Heather

Ladies, What is the oldest and youngest you would date?

81 posts in this topic

Men born anywhere between 1991 and 1979. I don't really do younger men...lol (but I guess I wouldn't mind if he was mature)

I'm just usually attracted to older men with father-like traits lol (I didn't have a father figure growing up so I definitely want a man who will protect me and nurture me) .

"Father-like", to me, means...someone who is manly, protective, has a strong sense of reponsibility, very patient, and warm-hearted  :wub: <3

So as long as he meets all of these criteria, I'm good lol no complaints lol

I think I would only go 2 years younger to 4 years older. I'm 22 currently.

I would date someone who was ten years older than me, although I would prefer someone who was closer to my age.   The youngest I would go would probably be 8 years younger.

My age limit right now is no teens, no one over thirty. That will change in time though as I get older obviously. 

1 person likes this

The oldest I'd go for would be a little over 20 years older and the youngest would be my age. I wouldn't go below my age.

1 person likes this

Oldest I would go would be about 32ish, so about 7years older than me.. But he would have to have a young, positive attitude and not be annoyed at my child side :P

Youngest I would go... Sorry but just my age only. I can't imagine being with anyone younger, I would consistently doubt whether he understood me and my point of view, based on his phase in life!

1 person likes this

For me the oldest I've been interested in was 14 years older than I putting  him in his early 40s at this point in my life I don't think I could go any older than that. I don't think I could date anyone younger than my youngest sister so no younger than 27.

Honestly, I'm   usually most interested in guys that are older than me, but as with everything else so much depends on the individual person.  If he was a match for me in every other way I wouldn't turn him down because he was 44 or 26.

Well, I'm 19 now so I wouldn't date anyone younger than me lol but I would date someone who is maybe 26..

Hmmmmm......let's see......I'm 43 sooooo, as young as 39 & as old as 45, possibly 46....What can I say!!!! I like younger men!!! Giggle!

I can't say with absolute certainty but there is definitely an ideal age.

Ideally I like guys to be 1 month-2 years older than me. I like a guy to be as close to my age as possible while not being younger (not that I absolutely won't date a younger guy). There's just something attractive about the guy being older (mainly so that I can call him oppa) but since he's close to my age we'll have more in common and he'll have a understanding of things since we grew up in the same era and such. 2 years older and same year are probably my favorite age differences.

Generally I don't think I can date a guy who is in his teens. So he has to be 20 or older. I mean, 18 is legal but its just something really creepy about the 1 being the first digit and then the teen *shudders*. Too old would be over 30. All of the guys over 30 that I've met have just been very mature and don't look that young either. but then again this guy is 33 and if he asked me to date I wouldf6d574e842691eeb73541f4680003e1b.jpg

As anything with the type of men I am generally attracted to,  I would make a special exception for a special person.  Generally I like to stay within a decade being that I prefer guys in the range of 5 years younger or older.  I was very fond of a man 11 years older than me recently though.  The gap meant nothing to me because we had so much fun talking.  However I have noticed in general the bigger the gap the more likely I have less in common with the person.  This isnt always the case though so I will almost always give a good man a fair shot and go on a date anyway if he asks me.  :)

At this point in my life, I think it really depends on the guy. I'll be 35 soon. Right off the bat, I would say no more than 5 or 6 years younger, or 10-12 years older. I'm not REALLY hung up on age, too much. However, there has been ONE time when I considered dating a guy who was in his early 20s, because he seemed so much more mature. I think he felt I was too old, though, because we barely talk... and that's ok. If I'm meant to marry, I'll meet whomever he is someday. :)  I do think that age differences matter more, or less, depending on how old we are. A 10, or 15, year OLDER difference might not seem like much when you're in your 30s or 40s, etc, but in your 20s, 35 might seem a bit old to you (or a bit young to the other person).

If he's hottt then I wouldn't care. Seriously speaking it really depends for me. I don't know what age of the man I I got fall in love with. I just hope it wouldn't be someone Hugh Hefner age. I like young guys they tend to see the world differently and are still growing and maturing. Older guys might already have their life sorted out, but I don't want him too old. I can't be 60 and he's close to 95. A 15-20year age difference doesn't sound so bad.

1 person likes this

I prefer to date younger guys. With the exception of my last relationship, the guys I have dated range between 23 and 27 (I am 30). I wouldn't be keen to date anyone more than 5 or so years older as I feel by then a lot of men in that demographic are divorced, have kids or are perpetual bachelors who flit from one short term relationship to another.

