WaitingForSuperman

Would You Marry Someone Exactly Like You?

39 posts in this topic

Someone asked me this question recently: If you met someone of the opposite sex that was EXACTLY like you, could you be together? Why or why not?

1 person likes this

A guy that's exactly like me? Where can I find one of those?  :D

And by exactly like you, you mean personality, beliefs/opinions/values, hobbies and interest wise, right?

I would totally date someone who was exactly like me. I'd be together with him cause we'd already have the same beliefs, opinions, and values, so no worry about having conflicting ones. And I wouldn't feel (as) self conscious about certain interests and aspects of my personality cause we'd be the same. Sharing the same interests and hobbies would be nice.  :)

And there's other reasons I'd be together with him. And the only downsides I can see so far about being with someone exactly like me is that it might eventually might be a little boring being with a male clone of me, and we're probably not gonna get along that great when we're in bad moods.

6 people like this

While I think it's important to be as closely aligned as possible on major values, I think a little bit of difference helps keep things fresh and interesting! Plus I'd get to discover some new things, and challenge some views of mine that would just be echo-chambered if my SO agreed with me on everything.

1 person likes this

Someone EXACTLY like me, no. I think it is good to have sone differences. Those differences could have bring better behaviors out of you. Help me be a better me, and vise versa.

i would choose one body with two heads and one heart, two personalities working in harmony, completing each other, supporting each other, seeing things from different angles but dealing with them for their benefit together, the positive difference is always a good thing  :)

4 people like this

People say opposites attract, but as for morals that statement isn't true. If we are different in things besides the hard issues then that's cool, fun, fresh, and new, but my core beliefs must match with a potential partner because I live my life for God and I follow specific standards to be the best me I can be for Him.

3 people like this

I would not like to be with someone exactly like me 'cause I have flaws that I am not prouf of at all. I prefer we complete each other, especially as I am a person who loves difference. Different in culture, style, actions, method, ... I am just attracted by the "difference" in someone.

1 person likes this

That sounds kind of boring. Yes, I'd want someone similar to myself in terms of beliefs, values, and some hobbies, but exactly the same would get stale very fast. 

Exactly like me? No, probably not.

Certainly, as far as things like beliefs, values, etc, I'd like him to be the same as me, because that just makes sense. Plus, things like how many kids we want, when to start having kids, etc.

But I'd like him to be different to me with some things, too. I think I need someone who's more assertive, confident, and so on, because I'm not particularly. Perhaps someone who's good with finances, although I could learn to do all that. Maybe someone who can cook. Probably someone who's more patient than me, too. Someone who's good with getting rid of spiders, lifting stuff and opening bottles would be good, too...

xxx

3 people like this

No, I wouldn't want to be with a male version of me! (Just, imagining a late night of me and masculine me knitting together. How would that work exactly?) hehehehe

5 people like this

No, I wouldn't want to be with a male version of me! (Just, imagining a late night of me and masculine me knitting together. How would that work exactly?) hehehehe

You would look sweet as a male, just saying  :D

Honestly?

If I could clone me (as a male), me and my me-fella would be out riding a two-seater bicycle through the park right now, with a picnic basket filled with apples, brie, and toast waiting for us.

No shame.

3 people like this

I'd like "guy me" for a while but we'd probably end up just being friends. I like it when a guy complements me and together we make each other better. If we were the same, it'd be twice the stuff we do well and twice the stuff we do wrong. We'd be a lot stronger and capable if we make up for each others faults. For example, since I am very shy and struggle with social anxiety, if he is well spoken I'd be more able to accomplish things and become stronger just by being with him. In exchange, I'm sure I'd have complementary personality traits like maybe I'd be more nurturing and I just cook better. lol 

6 people like this

Oh, heavens no. lol one of me is enough. Besides that, I want someone with a lot of differences. Except in belief, and a few other things, a few similarities are ok/good, but I want someone who complements me, and me them.

