rural family property in the middle of the night when I encountered several police officers who were present for a matter unrelated to me.  I wasn't breaking any laws but, I did have a huge sixteen inch bowie knife strapped to my leg.  They decided to briefly question me to see if I knew anything about what was going on.  At first they didn't notice the knife.  When one officer finally did, a bystander said the officer's jaw dropped and his eyes bugged out before he quickly unsnapped the sheath and removed the knife.  After a bit of questioning, they returned my knife and left without incident.

Several years ago I was heading out on a cross country trip on a cold, moonless, Winter night with my cousin when his car broke down nearly forty miles away from where I lived --  which was also the nearest town.  I layered up a bunch of clothing and set out on foot for home, leaving him with the car.  I had some pretty wicked hardware with me in the car but, left it all with my cousin and shoved a .357 revolver and ammo into a fanny pack.

Less than two hours down the road a state trooper pulled up and asked if I wanted a ride into town.  I gratefully accepted.  Before he let me climb into his cage he asked if I had any weapons on me.  I informed him of the revolver in the fanny pack and he indicated that because of department policy I would have to let it ride up front with him.  I was clearly breaking state law by concealing a firearm on my person without a permit.  However, I wasn't about to go walking down a highway in the middle of nowhere in the black of night without something to take care of trouble if it found me and I casually stated as much to the officer.  He agreed that he wouldn't either and that was all that was said about the gun.  He returned the .357 to me when he dropped me off at my house.

I've heard lots of horror stories about police but, thankfully, in my personal experience, I've found most law enforcement to be pretty reasonable.  I'm sure that's due in no small part to a certain amount of luck and the attitude and mindset of people who populate the small towns and rural areas I've always lived in.  Something that also has a lot to do with it is my own attitude, my bearing, being polite and respectful and, being honest.

It is due also to exercising common sense and not behaving like an idiot.  That same night in my cousin's car I also had a 9mm Beretta and a big honking OA-93 AR15 handgun accompanied by a whole mess of  loaded 30 round magazines.  In contrast to the illegally concealed .357, if I had set out with the OA-93 dangling from my shoulder and a pouch full of magazines strapped to my hip, I would not have been breaking any laws because open carry of a handgun is legal where I live.  That setup however, would quite likely have illicited a far less friendly reaction from the officer.  I could have very possibly found myself looking down the barrel of his firearm as he ordered me to place my "weapon" on the ground and put my hands behind my head.

For reference, the video linked below depicts an OA-93:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvYMf7p92K4

2 people like this

Nope. Most I've had was being "questioned" by the policeman at our high school (yep, we had one on site) when a girl's phone went missing in gym. Basically, she got back to the changing room, couldn't find her phone and said someone must have taken it because it was definitely in her bag, so they pulled us all out one by one and asked us if we'd taken it, and had a quick look through our bags (although if I remember correctly, it was more just opening the bag and looking inside rather than looking through them). Anyway, as far as I know, it turned out she'd left it on the bus, even though she was sure she'd had it earlier.

Gosh, I was terrified of that police guy, even though he was actually nice. He asked about three questions, and I was like, "Did you take the phone?" "No, I didn't" oh no, did that sound guilty? What if it did? But it was over in less than a minute, and I'm pretty sure the gym teacher with him gave him a look to say, "Yeah, it's not going to be her."

xxx

2 people like this

No. But that's only because I haven't been caught yet.  ;)

lol i love that anime Future Diaries ^^ so trippy!!!

2 people like this

Some policeman asked me once, where is your Identity Card (we call it NIC). I asked something like 'Seriously? Should I bring it here and there?' ironically, meaning that our country isn't a great place for illegal immigrants, and it had a record of sending immigrants outside due to war, and he said something like he would have slapped me but I ignored, I mean, who cares.....