5 posts in this topic

How i it usually when you date another person who's waiting until marriage?

I recently started dating this guy from online who's also waiting until marriage. This is my first time dating a guy who's waiting until marriage too. He's also a virgin and we never talked about past relationships, so I'm not even sure if he had his first kiss.I'm a virgin waiter too, but I dated a lot of guys before. I'm not sure if he's just different or if he's not interested. We went on three dates so far. He smiles at me a lot, always pays, and is extra nice. However, he never compliments, flirts, or touches me.He accidentally touched my hand when we were walking, but that was it. I don't understand why he wouldn't even show that he's interested when we're together, but continues to ask me on dates. It's so confusing. Is the experience usually different when two waiters date?

4 people like this

Since you said he never talks about past relationships or may not have had his first kiss, it is likely that he's inexperienced and just doesn't know what to do. But it also sounds like he just wants to take things slow. That's how I prefer to do things at least for the first few dates as well.

In our culture, guys are expected to "make a move" physically even if it's just a quick kiss goodnight or hold the girls hand. But I personally think those things should be reserved for at least when two people are in a committed relationship. I take those things seriously and this guy you're seeing is probably thinking the same thing. I was told on several occasions that because of this, that I would need to really reassure a girl I'm dating that I am attracted to her otherwise she will think I'm not interested. Maybe this guy should have done the same. In fact, I just ask him about why he doesn't do those things just so you guys can be on the same page. 

6 people like this

Dating a waiter is different than dating a non waiter for many reasons. I really think you have his attention because you went to a few dates so far. You should keep in mind that he could be shy and may need encouragement from you since he knows you are a virgin waiter. Finally, he may not want you to be offended if he compliments or flirts with you IF he is a non virgin waiter.

If he is smiling, continuing communication and still taking you out on dates, then he is interested. Complements, flirting and touch are not things that everyone is comfortable with on a immediate basis. If you like him, give him time. My boyfriend and I didn't hug until we had been dating for four months, and we didn't start flirting and complementing each other tilll later when we had developed an emotional attachment. Things are different for everyone.

It may be difficult, but it does tend to ease things up a bit, once comfort/physical boundries are discussed on a basic level.

6 people like this

If you like him, give him time.

I wholeheartedly agree. I also think this thought process should continue throughout the relationship.

1 person likes this