Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sophie

How old were you when you started dating?

23 posts in this topic

I am 18 right now and I am waiting to start dating when I am 20. This is because I was raised in an upper-middle-class household. My mom hates cooking, so she took me to fancy restaurants for lunch and/or dinner at least three times a week. My dad is too lazy to cook so he also took me to nice restaurants when I saw him on the weekend. What I'm trying to say is that I need to date a guy who has a good amount of money and can afford nice restaurants (I, of course, am willing to pay for my own food.) If I start dating when I am 20, then I can date guys in their twenties. But of course if I fall for a guy who can only take me out to Subway or MacDonalds, then I'll still like him. So no dating for me until age 20! Unless I happen to meet a guy when I am 19, which is unlikely.

Sophie, i was raised in an upoer middle class area too, and i started dating when i was 17. It was senior year of high school and he was my first date, first boyfriend, first kiss. He worked every summer in high school and had money to oay for dinner. Sometimes we just got steak n shake or something, which isnt expensive. Or we'd get ice cream after a youth group thing. Again, not expensive. He was a guy who believed in always paying for his gf, ehich was nice, exceot when it came to his own birthday. I took him out to eat and wanted to pay, and he did not like that. I had to forcefully be like its YOUR birthday, i WANT to treat you, so please let me! Lol!!!

I started dating when I was 17. I got asked out everyday by different guys from the quarterback to the nerd lol. In hs they called me the heartbreaker because I didn't date until I met this one guy who was most persistent and he was a troubled kid but really sweet to me and so I felt sorry for him and wanted to fix him and the peer pressure. lol When we started dating everyone was like-you're with him???! it was like good girl with bad guy lol It was really sweet because his family said "if you can get him to go to Church that will be something because no one ever has." I never asked him to change or anything but he stopped drinking and partying and started going to Church and accepted Christ and all that lol. He was my first bf and kiss and such. Well anyways, I told him I was only gonna date him till he graduated which was in about 2 and a half months and I did so I broke if off. I didn't date agains till I was 20 because I was enjoying being single. Personally, for me as I've matured in life and know what I want, material things do not compare to the character and quality of a man so with that being said I am highly selective. I've been asked out by really rich men,doctors, accountants, etc some even wanted to marry but I'm very picky lol I really don't care what fancy things they can get me cus I can get myself those things too.

I haven't started yet.

I wasn't allowed to date in high school so maybe that helps my case lol

Define "dating." Like, considering a member of the opposite sex your girlfriend/boyfriend?

That would be 4th grade for me, I guess. One gf in 4th grade, 0 in 5th, 1 in 6th, 0 in 7th, 1 in 8th, 0 in 9th, 0 in 10th, FIVE in 11th. Really hit my stride Junior year. :lol:

Since then I've pretty consistently had a girlfriend with the exception of an age 21-22 hiatus on dating. Then lots more dating and girlfriends during ages 23-25. And then came the period I call "The Fall." Not like the season. Like "fall down."

Since The Fall of Mike I've had a few flings, but no major relationships in the last 3.5 years. I don't plan on seriously dating again for probably another year or more.

I didn't start dating until after college & that was only because my friends & family literally started to freak-out about it. So, I went out with a guy to please them. I wasn't really interested. I'm a nerd & much happier with a book. He was nice & a gentleman. By then, I had a job & my own, so we went dutch on the bill. I think that the best way to get the sort of guy you want is to be the sort of woman that he wants. Most successful guys that I know want a successful woman so that they can be confident in the fact that she's not looking for a paycheck or a free meal. So, I advise my friends to make a list of what they are looking for in a man & to become the things on that list. If you want a successful guy become successful. You want a guy that can cook, learn how to cook, etc. People tend to meet people with similar interests because they frequent similar places. Sophie I don't know where you're at logistically, but I knew guys in high school that had money from their own computer programs. I'm talking about guys with stock options in the millions before they hit 18. So, maybe it's time to look at the local geeks. I was in computer club in high school, so I know what I'm talking about :)

I had no reason to date or get in a relationship until high school was at least over and done with. I can't date somebody unless I feel like it has the potential to result in marriage... and I was pretty sure in high school that I still didn't know what I wanted that to look like, so I was an avoider. :lol: And while I think most of us are probably in a similar kind of mindset, most of my friends... well, actually, maybe all of my friends did not look at dating the same way.

