WaitingForSuperman

Would You Marry Someone Exactly Like You?

39 posts in this topic

If I married someone who was exactly like me, I feel like I would have my parent's marriage. Not sure if that's a good thing yet...

LOL absolutely not! Why? Because there needs to be a smart one in that relationship:D

1 person likes this

I still would like a male version of me, but I also want him to be an improved version of me. I also want him to be more attractive than me as well. :D

1 person likes this

I cannot marry someone with my personality. Ugh. ^_^ But I would want him to be like me in that we share all the same base morals/ values/ beliefs, because I feel that I've spent my whole life surrounded by people who are nothing like me in that regard and if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with someone, we can't differ on these things. Besides that, I'd like us to have some similarities, and some differences, that way, we can introduce each other to new experiences, hobbies, and other things.

1 person likes this

Probably yes. Especially when it comes to being ready on time for things and doing things quickly and effectively. I have an "explosive impatience". Maybe that is not so good though and we might get too impatient with each other at times. But other than that, yeah.

1 person likes this

Boundless.org (a site for young adult Christians, focused on leading to marriage) just had an article called Don't Marry Yourself, and they opened with the Seinfeld clip that @HeWhoWaits shared). One thing that I liked was that it pointed out that sometimes we may be looking for someone who values a particular thing (like a particular hobby), but in reality we are looking for similarity with some deeper value:

For the longest time I thought I valued running. It's an important part of my life, and I devote time and money to it. I assumed it was something I needed to share with my wife. But, as it turns out, my fiancée and I just couldn't get into a good running routine. Our paces are different, and she prefers walking or hiking. During this process, I've realized it's not running I value — it's an active lifestyle. And my fiancée shares this value through healthy eating and getting outside. If I would have clung to my running value without seeing that running was a passion growing out of valuing a healthy life, I would've missed the gift of my future wife.

1 person likes this

Someone who has the same morals and beliefs as me yes, that way we wouldn't disagree with a lot of things. But personality wise i would like her to be strong in the things im really weak at. That way life would be a lot easier for the both of us and we both learn new things which we couldn't do on our own. 

someone exactly like me hmmm...:huh:

I mean opposite sex 

I would marry her the instant my eyes lie on her :wub:

you kidding me this is absolutely mind blowing for me :lol:

I think if we had the same core beliefs/principles/morals I would be fine with that.

Everything else can totally be different if need be. It's good in a relationship to have differences because you learn to appreciate those differences among one another. It also creates a desire to learn about their interests and hobbies. 

Some one exactly like me? Nooo. I don't think that would be a good idea. I don't think that would be practically good. And I really don't think there is another person like me. !!! :P

I'd love it if he shared the same interests and hobbies as me but I would like a few differences as well. I'm kind of on the shy side so it would be awesome if I could find someone who was outgoing and more social. Plus I need someone to get rid of those pesky brown recluse spiders for me or we'd both be running out the door to abandon the house. If he shared my curiosity and sense of adventure that would be amazing and I'd have someone to talk with about cryptozoology, amusement parks, space, new discoveries, and a zillion other topics.