Weapon X

C'mon ladies, do you really all want to have a wedding?

34 posts in this topic

Lots of people on here are looking forward to the wedding and the wedding night. It's all very traditional.

I on the other hand would prefer to not have a wedding. I'd prefer to be married without the wedding ceremony. Personally I don't like big social events like that since I'm a quiet person in general and don't like being the center of attention.

Anyone else prefer to just become legally married without a ceremony? Ultimately it's the marriage that's most important.

6 people like this

I understand that you do not like big receptions but do you mean justice of the peace only. I really want to have a church wedding because I am religious. I do not need a big reception but a small intimate setting  is enough to share this special moment with close friends and families. I think you may change your mind depending on what your future wife wants for her wedding. :)

I am not a huge fan of having a wedding.  I would like a ceremony but maybe with only the most important people.  Or eloping on the honeymoon. I like to go to weddings, but I'm not into hosting a reception, dancing, and all the traditional stuff.

4 people like this

I use to be into weddings (I even had a Pinterest board for it lol) but the more I think about it the less I want one personally. I'm not a fan of being the centre of attention and I also cringe at the thought of having to kiss someone in front of people (I may not be a fan of PDA). Plus I would rather spend the money going on a honeymoon or something else. I don't look forward to planning mine. I would make someone else plan it but I'm a bit of a control freak lol.

I would love to elope and then have a little celebration with close family and friends a few weeks later. But then I realise that the guy I marry might want a wedding.

2 people like this

I want a small chapel wedding, with just immediate family and really close friends. I don't need it extravagant, but still a church wedding. Truthfully, I could care less about the reception afterwards.

I like the idea of eloping a lot. But then I know I'd be hurt if my mother wasn't there to see me getting married and I also knew that she would be hurt too.

1 person likes this

I, personally, want a very very small ceremony. Me, him, a few very close family/friends, and the person officiating. I want the dress, suit, and churchy looking clothes. I want photos. In a field, forest, or something earthy. My family is rather large, so I'd have to have at least a good reception, later. HOWEVER, if the guy that I'd like to be with would like a more of a traditional wedding and, as long as he's willing to help plan and execute, I'd do that for him...and it would make me happy that he would be happy, because the union is the beginning of the actual marriage, which is more important than the wedding itself. Besides, I don't like big events, or being the center of attention, but I don't plan on paying anyone but him much attention that day, anyway. So, I'd just focus on him...and lean on him a lot if I need to.

4 people like this

Honestly I'd prefer have the greatest wedding possible to highlight this new step in my life. I would really like it to be grandiose, magic, awesome, ... and I woiuld like to share my joy with everybody.

1 person likes this

I really want a nice and relatively traditional wedding, but I don't want it to be large; if I could keep the guest list to around 25 people, that'd be awesome. I think the only time I would consider eloping would be if my mother died. It would be very difficult to go through the motions of a big wedding if she were not there to see it.

3 people like this

My wedding was immediate family only (16 people including kids), was performed outside with a commissioner, and we did skeet shooting out on my uncle's property to celebrate. Then we had a BBQ. it was the best wedding had ever been to, because it was what we wanted. I have a massive extended family, so we are planning on having a reception later on. There are also many people that I would have loved to share the day with but couldn't because I didn't have the budget or time to put it together

I'll be honest, having a larger wedding is good, especially if you're starting out as a couple who is not living together. It would have been helpful for us to have had a gift registry and been helped out with getting dishes for our kitchen. We bought a small set from value village and are using some mason jars to drink out of, not that I'm complaining. But the wedding gifts would have been helpful, so I can definitely see how a person would like that aspect of it, as well as having more friends and family to share the day witg

5 people like this

I'm not much for weddings. I do agree with bethreny's point about wedding gifts being a big help to couples just starting out, but as for me, I'd far prefer just going to a justice of the peace. I don't mind using secondhand dishes or appliances, anyway, but I know it would bother some people.

I guess in the end, I'm just a pretty private person and probably wouldn't even bother making a Facebook announcement.

3 people like this

Yes, I do. I consider weddings to be very important, as does my family. They are a union that doesn't just involve two people and the state, but also their family, friends, and God.

I was raised with the more people and food... the merrier. But, that doesn't mean one has to blow a bunch of money. My sister had an outdoor wedding with sandwiches, lemonade, cookies and cake, lawn games and picnic tables. We also made most of the bridal clothes ourself. It was a lot cheaper than a catered $50.00/plate meal, and the guests had a great time.

