Neothinker

I am a Non-Virgin trying this out and hoping for a better relationship

14 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I stumbled on this site for people that wait to have sex and wanted to join it because the statistics and my own life experience seem to show that rushing into sex leads to bad results in relationships.

I naively always go into relationships with a girl expecting it to last a long time until the girl initiates sex and I am down to try it with her. Soon after problems begin to form and one of us ends the relationship because it wasn't built on a strong foundation.

I am not a religious zealot. However I was baptized last month and now when I talk to girls I find myself more reserved on rushing into sex. I'm not completely sold on waiting until marriage to have sex since marriage has such big risks these days for men and birth control is a thing (marriage to me doesn't equal sex, but equals kids), but I am sold on taking my time with everything including things like the first kiss or touch of intimacy. In all my future relationships with women I want to make it clear that I don't want to rush into sex because it definitely harms the relationship.

Am I an oddity or am I welcome?

8 people like this

Hello everybody,

I stumbled on this site for people that wait to have sex and wanted to join it because the statistics and my own life experience seem to show that rushing into sex leads to bad results in relationships.

I naively always go into relationships with a girl expecting it to last a long time until the girl initiates sex and I am down to try it with her. Soon after problems begin to form and one of us ends the relationship because it wasn't built on a strong foundation.

I am not a religious zealot. However I was baptized last month and now when I talk to girls I find myself more reserved on rushing into sex. I'm not completely sold on waiting until marriage to have sex since marriage has such big risks these days for men and birth control is a thing (marriage to me doesn't equal sex, but equals kids), but I am sold on taking my time with everything including things like the first kiss or touch of intimacy. In all my future relationships with women I want to make it clear that I don't want to rush into sex because it definitely harms the relationship.

Am I an oddity or am I welcome?

You are not odd at all.  Of course you are welcome!  I hope you find some sanctuary here with those who know what you know.  Be sure to join the public chat every once in a while...

3 people like this

You are absolutely welcome! There are people of all different backgrounds here.  :)

2 people like this

You are both an oddity AND welcome. It takes serious guts to start waiting, at any point in your life. So power to you!

There are more and more... ahem... "experienced"... individuals deciding to wait and coming to this forum. And I think it's really important for people to know that who they are NOW, not who they were - what they believe NOW, not what they believed - is what's really important. We're all growing, and you, my friend, seem to be growing in a wonderful and wise way.

6 people like this

Welcome to you!

I'm certain that this community will demonstrate just how wonderful oddities can be. :)

Of course you are welcome. I'm glad we'll have a fresh perspective on this site and I hope you soon feel at home here. Let me know if you need anything :)

1 person likes this

Welcome between us and feel free be to be yourself and express your mind !!  ;)

1 person likes this

It's not easy to wait, but there are a multitude of benefits to waiting whether virgin or not!  Waiting as virgins is a popular notion.  Waiting as non-virgins is not, so expect a challenge and resistance!  But it is still a wise decision and you are not alone.

2 people like this

Of course you are welcome! Come join the site and our discussions! We won't bite. Much.

Welcome and congrats on waiting for the right relationship this time. Hope you enjoy being on the site! :)