Queen

Date

26 posts in this topic

You are going on a date with someone new, and it is your turn to plan it.  What do you plan?

3 people like this

Robbing a bank. 

Err, I mean something casual like seeing a movie or something.  :superwaiter:

9 people like this

If it were someone I was not already friends with, I'd probably suggest something super low-pressure and easy to escape from like getting coffee.

If it were someone I already knew, I'd suggest getting dinner at a place nice enough so that you'd feel comfortable dressing up a little, but not so expensive that it'd feel like you were under a lot of pressure to really "connect."

My first date with my boyfriend was a school dance, which was a ton of fun! So if you're into dancing, I'd recommend that too. :)

4 people like this

Probably visiting my preferred castle then a dinner under candlelight onboard a yacht !

4 people like this

Probably a movie, dinner at a restaurant (not too fancy, e.g. TGI Friday diner etc), a dance (again, not formal, e.g. a ceilidh), an art gallery or museum, a trip to a theme park, and so on. They'd be fun, and not too expensive and whatnot. Once we'd been dating for a while, we could perhaps go somewhere more expensive and less casual.

xxx

4 people like this

If I had to plan it? Well, I hate planning details. So, probably something simple. A museum...art, history, even science. Or a walk around the city, or town. Then a simple dinner, someplace kind of nice so we could dress kind of nice, but not overly so. I just like the idea of being able to dress up for him, and I love a man in a suit (even a casual suit, with top button of his shirt loose). Maybe end the night with ice cream at a shop or something sweet and old fashioned like that. A night that lends to holding hand and sweet glances, and maybe a kiss here and there softly, or a kiss goodnight. Depending on how long we've been seeing each other.

4 people like this

I'd actually just suggest the museum because the Mythical Creature exhibit is up right now and I want to see it LOL. I've had a date at the museum before. Totally didn't like the guy, but it was fun nonetheless! We had a lot to talk about and we learned :D. I know that's so typical but it would take me a while to plan something anyways. I've had a first 'kinda not date' at the zoo before and that was interesting, but I prefer the museum.

5 people like this

I would love to just take her out to dinner at some vegetarian place (if that excites her, I will probably ask for her hand in marriage upon the conclusion of the date). Somewhere we can eat a peaceful, compassionate meal is nice - it seems weird, but I really think what you're eating determines the "feel" of the date.

Just having nice conversation over a candlelit meal would be nice.

We could enjoy a shared activity, but I think it would be nice to really get to know each other, test things out.

Sounds clichee...

3 people like this

White water rafting and a picnic date would be the most perfect thing, at least for me. You learn so much about someone by the way they handle adventure, you would mostly be laughing the whole time, the clothing would be low pressure since you get to wear tacky orange vests over everything, and you could still do all of the romantic talking with a cute picnic right after. So long as no one falls out :D

4 people like this

I would love to just take her out to dinner at some vegetarian place (if that excites her, I will probably ask for her hand in marriage upon the conclusion of the date). Somewhere we can eat a peaceful, compassionate meal is nice - it seems weird, but I really think what you're eating determines the "feel" of the date.

Just having nice conversation over a candlelit meal would be nice.

We could enjoy a shared activity, but I think it would be nice to really get to know each other, test things out.

Sounds clichee...

Dude, my kind of girl couldn't be more different than yours if we tried because I'd take her to a place that is the exact opposite. lol. Ideally, we would go to a BBQ place or a steakhouse and if that excites her then I'm asking her to marry me on the spot. Then we can start a happy life together raising cattle in a farm where we can have all the pork and beef for the rest of our lives :P

6 people like this

Dude, my kind of girl couldn't be more different than yours if we tried because I'd take her to a place that is the exact opposite. lol. Ideally, we would go to a BBQ place or a steakhouse and if that excites her then I'm asking her to marry me on the spot. Then we can start a happy life together raising cattle in a farm where we can have all the pork and beef for the rest of our lives :P

This place is my favorite.  :D My boyfriend always gets chicken when we go.  :disapproval:

3 people like this

Queen, time to answer your own question!

1 person likes this

Dinner and wine

Walk in the park

Sit on a park bench and chat

Coffee and a chat

something like that

2 people like this

This place is my favorite.  :D My boyfriend always gets chicken when we go.  :disapproval:

Oh my gosh....the Gulf Coast Steak and Shrimp looks heavenly! They also got homemade cheesecake too! :o That's it I'm sold. Texas will be my new home. lol

3 people like this

Oh my gosh....the Gulf Coast Steak and Shrimp looks heavenly! They also got homemade cheesecake too! :o That's it I'm sold. Texas will be my new home. lol

Yes...come to usssss...... O_O  :lol:

3 people like this

One of the very best "dates" I ever went on, and this was a while ago but it was sort of the traditional coffee shop chat date.

However, this particular coffee shop was not the usual neighborhood Starbucks. But rather the unusual local shop with a hundred different coffee blends, from around the world.

(This was SoCal in the late 2000's, place is gone now!)

They had board games, and other group activities folks could get involved with.

I think it's great to have a little healthy competition, certainly on the first few dates when conversation might be a little strained.

You know both folks are trying to get to know each other, but also not going through the Q&A session.

That's a great idea if there's places like that in your area.

Tasting different coffee blends, teas (if your taste buds prefer), putting away the electronics and just getting to know each other in a casual environment.

2 people like this

Queen, on 24 Jun 2015 - 4:36 PM, said:snapback.png

You are going on a date with someone new, and it is your turn to plan it.  What do you plan?

I would probably take her out to a casual place (like going bowling, chatting at a local coffeehouse, going to a museum or art galley).  When we get to know each other better, I would like to take her out to a restaurant or even cook for her like in the movie "Chef" where he makes pasta Aglio o Olio for Scarlet Johansson (which looks like this btw). 

post-830-0-10507900-1435296803_thumb.jpg 

5 people like this

Well, I would like him to plan the first date at least. 

But when I'm in a relationship, I've always wanted to plan a romantic picnic in the park. I'd prepare his favorites foods to eat along with some picnic staples and we'd find a nice place in the park or by the lake. :)

4 people like this

Well, I would like him to plan the first date at least. 

But when I'm in a relationship, I've always wanted to plan a romantic picnic in the park. I'd prepare his favorites foods to eat along with some picnic staples and we'd find a nice place in the park or by the lake. :)

I have always wanted to do this, too. I even went so far as to buy a cute little picnic basket...that I still have, and never used for that. :(

6 people like this

I have always wanted to do this, too. I even went so far as to buy a cute little picnic basket...that I still have, and never used for that. :(

Don't get rid of it. You'll need it when you least expect it. The right man will love a simple picnic date!

1 person likes this

Don't get rid of it. You'll need it when you least expect it. The right man will love a simple picnic date!

Maybe. Maybe not. I won't know unless it happens. In the meantime it's housing my collection of pens. lol

3 people like this