Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Naming Kids

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Another question: If/when you get kids, how would you name them? Would you let the father decide the name, the mother decide the name, would you both agree on a name, etc?

I think the decision should be completely mutual. When it comes to middle names, I think each parent should get to choose one (I would use two middle names.) However, when it comes to surnames, I would insist on hyphenating our last names because I am not changing my surname. And if my husband had a really awful last name, like Dick or Titsworth or Corpse (I have known people with those surnames!) I would insist on only using my surname, which is perfectly normal, easy to spell, and easy to pronounce.

Yeah I think it should be completely mutual as well. Kind of like we'd both have some names we liked and we could go through them and see which ones we liked better

Hey all,

Another question: If/when you get kids, how would you name them? Would you let the father decide the name, the mother decide the name, would you both agree on a name, etc?

Whatever the means of deciding, I pray that we only use normal names. I don't want my children to be called "Aiden" or what have you.

Whatever the means of deciding, I pray that we only use normal names. I don't want my children to be called "Aiden" or what have you.

Lol am going to name my kid soda :lol: just kidding but yes normal names, none of that celebrity naming there children wierd names!

i want 4 children, he can name 2 and ill name 2 to keep it fair, im naming the first, he can name the second etc :rolleyes:

I would hope we would both pick the names. But I want dibs on nick names, Ive gotta have a De-De, Kee-Kee, or Nay-Nay, Tay-Tay or Boo-boo :lol:

:3 I have certain names that I want...especially the girls' names. I do like the idea of two middle names though, that sounds cool. I have two, but I picked out the second one for my confirmation.

And if my husband had a really awful last name, like Dick or Titsworth or Corpse (I have known people with those surnames!) I would insist on only using my surname, which is perfectly normal, easy to spell, and easy to pronounce.

That is terrible xD Made me bust out laughing.

I have names all picked out for boys and girls, but I'd want my husband to agree on the names with me.

1 person likes this

I'm terrible at coming up with names, I hope if we do have kids she's got better ideas than me!