With that said, I did end up going on dates starting at 16, but I wouldn't go beyond "Sure, you seem nice, I'll go on a first date with you so we can get to know each other better... but not a second, because I'm not interested in pursuing relationships yet." I didn't get into a relationship until I was twenty.

I mean I had a "girlfriend" haha if you wanna call it that I think in 6th grade? I remember we rode the same bus and stuff...haha oh goodness to be 12 again.

But really I don't think I went on my first "real" date til I was 19. I was in college. I really had no interest in dating in high school for some reason so I never did. I've picked up the pace since then tho :lol:

1 person likes this

I've been asked out by really rich men,doctors, accountants, etc some even wanted to marry but I'm very picky lol I really don't care what fancy things they can get me cus I can get myself those things too.

JEALOUS. lol. Well I'm still a teenager so I'd be creeped out if any rich men, doctors, accountants, etc asked me out.

JEALOUS. lol. Well I'm still a teenager so I'd be creeped out if any rich men, doctors, accountants, etc asked me out.

hahaha yeah totally understand what you mean! but I think it's more likely to occur after you get out of hs atleast that's how it's been for me so it's possible that's when it may happen for you too!

I always had a self-esteem issue...I felt like I was unattractive and so I never really dated at all until I was 18. Its kind of hard going through school and feeling as though you dont want to ask someone out because they really wont want to go out with you. I worked up the courage to talk to girls but I NEVER asked a girl out until I was in college and alot more confident

My parents never set an age for when I would be allowed to date but I didn't go on one until I was 22.

My parents wanted me to concentrate on my education so I never dated as I just didn't have time and did not find the one girl I want to spend my life with. I did have girlfriends in high school but they don't count

I never dated in grade school. I started dating around eighteen years old. I learned a lesson from that and decided to quit dating. I am only open to courtships. 

Good choice , as I get older I am kind of the same as I am looking for my compatibly match

My parents never set an age for when I would be allowed to date but I didn't go on one until I was 22.

How old are you?

I started quite late. No one was interested then, I don't know. Probably i looked like a boy then. haha. So I started dating when i was 30 because that was the time when somebody actually tried to ask me out and then continued doing so for almost a year. I will always remember him i think. 

1 person likes this

How old are you?

I am 24. 25 in November. You probably thought I was younger than that, didn't you? Lol

May I wish a happy birthday for November good luck in the search for the special one

I am 24. 25 in November. You probably thought I was younger than that, didn't you? Lol

1 person likes this

I went on my first date a week prior to my 21st birthday so technically I was 20 when I had my first date. But since the next date was on my 21st birthday I was pretty much 21 when I started dating. When I first started it seemed as though I had finally gotten to it and I felt embarrassed a bit by how old I was (my inexperience and how the whole thing was new to me) and it seemed I had finally grown up (mind you this date was set up thru a mutual girlfriend of mine...couldn't even find her myself :P). Looking back on the few girls I dated I regret only what I impatiently gave to them just for the sake of having the experience or just to satisfy my curiosity. But thank I God that He finally got me to surrender my love life to Him "His will be done" and He provided the right love for me and exactly what I needed. None of that 'experience' mattered in fact I wish I could take it back...but I'm glad it led me to this. :)

1 person likes this

The short answer to my previous post. Never started dating and just want to find the one girl who wan the rest of my life with. I don't go to bars, clubs but I am sure she is out there. 

Not sure if you would consider it dating but I would say 17. I wasn't suppose to though but what can I say...... I'm a rebel B)  lol. Anyways, probably won't be dating for a while because I feel like I'm not ready.

1 person likes this