Heather

Ladies, What is the oldest and youngest you would date?

81 posts in this topic

Personally I've always liked older guys, but I've been starting to like guys closer to my age. The oldest I would date is 3 years and the youngest I would date is 1 year. So I'm curious, does it matter to you girls whether your man is older or younger?

Yes, it does. At this point in my life, guys are still more immature. Ive read girls are done maturing around 22/23 and guys 25/26. So, if any younger, only a year and older is fine, but only like a couple years older, otherwise it seems "far" i guess.

Yes, it does. At this point in my life, guys are still more immature. Ive read girls are done maturing around 22/23 and guys 25/26. So, if any younger, only a year and older is fine, but only like a couple years older, otherwise it seems "far" i guess.

Seriously! lol I've never really been attracted to guys my own age because the majority of them were immature jerks. I guess it depends on the guy though. I really want my husband to be older, but not to where it becomes like a daughter/father relationship. that's just wrong. We have to be at the same maturity level.

2 people like this

I've been open to younger & older guys. I've been advised to marry a younger guy by most of the older people I know (male & female), & they've given some pretty valid reasons. So, my bracket is between ten years older (40) & ten years younger (20). I know guys that are mature in that age range, so that's my range.

1 person likes this

I am 18 so no way would I date a guy my own age. 18-year-old guys aren't much more mature, wise, and intelligent than 15-year-old boys. Seriously. At the moment, I would much rather pursue older men. This means guys in their twenties. My dad and his girlfriend are 12 years apart, so...I guess 10 years is my limit, and when I turn 20, my limit will be 12 years. I am very mature and wise for a girl my age: I love Shakespeare, talking about Shakespeare, I love opera, I love literature, I hate clubs and drinking...I just wouldn't be able to handle a guy my age right now. I would NOT date a younger guy until I am in my late twenties, and he can't be younger than 24.

1 person likes this

I'm (almost) 18 at the moment, so I'd say, no younger that 16, no older than 23-24 or so. At the moment. I think I'd prefer my husband to be 1-5 years older than me, but...if I found the right guy, I wouldn't care how old he was. I think it'd depend more on how mature they were.

xxx

1 person likes this

maybe 1 or 2 years younger maybe I'm not really into younger guys but I sure do have a thing for older men oh my :P haha I personally prefer men between the ages of 25-33 older men are just so handsome! ha

maybe 1 or 2 years younger maybe I'm not really into younger guys but I sure do have a thing for older men oh my :P haha I personally prefer men between the ages of 25-33 older men are just so handsome! ha

Yeah my interests have always been insanely older considering that I just turned 18. lol The guy I like at the moment is only 1 year older, but the last guy I liked was 4 years older and the guy before that was 8 years older.

I'm (almost) 18 at the moment, so I'd say, no younger that 16, no older than 23-24 or so. At the moment. I think I'd prefer my husband to be 1-5 years older than me, but...if I found the right guy, I wouldn't care how old he was. I think it'd depend more on how mature they were.

xxx

I just turned 18 a few months ago, so my range is finally unlimited. lol It really does depend on maturity.

1 person likes this

Hmm... I'd like a guy around my age because I'd be able to relate to him better, since we're in the same stage of life. Maybe a couple of years older or younger wouldn't bother me, but starting from a 5-year discrepancy... er, not so sure.

Well when I'm 18 or above my rage would probley be no more than 12 years older and no more than a year younger. Just for me pesonal bur I know couples were th husband is close to 20 years older that are still super good togeth so I wouldnt judge inless its like hugh hefner creepy

The youngest I would date is 2 years younger than me.

The oldest I would date is like 33.

But I prefer to date a guy that's realllllly close to my age. Like same age or 1 year older.

1 person likes this

Reading the answers makes me a bit depressed mainly cuz I personally am attracted more to and want to marry older girls.

1 person likes this

Sorry mark, but it's usually a maturity thing. At least for awhile...maybe you're an exception and you're more mature than most guys youre age :D (which it sounds like you are)

1 person likes this

Sorry mark, but it's usually a maturity thing. At least for awhile...maybe you're an exception and you're more mature than most guys youre age :D (which it sounds like you are)

lol, thanks ;) !

1 person likes this

I tend to be attracted to older men.

I used to be open to dating men much older (more than 10 years my senior), but found that the big gap decreased the compatibility. Now, at age 32, I am open to dating men in their late 30s, up to 40. I have found that men my age...even in early 30s, still have some growing up to do.

This has been my experience. If I meet a mature man closer to my age, I am certainly open to the possibilities. In other words, I would not dismiss a man close to my age without giving it a chance.

Mali

I think would date someone my age to about 8 years older, give or take a year or two. Older than that I think is a bit disturbing. But that's just me ^_^

What markb4 said. I'm a bit depressed at the answers here because I'm into older women :(

(although that, like Sally said, might have to do with the fact that at this point, women my age aren't mature enough, so I prefer women my age or older.)

1 person likes this

guys mature so much later than us, and i want to marry a man not raise one on the other hand I want to grow old with someone not watch them grow old. im 26 and would date 5 years older than me and two years younger than me :D

I think as time has gone on I kinda have reconsidered my age bracket only because I'm learning that usually when guys are younger they have less baggage so if I met a guy who was solid and a mature young gentlemen I"d def. give him a chance because I want a man of character regardless of age, status, ethnicity, etc.

1 person likes this

I don't know if I would date younger right now, mostly becuase it is a challenge to find somebody with the same level of maturity at my own age. I think as you get older though, age becomes less of a factor. One of my brothers is 8 years older than me and it honestly doesn't feel like that big of a difference, and my parents are 10 years apart which also doesn't seem to have that big of an impact. So I guess 8-10 years older would still be acceptable to me. My other brothers are 11 and 13 years older than me, so I guess I feel that way because I spent so much of my time around their friends, and now I just feel comfortable around people that are older than me in general. Maybe when I'm 28 dating a younger guy wouldn't sound like such a bad idea anymore, who knows :)

I have an 18-year-old friend who is currently dating a 38-year-old man. They have only kissed, and haven't done anything else (she's still a virgin,) but the thought of that 20 year age difference makes me feel nauseous. SO 20 YEARS IS WAY TOO MUCH!!! Like I said previously, a 10 year age difference is currently my limit, but I may raise that to 12 years when I turn 20. Maybe. I just know a teenage guy would have to be VERY mature in order for me to date him. But I decided many years ago not to start dating until I am 20, so...no teenage boys for me! lol.

1 person likes this

I have an 18-year-old friend who is currently dating a 38-year-old man. They have only kissed, and haven't done anything else (she's still a virgin,) but the thought of that 20 year age difference makes me feel nauseous. SO 20 YEARS IS WAY TOO MUCH!!! Like I said previously, a 10 year age difference is currently my limit, but I may raise that to 12 years when I turn 20. Maybe. I just know a teenage guy would have to be VERY mature in order for me to date him. But I decided many years ago not to start dating until I am 20, so...no teenage boys for me! lol.

Yeah that's a little much. My mom's parents are 14 years apart and even that seems like a little much. I don't remember exactly when they met but I wanna say he was maybe 35 and she was 21 or something like that....they've been married twice and are now divorced for the second time....

Like I said before, plus or minus 5 years is probably. While you're younger, guys probably prefer the girls be the minus five, and girls probably prefer the guy be plus 5. I think when you hit 30 it's pretty fair either way.

Anyone hear of a sort of Rule of 7? Divide your age in 2, add 7, and that is the youngest you should date. As you get older your age range increases. But yes, 20 year difference, especially at that young of an age, absolutely outrageous.

1 person likes this