Heather

Ladies, What is the oldest and youngest you would date?

81 posts in this topic

Thanks for that insight, Belle Femme, and it's interesting that you mentioned about intentionally shortening the age range to get closer to a desired range, because I was wondering about that possibility recently already. I get it if a woman who's 25 or under isn't interested in someone well into his 30s, but the ones who have been the most puzzling to me have been the ones who are 26-29. I'm like, 'I'm already too old for a 29-year-old, really??' Hopefully, though, those ranges have some flexibility like you said.

What if there is no baggage (e.g. no kids, no ex-wife, no deep wounds from past relationships, etc)? I get it if people have a problem with someone older due physical attraction issues. That's just going to happen, but I don't understand rules some people set based on certain possibilities, which may not even be true. I'm 35 myself and don't have any baggage to my knowledge.

On top of that, I've always looked young for my age. Most people, even young people sometimes, tend to think I'm 7-10 years younger than I am. I was even talking to a girl the other week who asked me if I was still in school. (She was recently out of high school herself).

One of the problems I'm encountering with online dating is rigid rules people set for age. In in-person settings, most people would have no idea how old I am, but online, they do, because I'm not a liar, and I put my real age.

Im 27 and my range has been 27-33 and I've done a lot of online dating. I guess for me it's more of a mindset and a LOT of guys who are around my age are already balding Im just like whattttttttt. But in any case, the older guys sometimes just seem like old men it's like a lot of guys don't know what music I'm talking about, what movies, styles etc and I feel like I can't connect and it makes me feel like Im with my dad or something. I've only recently decided to go past 30 cuz the number freaks me out a little. But obviously I mean if someone's got it goin on age really is just a number, so at the max I could go 35. Hahaha

But in regards to the problem you're having assuming you don't find anyone soon as women get older they will change what they're looking for and be more loose on what they want when they start to realize they're being unrealistic.

But yeah I mean I've met people who act like they're 12 and 45 but also people who act older when they're way young so definitely age is a mindset not just a number.

the youngest would be 2years older than I am and the oldest would be 10years older. on a rare occasion I might even date as old as forty-five as long as he dont look forty-five and tired...hehe but then I would first have to move away from my family or they will never accept

Since I am 22, the current youngest I'd date is about 20, and the oldest is about 24 or 25. Though that might be pushing it a bit.

I'd like to be with someone close to my age so I'd say ± 2 years.

I wouldn't go lower than 2 years or higher than 5 years though.

I wouldn't date anyone younger than me - end of story. Next to them not being Christian or a virgin, it's the fastest way to turn me off from a person.

I'm the oldest out of 3 and my youngest brother is 19 (I'm 23 and my sister is 22) so that's another reason why it would be an issue for me since we are so close in age. 

The highest I would go is 3-4 years and no more than that.