PG1

Proposals

9 posts in this topic

Just a simple question, really. Do you think about how you will propose, if you ever fall for someone? Or, do you plan on waiting to see what they are like and tailoring it to her/him?

You don't have to give details, unless you really want to. :) I'm really just looking for whether you think about it, or not, as a man.

1 person likes this

I think about it all the time. Just as many girls dream about the perfect wedding, a lot of guys think of the perfect way to propose. I do know that I want it caught on camera so we can view it later for memories sake. I also like the idea of proposing in front of close friends or family so they can share the moment too and maybe even get some of them in on the planning too. But only after we have mutually agreed to get married.

6 people like this

Yes, my dream would be more appropriate for a novel rather than real life, haha. Because, when it comes to writings, it is easy to picture them. I would love to have a lot of nature around, flowers, green grass, sunset with slightly cloudy sky or when it rained recently, when cold breeze caresses and embraces with love.

Maybe I love rains because I grew up in a place too hot for me. I have never seen snow IRL. Yes, I do dream about proposals.

2 people like this

As she gonna be my queen for sure she needs a castle and i know exactly where is the right spot !! :)

3 people like this

Just a simple question, really. Do you think about how you will propose, if you ever fall for someone? Or, do you plan on waiting to see what they are like and tailoring it to her/him?

You don't have to give details, unless you really want to. :) I'm really just looking for whether you think about it, or not, as a man.

TBH, I have thought about it.  As a matter of fact, I already have plans.  I know exactly how its going to turn out too.  Everything goes according to plan, right?

Nope.

These things are fantasy.  Reality is so much stranger and so much more EXCITING!  Plans always change in a relationship, and I hope that I find someone worth modifying my plans for someday.  I think the key is, that the key itself doesn't fit perfectly into the lock.  You find someone worth adjusting to.  It's a little mischievious, isn't it?  It's almost like breaking and entering.  That's reality.  It always surprises us, and gives us a lot more to think about.  Fantasy gives us our ideals, and our ideals change when reality teaches us otherwise.  We find someone truly worth it, I think, when we cannot tell ideal from real.  However, that takes a lot of work from both parties.  I pray that everyone on the site can not only experience sexual relationship fantasy, but sexual relationship reality as well.  Count me in too!

Since reality is so much better than my preconceived notions of the world, I am inspired enough to put my priorities in order.  I must acquire an awesome lady with which to propose first!  I will work on MEETING ladies before I work on PROPOSING to one.

4 people like this

Since reality is so much better than my preconceived notions of the world, I am inspired enough to put my priorities in order.  I must acquire an awesome lady with which to propose first!  I will work on MEETING ladies before I work on PROPOSING to one.

i0jXXVn.png

I feel like planning a proposal at this point is jumping the gun quite a bit. Every woman is different, and what works for one may not work for another. One may want a more public proposal, another might want something a bit more intimate. Plus with proposals you factor in the interests/hobbies of the woman you're with, so that's not something you can reasonably plan unless you already have someone.

3 people like this

I think about how I will propose too. My thinking is comprised of both of your questions photogirl 1) I have ideas of how I will propose to her and 2)my proposals are tailored to how she is like. So, for me, I don't have one way of proposing it all depends on who she is as a person.

1 person likes this

I do know that I want it caught on camera so we can view it later for memories sake.

I've seen similar ideas done. The idea of a photographer hiding to catch that special moment, is a beautiful idea. People make canvas collages to hang in their homes. A video would be cool, too. Something to look back on and remember the magic.

I think about how I will propose too. My thinking is comprised of both of your questions photogirl 1) I have ideas of how I will propose to her and 2)my proposals are tailored to how she is like. So, for me, I don't have one way of proposing it all depends on who she is as a person.

I think that's pretty cool. Thinking about it keeps hope, and keeping an open mind about her personality is amazing. I think it's important to make it personal. It also gives you the chance to pry her for ideas that she's dreamed of.
2 people like this

I haven't thought about the details but so far I'd like to capture it on photo/film somehow and have it in a private setting - no family (except maybe if she is REALLY close to them and would like to share the moment), friends and especially no strangers, not in a restaurant etc. 

For me the question is more one of timing. If marriage is extensively discussed beforehand doesn't that sort of spoil the surprise? Or is it more a thing of knowing/expecting that he will propose but not knowing when or how?

1 person likes this