Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GodsPhysicist

Work-in-progress, or Ready-to-go?

10 posts in this topic

I have a neat question for you fine ladies.

Would you prefer a man that always is improving but never finished?  Or, would you want a man that, by the time you meet him, has finished a bunch of life goals?

What I mean is: the work-in-progress man will always move onto the next goal in life after the one he just conquered and always become greater than he was a couple of years ago.  The other side here is a man that has everything he wanted to do before he met you "checked off the list."

Which end of the spectrum do you like more, ladies?  I find myself rather curious all the sudden...

To me,a man who has everything he has ever wanted to do done is a man ready to meet his maker. I think everyone has improvements or goals they want to achieve because we are always growing. It's a part of life. So I guess that means I want a man who is still growing. :D

I'd say a work in process. I think we are always learning about ourselves, and if that means he feels the need to switch gears in life once in a while, I'm good with that. I'll be as supportive as I possibly can...and to be honest, I'm prett good at that. As long as he is happy, and giving whatever he's doing his all...I'm happy.

3 people like this

I think work-in-progress is better than ready-to-go as long as this person is able to adapt to changes in his life.

Waou!!! Very interesting question. I am coming to a point where I am not even sure of what I want, everything becomes confuse as the days go by.

But let me try to answer. Actually, I would rather meet a guy that has already achieve his goal, but I think that will not be decisive in my choice because I have been with a guy in the past and he had not achieved a single thing. Ok,I have to admit we were still students at the beginning but afterards he remained trying to achieve some goals but in vain. We remained together during 7 years. I guess I have been traumatized!So you understand now why I prefer meet someone far in life!

PS: By the way, I would like to know your answer for this same question.

Anyone who has no life goals left must be a seriously boring person.

This might be just because I'm someone who has been in a steady relationship from a young age, but I also really have enjoyed seeing my parter start from being a dependent teenager to a college grad who is prepping to go on to grad school. I think being able to build one life together, rather than try to merge our pre-existing "complete" lives, is going to help make our marriage stronger.

2 people like this

For me it's important for someone to know who they are and be settled into that. I don't think relationships work well if either person isn't sure of who they really are as an individual first. So in that sense I want someone who has a good grasp on their own personality, beliefs, ect.

Other than that it's nice to have someone who still has a lot to explore in life, we can do it together. If they're done all their exploring and learning then we'd probably end up being quite a mismatch.

And I think having similar life goals and focus points is important. For example me meting a guy today whose next goal is children wouldn't work, one whose next goal is starting a career might however.

I think it's more about where you both are in life as opposed to just the guy. That's kind of what relationships are about so it definitely depends on where I am in my life too.

2 people like this

I don't really care much either way. But I'd probably chose someone who's a work in progress just like me, cause to me it seems like someone who is ready to go might be too old for me.

This is an interesting question.  I think there are certain things a man absolutely needs to figure out before he gets married.  Basics: like salvation, and having the ability to provide for a wife and family.  Work ethic is a big deal.  He needs to be confident in who he is as a man (which people erroneously relate to sexual prowess).  From what I've observed in my dad raising my younger brothers (who are both waiting for marriage), boys/young men gain confidence from being able to accomplish stuff, to complete tasks and projects successfully, especially those involving physical labor.

However, I think a man can have these things in place, and still be a man on the move, always growing and learning. I don't think it's a bad thing, just a difference in temperament and personality.  From my perspective, life would probably be an adventure with a guy who's like that. 

2 people like this