Since I'm currently almost 20, I wouldn't date any younger than 18, and most likely no older than 25 or 26.

My age limit right now is no teens, no one over thirty. That will change in time though as I get older obviously.

This has already changed. Its more like no one younger than 21 and no one older than 35 now.

Youngest must be 20 but the oldest would be 27,so that he would not be older then my older sisters. But for the right man I can make an exception. But I look like I'm 15 so i alway only have 14,15,16year olds try and ask me out.

I'm married, but I'll answer hypothetically.

I'm 27, for the record.

Youngest would be 25. Oldest would be 30. I understand that some people are okay with wide age gaps, but I'm creeped out by the guys who always want to date younger.

1 person likes this

I am 26, but I look about 21-22. I attract younger guys (18-23 Yrs old). The youngest I'll go is probably a mature 22. (Has his act together, I feel "safe" around him, I.e., not like a mother, he has the presence of someone closer to my age, and I do not feel that I am missing out by dating someone a few years younger than I am). I had a 22 y/o I was talking to over the summer who was as mature as a 25 y/o. I forgot his age half the time. Then, I had an immature 21 y/o. A mature 22 y/o, ideally, would be out of college and in the process of starting his career, because that way, we could plan our lives together cohesively. I am looking to buy a home and start a family in the near future, so no lower than 22 would make sense for me. Ummmm the oldest is probably 35, just because of all the baggage older men tend to carry, I wouldn't want to go any higher than 9yrs my senior.

2 people like this

I have a five year mark, five years older or five years younger. My parents are only a year apart and my sister and her husband are o ly about a month apart. So I'm use to the same age range, and I feel comfortable there.

2 people like this

For me, it's about finding that nice balance between maturity and innocence.
I've always liked the idea of being with an older man, for the sake of being able to hold the odd intelligent, thought-provoking conversation.
That said, I relish the idea of being with someone who is 'inexperienced', to put it bluntly.
At the ripe old age of 23, I realise that my own body clock is ticking...and ain't that a scary thought?  :o
...I guess I have a long list of 'high standards', or something...?  :P

2 people like this

Ummmm the oldest is probably 35, just because of all the baggage older men tend to carry, I wouldn't want to go any higher than 9yrs my senior.

What if there is no baggage (e.g. no kids, no ex-wife, no deep wounds from past relationships, etc)? I get it if people have a problem with someone older due physical attraction issues. That's just going to happen, but I don't understand rules some people set based on certain possibilities, which may not even be true. I'm 35 myself and don't have any baggage to my knowledge.

On top of that, I've always looked young for my age. Most people, even young people sometimes, tend to think I'm 7-10 years younger than I am. I was even talking to a girl the other week who asked me if I was still in school. (She was recently out of high school herself).

One of the problems I'm encountering with online dating is rigid rules people set for age. In in-person settings, most people would have no idea how old I am, but online, they do, because I'm not a liar, and I put my real age. 

1 person likes this

What if there is no baggage (e.g. no kids, no ex-wife, no deep wounds from past relationships, etc)? I get it if people have a problem with someone older due physical attraction issues. That's just going to happen, but I don't understand rules some people set based on certain possibilities, which may not even be true. I'm 35 myself and don't have any baggage to my knowledge.

A 35-year-old man looking to date a woman in her mid-to-late 20s doesn't necessarily have any baggage, which is probably why waitingforcats said she'd date 9 years older, or 35.

A 40-year-old man looking to date a woman in her mid-to-late 20s probably DOES have emotional baggage. Either he is single after having had some serious relationship, marriage or otherwise, or he is single because his values/goals as a younger man didn't include marriage, or he is single because of some personal problem that has prevented him from being in a relationship. While not all people would qualify those three potential reasons for singledom as "baggage," I certainly do.

In regards to the age thing with online dating, I know both men and women (myself included) who have admitted to putting a smaller age range than their actual preferred one. I was on OKCupid when I was 23-24. At the time, my actual range for dating was 20-29. After tons of men in their 30s AND 40s contacted me, I edited my range to 20-27. I still received messages from men aged 28-32, but I was no longer getting contacted by guys 15+ years older than I was.

Which is a long way of saying that if you see a woman's profile who puts 32 as her highest age, but you think you two have a lot in common, send her a message anyway. She might be willing to budge on a few years if she's interested.

2 people like this