Guest markb4

Would you date/marry a shorter man?

47 posts in this topic

^Good to know I'm not the only tall one here.

I know how you feel about wanting to feel small and dainty

1 person likes this

I know how you feel about wanting to feel small and dainty

Pluses about being on the short side

1. Guys are never intimidated by your height

2. It's cute!

3. All guys will seem average/tall to you

4. Asking guys to reach stuff for you on high shelves is a great way to start conversation

Downsides to being on the short side

1. It's hard to be beautiful/elegant AND short (I think pretty and cute is the best I can achieve)

2. No long legs (I would kill a litter of kittens to have longer legs)

3. You have to weigh less than 130 just to be a size 6

4. There's no excuse to having size 8.5 feet (maybe this is just me though)

I am 5'3.5" on the dot, and I actually don't mind being short at all except I hate that short height = short legs. If I was my height but with longer legs, I would have no qualms about being short. But alas...

1 person likes this

obviously it's natural for a girl to be attracted to tall guys, but i think it'd be neat to have a partner of the same size(or height, at least). so since anyone ~5'6" or taller is great, i don't think height will ever be a main concern for me.

1 person likes this

I am 5'3.5" on the dot, and I actually don't mind being short at all except I hate that short height = short legs. If I was my height but with longer legs, I would have no qualms about being short. But alas...

lol no you don't! that'll make your torso look stumpy.

I am 5' 7"  and I am definitly attracted to taller men.  There is something exciting about looking up to him.  And feeling small when I am taller than a lot of people around me makes me feel really cute.  I have datted a man really close to my height and I learned that it was really awkward.  He would put his arm around me and unintentionally force me to bend my spine and a lot of other things I never even thought of became really awkward, unnatural and uncomfortable.  XD

2 people like this

I'm dating one right now, but he isn't too awkwardly short, only a few inches. I'm actually a pretty taller than average for a woman standing at almost six feet. Height really doesn't matter, he can be Tyrion short and I wouldn't care. 

2 people like this

I am 5'7" and I have dated a guy who's my height.  I honestly had no problem with it, but he hated it so much when I wore heels. He was really insecure about it that he said I "wasn't allowed to anymore" which of course ticked me off. I went to my senior prom with a different guy who was an inch shorter than me and he could have cared less about me wearing heels. As long as the guy wasn't weird about it, it doesn't matter to me.

1 person likes this

I am 5'7" and I have dated a guy who's my height.  I honestly had no problem with it, but he hated it so much when I wore heels. He was really insecure about it that he said I "wasn't allowed to anymore" which of course ticked me off. I went to my senior prom with a different guy who was an inch shorter than me and he could have cared less about me wearing heels. As long as the guy wasn't weird about it, it doesn't matter to me.

Ooops good tester I recon if he is insecure of being shorter. Alarm bells. I had a g/f once who was 6' and she used to lean on my shoulder and refer to me as shorty but hey she stood her round at the bar !! Lol

1 person likes this

I think the chances of me dating/marrying a man who is shorter than me are slim since I have always been attracted to tall men and that attraction has only increased. I have been set up on a date with a man who was shorter than me and I was actually fine with it but it didn't work out for unrelated reasons. I am 5'8 so I am pretty tall for a girl but it is not too difficult to find men who are taller than me. So, in conclusion, a man being shorter than I am is not a deal breaker but it significantly lowers the chances of attraction on my part. 

1 person likes this

I feel bad that it might be a dealbreaker, but I just need to feel that he is the "protector" and I'm the smaller, feminine one. Maybe that could change if I met the right guy, but as of right now, I don't think I could do it. I'm 5'6" though, so my chances of him being taller than me are pretty good.

I feel bad that it might be a dealbreaker, but I just need to feel that he is the "protector" and I'm the smaller, feminine one. Maybe that could change if I met the right guy, but as of right now, I don't think I could do it. I'm 5'6" though, so my chances of him being taller than me are pretty good.

I don't think you should feel bad about it. If you wouldn't be happy with a shorter guy then it would make no sense to be with one unless you just want to be unhappy. And, in truth, it would also be unfair to the guy. From my perspective the virtue of marriage isn't in the deal-breakers one has but in what one makes of the marriage once they find someone their compatible with.

1 person likes this

I'm reeeaaallly short (trying to get to 5'0 currently 4'11 for a while.. :mellow: ) and have grown to love that so I can enjoy the luxuries of most guys im attracted to being taller than me or giants to me at least. I'm still attracted to more of a nice tall guy who's muscular so even guys who are short but taller than me..not my favorrite thing depending on how they fill out. (basically I like it more than just a few inches above 5) I would love to look up to the Man I marry and be smaller so he could be strong and protective over me. <3

Im 5'8 and Ive learned that I like to date guys at eye level I dont like them too tall or too short a few inches wouldnt bother me as long as he isnt insecure about it. But it seems like men who are under 5'11 are obsessed with height WTH...This last guy I went on a date with was probably like a 1/2 inch shorter than me and he wouldnt stop talking about my height. It clearly made him very insecure *sigh*...that is the only reason why I wouldnt want to date a shorter guy I just cant deal with the insecurity.

1 person likes this

I am 5'0 so most adults are taller than me. But yes I would date a man who is shorter. I do not want men to judge me because of my height so I won't judge them.  

Well, with shoes on I barely hit 5'1". I've always been attracted to taller men. 5'10 or taller. However, as I've gotten older I've noticed that I don't mind if they are shorter than that, as long as I have to look up just a little. Maybe it's a feeling of protection, or something, I don't know. I guess since I'm so short it won't be difficult to find a guy who's taller than me. I find that it's actually kind of difficult to find taller guys who would like a woman very short. I seem to run into guys I'm interested in wanting a woman who's more average in height... 5'5" to 5'8" ish. Maybe that's just a cultural thing. I really don't know, but it's what I have run into.

No. The guy has to be a certain amount taller than me or they're just not attractive to me. I feel like a guy can protect me better if they're taller, also it's just hot and I think that's why.

Sure why not. I'm 6'1 so of course I'm going to meet tall and short guys. I really don't care about height

1 person likes this

I'm dating one right now, but he isn't too awkwardly short, only a few inches. I'm actually a pretty taller than average for a woman standing at almost six feet. Height really doesn't matter, he can be Tyrion short and I wouldn't care. 

Would you marry Warwick Davis? That hunk of a man

He's not really my type.  But I'd marry Peter Dinklage (who plays Tyrion Lannister on Game of Thrones) in a heart beat.  Too bad he's already married to a woman who's a foot taller than him.

Peter%20Dinklage%20Erica%20Schmidt-AES-0

I'm looking for companionship, not protection.  Consequently, I couldn't care less whether a man could physically protect me or not.

2 people like this

Height doesn't mean anything to me. I don't think that shorter guys are unattractive at all. 

2 people like this

...I don't think that shorter guys are unattractive at all. 

I totally agree on this point. There are lots of attractive short men in the world. :) I just happen to like tall men.

1 person likes this