Edit: enough similarities to have common ground, but different to make life more interesting and to learn new things.

1 person likes this

No, I don't think I would marry someone who is exactly like me. Although, I would like it if we had the same values or even beliefs. However, if we had some difference that would be okay too (like if she was more outspoken than me, I wouldn't mind that since I'm a quiet guy). 

YES GOD YES I would!

She's into cars, prefers to take things slow, isn't needy, likes fitness etc... My dream girl come true! I hope she looks like, well not me. Maybe Taylor Swift/Melissa Ordway type look but that's too demanding.

Exactly like me? That would be horrible. Our personalities would always clash. There would be no agreement because both of us want things our way. It would be a terrible horror movie.

Um...no. Just no. This world has already suffered through World War II, 9/11, natural disasters, the Kardashians, men wearing skinny jeans etc. We don't need to add to global tragedies with another one of me :P

5 people like this

YES! YES! If there is some female like me, I would marry her because our views on life would be compatible and most of the qualities I look in a partner, I already have them in myself :)

Um...no. Just no. This world has already suffered through World War II, 9/11, natural disasters, the Kardashians, men wearing skinny jeans etc. We don't need to add to global tragedies with another one of me :P

You mean, RPG and gunfires?

Exactly like me? Definitely NOT! The only thing I'd want and have to be exactly alike is believing Jesus Christ is the son of God, Sex, Children, Missionary work, and Healthy. Everything else has be opposite. How can he complete me of there isn't one single thing different besides body parts. We'd clash because its alway YES OR ME TOO.

Besides, if he was just like me or if a guy was just like his wife..... wouldn't that make him gay and vice versa?

Interestingly, as far as looks go, I've found myself leaning toward men who looked very similar to myself, in the past. I guess there's an innate narcissism that always emerged when looking for a partner.

Now, however, I'm a lot less focused on the physical. Still, though, I typically tend to lean toward men who embody qualities that are similar to my own. I can only assume, taking the proposition of the law of attraction into account, that this is a case of like attracting like: energy, vibrations, and all that other good stuff, y'know? I want to do good in the world; ergo, I hope to attract someone else who wants to do good in the world.

When all is said and done, I wholeheartedly agree with what a few others have said, before me: I'm not looking for a carbon copy of Caroline (ew). Rather, I hope to find someone who fills in the gaps, as it were; someone who can bring out the best in me, and who allows me to bring out the best in him. That way, as two decent individuals, we can become one pretty epic whole. :)

1 person likes this

Someone asked me this question recently: If you met someone of the opposite sex that was EXACTLY like you, could you be together? Why or why not?

In theory, this sounds great, but in reality, I couldn't marry someone EXACTLY like me, because a guy EXACTLY like me would have to be gay as a barrel of glitter! LOL.

I need someone to balance me out, and someone like me would be too much "ON" in one relationship! :D

1 person likes this

YES GOD YES I would!

She's into cars, prefers to take things slow, isn't needy, likes fitness etc... My dream girl come true! I hope she looks like, well not me. Maybe Taylor Swift/Melissa Ordway type look but that's too demanding.

Yeah, 4 out of 5 aint bad, right?! LOL. Vroom...vroom! :lol:

73f75903692445130ffdc38a774b1c78.jpg

Besides, if he was just like me or if a guy was just like his wife..... wouldn't that make him gay and vice versa?

I think it's possible for a guy to be just like his wife (or have a female counterpart) without being gay, though I did admit, if there were a guy EXACTLY like me, he'd have to be gay, because I'm just a gay man trapped in a woman's body! LOL.

I actually have met "the male me" (or he was according to some people that knew us both), and I found him and his personality to be intolerable.  I could certainly see how people saw similiarities in us (based on our beliefs and upbringing), but fundamentally as people, we were different in ways that outsiders just couldn't see.  That "male me" wasn't gay, but he also wasn't looking for a woman like me either.  I'd imagine, outside of aesthetics, nothing about my personality and life aspirations appealed to him either.