4 people like this

As i assisted realizing many weddings, all i can say its always good to be surrounded by those who loves you and cares abt you, sharing this unique event ,but whatever  we try to make it perfect and unforgettable, choosing the emplacements, guests category, level of the ceremony, the catering quality, the reception, the expensive dresses ..etc, the only thing that would remain of it is the true love,the understanding and respect, cuz sadly many times the wedding get interrupted or canceled at the last minute or the couple get divorced days after it, so make sure to choose your right partner, and if you can save all those expenses it would be a good help for starting your life together  :)

Weddings are overrated to me. I also hate planning things. I had a hard time planning my birthday party for 25 closest friends. That was a lot of work. I want to skip all the extras and just get a marriage license.

4 people like this

I always wanted a wedding buy as to WHAT specifically I never really thought much about it. I want to wear a wedding dress that's unique although again I don't know about specifics, I want my mom and my sisters and brothers to see and hear us make our vows and I want to look in my man's eyes as he makes his vows to me.

One more specific thing I only thought of recently while I was looking at a really beautiful moon.

A ceremony that begins as the moon rises on a night and in a place where it is a Big beautiful moon either white and crisp or bright and golden. One of those nights when it seems so close you could just jump and touch it.

I don't know if candles would be obsolete with such a bright moon but I imagine candles and light colours flowers :)

If it were only up to me, I'd happily get married at the justice of the peace or elope or something.  I've had to go through three weddings with my older sisters and it's a ton of work.  I have to take my family and church family and friends into consideration though - they will want to be there for me.  You're absolutely right, the marriage is what's important, not the party.  However, there is something to be said for family and friends supporting you and encouraging you as you start a new life with your spouse.  And it's especially exciting when it's 'holy matrimony' where the couple getting married waited.  Doesn't it feel like such a farce when you go to a wedding and the couple has been living together for years?

2 people like this

Lots of people on here are looking forward to the wedding and the wedding night. It's all very traditional.

I on the other hand would prefer to not have a wedding. I'd prefer to be married without the wedding ceremony. Personally I don't like big social events like that since I'm a quiet person in general and don't like being the center of attention.

Anyone else prefer to just become legally married without a ceremony? Ultimately it's the marriage that's most important.

I couldn't agree more. But that doesn't mean that I want to skip the wedding. since i don't like being the center of attention, i would like to just have a token number of important people at a city hall meeting, and then go have a huge party that. the part is more important to me than the ceremony. at least right now. if the guy that i marry has some sort of cultural expression that is important for him, he can plan the whole thing. I'll just show up. I think a wedding is like the prom. you're pretty sure that it won't be all it's cracked up to be, but better to go and try to enjoy and create a memory than to regret it years later.

My opinion, but this is a great question  :)

This is a great question ^_^

Would I want a wedding? Yes! To me the wedding is not just a celebration with family and friends, it is about the holy convent between a man, woman, and the Lord Almighty! ^_^

The wedding should glorify the Lord and the bond of matrimony between my husband to be and myself :)  Because of how intimate this is, I would not want to have a huge, grandiose, wedding. :D

Let's save the money for our house or something for our new life together ^_^  

Tehehehe, that is my thought anyway :lol:

2 people like this

Sure, I guess I want a wedding. But not like a super big one, and I'm not going to go crazy and expensive. No bridezilla here, probably. 

I wouldn't even know where to start with planning a wedding... Sounds like a big pain in the ass.

And I want a cool wedding theme that fits and appeals to both me and my husband, you know something different. Not like your traditional wedding themes. But I'm kinda afraid of being judged by some or our guests for how we chose to decorate our wedding, the wedding dress I chose to wear if it's not a traditional white one, and so on. But I guess if someone doesn't like how we chose to do our own wedding they can kiss our ass, and they don't have to come or stay if they don't like it. :)

2 people like this

I like the idea of eloping a lot more than spending months or longer planning all these details I couldn't careless about. Plus I'm a very private person.

3 people like this

I'd like a big wedding. My only fear is the dancing. I guess if it's all about me, then I should be able to dance without feeling stupid but idk. It would help if my future husband is a good dancer but it doesn't really matter, I suppose. I'm also not sure about the music. Most music is a no go for me so the playlist might be extremely limited. :lol:  I can see myself being a bridezilla though. I'm controlling. :lol:

2 people like this

I'd be okay with a very very small wedding. I am a quite person and I hate being the center of attention. I hate talking in from of people. If it were up to me i'd want our parents, grandparents (if possible, as mine are both gone), siblings and closest friends for the wedding party. I still want the dress, suit, and the maid of honor and best man. 

Id have a good sized reception and invite everyone to that. I think people spend way too much on weddings when it can be simple and still be pretty. 

2 people like this

I don't really want a wedding anymore, not sure if I ever did. I only dreamed of being in a beautiful white wedding dress, but I don't care much for the wedding. I think the money spent for the wedding could go to something better.

I've only been to one wedding in my life and it was a court wedding. I thought there was something very intimate and special about it. I'd be very content with a simple, private wedding or at a court.

2 people like this