josh88

what are your favourite Christian preachers?

19 posts in this topic

hello everyone :)

i thought it would be interesting to hear which preachers you guys like to listen to; i know it would be a wide variety as we all believe in different doctrine, and the preachers you listen to would portray that belief, but regardless, i'm curious to see. you can use anyone, TV preachers, and even small Youtube ministries, i myself listen to a lot of "preachers" on Youtube, so go ahead and post the channel, id love to check them out as well.

ill start; one of my favorites is Paul Washer

2 people like this

Jentezen Franklin, John Hagee, Doug batchelor, my Parents

1 person likes this

Yay!! This is a good post :D

I would defiantly agree with GodsPhysicist that Jesus is the best and not forget to read what He has already told and is teaching us in His word :D

There are some people I really enjoy and find encouraging ^_^

Charles Price: He has a wonderful gift of describing in a way we(hahaha, or maybe that I ;) ) can understand and visualize. :lol:

A youtube guy called Jefferson Bethke: He talks about all kinds of issues and teachings, but in a neat rap like way :D Very creative! 

C.S. Lewis! Yes, he is an author from the early 1900's with a way with words :D He also was an atheist turn born-again christian man, so his perspective is truly amazing and insightful :D

3 people like this

I second C.S. Lewis and Ravi Zacharias!

I really like Fr Robert Barron and the Word on Fire videos. Some of them are really cool.

Fr Mike Schmitz also has some good videos and talks.

Dr Peter Kreeft

Jason & Crystalina Evert (mostly chastity talks)

Scott Hahn

Steve Ray

Jimmy Akin and Tim Staples are also great apologists, but they don't have so many videos on YouTube. Mostly, you just find them talking on Catholic Answers radio.

xxx

3 people like this

I just discovered Doug Batchelor and really love the simple clarity he brings to light. I used to listen to Paul Washer before I considered myself a Christian ( not only a listener but a walker of the faith)and I still enjoy him, but I appreciate more a pastor who manages to uplift my spirit when I need that outside help and keep me going forth, wereas listening to Paul made me feel a little defeated inside. But this is just my personal reaction and need right now. I really appreciate both of their contributions.

I also enjoy C.S.Lewis as a christian writter. :)

2 people like this

Jefferson Bethke

Joyce Meyer

Shelley Luben

I appreciate preachers who have BEEN some place in their life journey and come back to share their wisdom. Not just someone who reads the bible and condemns people but have NO life experience to develop their compassion for others.

A person who God saved from themselves always has an interesting and unique story to tell.  Now THAT'S a story of redemption.

1 person likes this

Yay!! This is a good post :D

I would defiantly agree with GodsPhysicist that Jesus is the best and not forget to read what He has already told and is teaching us in His word :D

There are some people I really enjoy and find encouraging ^_^

Charles Price: He has a wonderful gift of describing in a way we(hahaha, or maybe that I ;) ) can understand and visualize. :lol:

A youtube guy called Jefferson Bethke: He talks about all kinds of issues and teachings, but in a neat rap like way :D Very creative! 

C.S. Lewis! Yes, he is an author from the early 1900's with a way with words :D He also was an atheist turn born-again christian man, so his perspective is truly amazing and insightful :D

yupp, i know Jefferson Bethke, i liked his video on Jesus is greater than religion, hes surprisingly popular for a christian youtuber, haha

OH OH OH! I FORGOT CLAYTON JENNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

When I was a Christian I liked Paul Washer. Heck even now as an Atheist I'll watch a sermon and I also like Steven Furtick who runs the church I used to go to called Elevation Church I'll also watch a sermon of his. They're great speakers.

When I was a Christian I liked Paul Washer. Heck even now as an Atheist I'll watch a sermon and I also like Steven Furtick who runs the church I used to go to called Elevation Church I'll also watch a sermon of his. They're great speakers.

You've returned to the Dark Side?

2 people like this

You've returned to the Dark Side?

Not sure which side you're implying is the dark side. I'm an Atheist with a very open mind. Sometimes confused but generally I don't believe something I can't back with proof.

2 people like this

Not sure which side you're implying is the dark side. I'm an Atheist with a very open mind. Sometimes confused but generally I don't believe something I can't back with proof.

I just remember you saying in past posts that you were a Christian and former atheist, and that recently you mentioned not really being sure what you believe. And here you identified as an atheist, so I was just jokingly referring to your "return" to atheism. Apologies if I've misunderstood or if making light of your journey causes offense.

1 person likes this

I just remember you saying in past posts that you were a Christian and former atheist, and that recently you mentioned not really being sure what you believe. And here you identified as an atheist, so I was just jokingly referring to your "return" to atheism. Apologies if I've misunderstood or if making light of your journey causes offense.

No I just have an open mind to things I guess. Not really atheist to Christian back to atheist. More like born agnostic turned atheist converted to Christian then went back to atheist. Maybe next week I'll be Muslim or Jewish!

Judah Smith

Matt Chandler

Bill Johnson

Francis Chan

I actually go to chandler's church in Dallas but usually only see him on the screen he's projected in with lol. But these are some of the best communicators of our generation

1 person likes this

JC...Jesus Christ

and JM...Joyce Meyer

ALSO, speakers such as anointedfire and iambecuzofu...these women of God have been through IT, knows where its at and LOVE God's people.

Wonderful posts...this means, I SHALL be checking out these new preachers tonight lol...Just found a date night lol

1. The son of God!
  2. C.S. Lewis
  3. Frances Chan
  4. Beth Moore

This is Very good topic and idea! I love the writing of C.S. Lewis, they are open and so honest. While Frances Chan (Who is married to a awesome wife with 7 kids, and still chasing after God!)  has a driving/ burning passion for God. Beth Moore, coined for woman studies, is not scared to take it all to God.

2 people like this

1. The son of God!
  2. C.S. Lewis
  3. Frances Chan
  4. Beth Moore

This is Very good topic and idea! I love the writing of C.S. Lewis, they are open and so honest. While Frances Chan (Who is married to a awesome wife with 7 kids, and still chasing after God!)  has a driving/ burning passion for God. Beth Moore, coined for woman studies, is not scared to take it all to God.

Francis Chan is definitely a good one. I highly recommend his book, "Crazy Love." It's really eye-opening and points out a lot of things we get often get wrong about our relationship with Christ that many people don't really think about.

1 person likes this