Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
armytiger

Any one think that God might have waiting for your partner because you keep messing up?

7 posts in this topic

I've been praying for a wife to come for a while now and I hope she hasn't come yet just because it isn't the best time yet, but I struggled with lustful sin too a little and it can become a habit. Even though ive been pretty good for years I wonder sometimes do I have to wait to pay for my past sins to find a wife or if im waiting because I might not be completely over that kind of sin especially at night time its easy to have lustful dreams and even "act out" the dreams without realizing it untill to late.

2 people like this

I've been praying for a wife to come for a while now and I hope she hasn't come yet just because it isn't the best time yet, but I struggled with lustful sin too a little and it can become a habit. Even though ive been pretty good for years I wonder sometimes do I have to wait to pay for my past sins to find a wife or if im waiting because I might not be completely over that kind of sin especially at night time its easy to have lustful dreams and even "act out" the dreams without realizing it untill to late.

Don't ever take seriously anyone ever presenting a moral reason for your single life.  Deprivation leads to binging.  Part of a heterosexual man's struggle with lust comes from waiting.  People often like giving the less fortunate cheap explanations for things they are unwilling or unable to fix for them.

If anyone ever gives you a moral excuse for your celibate faithfulness, make sure they are willing to solve the problem by introducing you to a woman you find sexually attractive.  Seriously, everything else they might try is dubius.  You are a sexual creature, and all the haters can either help you by solving the problem by introducing you to a real woman you like, or they can "suck it."

2 people like this

Don't ever take seriously anyone ever presenting a moral reason for your single life.  Deprivation leads to binging.  Part of a heterosexual man's struggle with lust comes from waiting.  People often like giving the less fortunate cheap explanations for things they are unwilling or unable to fix for them.

If anyone ever gives you a moral excuse for your celibate faithfulness, make sure they are willing to solve the problem by introducing you to a woman you find sexually attractive.  Seriously, everything else they might try is dubius.  You are a sexual creature, and all the haters can either help you by solving the problem by introducing you to a real woman you like, or they can "suck it."

Thanks but no one told me that. Im just not sure my self as I and trying to put God first and wait on Him but somethings slip.

1 person likes this

I'm pretty sure that the apostle Paul said it was better to marry than to burn with passion, even though he was in favour of Christians remaining celibate. It doesn't make sense to me that God would put you in a place where you were struggling and then punish you for messing you up, therefore leaving you in that place indefinitely as more punishment.

I used to think that also; that I wasn't getting married because I wasn't good enough, or doing something wrong etc.

I would say don't fall into that line of thinking. It's a trap, and unhelpful in the long run. Your whole life will be a journey of spiritual growth and spiritual screw ups, and being married will never make you immune to it all.

Do you want to make sure that you don't have any serious addictions or harmful habits before you get married? Of course! Do you need to be sinless? Not possible!

I would encourage you to not be so hard on yourself, armytiger. You said that you hope she hasn't come yet, because it's not the best time. You never know when that special person will come along, and chances are it won't be under perfect circumstances. Just let it be what it is.

4 people like this

I am glad that this question question has come up, 'cause while reading armytiger's response, I realiseI do not have to think like that neither.

This explanation has often cross my mind, but her354 is right when she says that you "do not deserve your Partner" and no one will never deserve anything from God.

So let's just continue waiting faithully for God's Gift.

God bless u all.

1 person likes this