Queen

Would you?

6 posts in this topic

Would ever date someone who was mentally challenged? 

Someone who needed constant tutoring in school and sounded different when they talked, but otherwise was a very nice and friendly person. Was able to learn almost anything (even finish college), just at a slower pace.  And if everyone else knew they were mentally challenged.

1 person likes this

That is a good forum topic. Thanks for bringing it up.

Everyone has unique characteristics that make them who they are, both physically and psychologically. My concern would be only centered around the question: Can we communicate with each other freely? You see, for me (this may be different for most of you), I have a tremendous need to be able to tell my future wife that I love her in many different ways, and I have a similar desire for her to be able to tell me the same. I don't necessarily mean just being able to say "I love you" and mean it. But I'm talking about a deeper level of understanding. If she and I are able to connect on an emotional level, falling in love with her would be no different for me than falling in love with any other woman.

That said, I may be inclined to be attracted more strongly to someone who is more witty or knowledgeable. This is NOT because I have anything against people with any kind of handicap, I don't. It is simply because I might find the witty type of woman more engaging and the prospects of that relationship might excite me more (hypothetically speaking, please understand).

However, when I find my future wife, I will without a doubt love and cherish every part of her.

5 people like this

Zeke said exactly how I feel about this topic. The issue would be whether or not we could understand our feelings for each other. I want to be able to communicate that I love her and vice versa. Without that, it's simply not going to work.

5 people like this

I feel similar to Zeke (great response by the way!).  I think I would be open to considering a wonderful person (even with mental challenges).  But then I look at my facebook wall, and I see that it is FILLED to the brim full of abstract concepts.  This is who I am and I would need someone who can understand me on a deeper level.  But love is powerful, so I never say 'no'.  But its a 'probably not'.

2 people like this

How could any of the ladies say no to Forrest Gump? I don't think I'd be able to say no to a female Forrest...

4 people like this