Guest markb4

Would you date/marry a shorter man?

47 posts in this topic

Well I'm only 4'6 so there is not any guys sorter than me. But if I were tall and and I guy was shorter than me I wouldn't mind.

2 people like this

Well I'm 5'3.5" to be exact, so I highly doubt I will be dating any guys shorter than me, or my exact height. I know a few married couples where the husband is shorter, but the wives are tall. The husbands are all taller than I am. If I developed strong feelings for a guy who was more-or-less my height, then I'd date him. But I would never pursue a guy my height, or shorter than me...or really anything shorter than 5'7". I just couldn't get attracted to a short guy without knowing his personality first (not that 5'7" isn't short, but it isn't tiny either.) I'm using 5'7" as an example cuz I once had a tiny crush on a guy around that height, maybe an inch taller.

1 person likes this

Wow, you girls are sooooo tiny! Not that it's a bad thing. Sometimes I wish I were shorter since I think it's much cuter.

Anyway, as a girl that's 5'8" there are a good number of guys who are both shorter and taller than me. Though with heels on I do tend to tower over most guys >.<

Though I generally am attracted to guys who are taller than me, I'm not opposed to shorter men (as long as he's okay with me being taller and doesn't have a problem with me wearing heels}. If he's smaller than me in both weight and height and also physically weaker than me, then I probably wouldn't be attracted to him.

1 person likes this

I'm 5'2", so how much shorter are we talking? I'd really like a guy who could at least carry luggage. Although, if he was a great guy, I hope I would look past the fact that he was shorter than 5'2". Come to think of it, there was a guy I went to the movies with a couple of times, & he was shorter than me. He was funny, smart, & we're still cool. Honestly, if his personality is right, there's a lot of stuff I could overlook.

I think I'm about 5'4" or so. I'd prefer someone who was taller, but you know what I'm like with looks! I wouldn't care if he was shorter, as long as I loved him...

xxx

2 people like this

Well I'm only 4'6 so there is not any guys sorter than me. But if I were tall and and I guy was shorter than me I wouldn't mind.

hahah that was a cute response!

What a bummer am only 4'11 dry.gif Lol just kidding am actually 6'1 B)

hahah Seeflo I'm going to hit you!! hahahaha :lol:

that is my only deal breaker I'm only 5'6 but I prefer the guy to be taller but not too tall like my ex (I had to tippy -toe to kiss him! He was 6'5 <:()because I feel soo girly and feminine and protected when the guy is taller 5'9+ is good enough but less then 6'5

1 person likes this

that is my only deal breaker I'm only 5'6 but I prefer the guy to be taller but not too tall like my ex (I had to tippy -toe to kiss him! He was 6'5 <:()because I feel soo girly and feminine and protected when the guy is taller 5'9+ is good enough but less then 6'5

Whoa, 6'5" is TALL. Definitely too tall for me. I mean I'm 5'3.5" lol. For me the ideal range is between 5'10" to 6'0", I suppose.

Whoa, 6'5" is TALL. Definitely too tall for me. I mean I'm 5'3.5" lol. For me the ideal range is between 5'10" to 6'0", I suppose.

I agree!

i don't find it as attractive if a guy is shorter than me, but i suppose if i actually liked him i would put it aside

I'm 5'2'', so I'm very unlikely to find a soul shorter than me. However tall my one and only is, it means nothing to me. <3

I'm joining all the short girls on here.. lol. I'm only 5'0" so I would have a pretty hard time finding a guy shorter than me.. I guess I'd definitely prefer a guy taller (partially in hopes that my kids wont be quite as short as me! haha) but the guy being shorter definitely isn't a deal breaker :)

My current boyfriend isn't the tallest for a guy, hes 5'5-5'6 which I think is perfect :) Too much taller than me and it would just be kind of awkward especially like dancing or something like that..

I would, but i also just barely hit 5'3.5" when i stopped growing :). The only thing that would make me hesitate would be an overly scrawny guy or if he is overly muscular (like body builder). if it looks like i could take him in a fight, there is just something wrong with that picture. And maybe its because i got stuck in a weight lifting class in high school, but i got sick of all the guys who spent all their time working out and that would check themselves out in the mirror nonstop. i'm all for loving who you are, but there is a problem when you are in love with yourself. lol. i guess being super muscular to is a red flag to me now.

Sure. :)

As a stand-alone trait, I find that a guy who is taller than me is preferable to one who is shorter, but it would never be a deal breaker for me. I have a hard time picking deal breaker qualities, because everyone's so different. Getting to know a guy as a friend first and getting to connect with his personality is how I begin to find him attractive. So, if his personality and who he is is attractive, I have no doubts that the 'shorter-than-me' physique will become endearing.

1 person likes this

So I guess I'm the giant in the group because I'm 5'11 and with heels on, I can easily be 6'2 or 6'3. My only boyfriend, back in high school, was a short guy who was about 5'6 or so. He was sweet, but I'll never date another short guy again! He once carried me up a flight of stairs bridal style and my feet were still close to the actual steps. It was a sweet gesture, but I might as well have walked. Smh!

I want my husband to be much taller to me, because for once in my life I would like to feel small and dainty! Lol! I bend down to hug my friends, I would LOOOOVE to have to tip up to hug or kiss my husband :D

1 person likes this