kquest87

HAIR

17 posts in this topic

So guys... I want to know yall preference on hair... not on the body, on a girl's head. Short, long, curly, straight, blond, brunette, rainbow, red heads, and in case of women with "urban" hair, natural ir relaxed? Reason I ask because I always get an array of opinions with my hair. I choose to have my hair natural without the use of chemicals. When I wear my curly fro or a wash and go, I get no dont like it, looks like you didnt do anything to it or I love it, wish my hair did that! For some reason people hand always find themselves in my hair pulling my curls to watch them spring back or fluffing it. When I straighten it I get why did u get rid of ur curls or OMG love how it shapes your face, u look so much more mature... womanly not elderly, lol and thankfully less hands. So it got me thinking, what is you guys preference? In general but also when it come to black women hair, like the natural look or the relaxed/straight look?

2 people like this

This is my favourite type and colour of hair (and woman - badass/strong feminine women -) on a woman

Anna-Valerious-Van-Helsing-female-movie-

I also love mahogany (red and brown), auburn and purplish brown

My favourite types of hair are: wavy and natural curls (not small curls) but only if they are natural. I don't like straight styled hair, that's a big no for me.

So for me, a woman's hair should be, voluminous, urban, naturally cut, without straight edges.

1 person likes this

Long hair is just nicer. Redheads/Gingers.... kill me. :)

Searching for the clone of this woman!

post-44432-0-42296800-1434402768_thumb.j

I'm a girl, but I think natural hair looks fabulous on black women, and it's so much better for one's health too! Twists and 'fros in particular are very lovely.

4 people like this

I definitely prefer longer hair over shorter. Likewise, when it comes to black women, I much prefer the natural (but grown out) look. I'm a big fan of the twists and afros myself.  ^_^

3 people like this

i can say that every woman got a cut going with her face and body, and if she feels good and comfortable about it, it will definitely appear on her face, smile , mood and automatically i would like it , but in general a long natural hair is simply wonderful  :)

I don't care if it's straight or curly or even particularly what color it is, but it's almost always better long rather than short. I did like a girl who had really short hair once, so she was obviously attractive to me even with short hair, but some of my friends described her as "cute." By the way, I've never really understood the word "cute" to describe a woman. Animals are cute. Babies are cute. I just don't really think of women as cute (unless they happen to do something cute), but anyway, thinking back, maybe the short hair caused her to be more cute than hot. Of course, I always thought she was hot, regardless of how her hair looked, but she was even hotter with long hair, and I doubt anyone could deny that. Therefore, I think most any woman who can "pull off" the short hair look would look even better with long hair.

Long hair is just nicer. Redheads/Gingers.... kill me. :)

Searching for the clone of this woman!

My friend Traci looks a lot like her. Same length, shade of red, even fair complexion. Unfortunately she is in a relationship, and also not WTM

I think the rule-of-thumb on attraction is to stay as natural as possible to maximize pairing success.  The price to pay usually with staying natural is that it is completely honest, and one can never attract all by staying natural.  Fortunately, however, this "weeds out" the folks who are not attracted to the proverbial you.  Nature has spent eons selecting pairs that eventually got good at finding cues to compatible mates, and hair is just one of those attraction cues in mammals.  There is wonderfully complex machinery that makes this all work for a reason, and nature always wins playing these games.

I guess the moral of the story is: stick with what you are good at and always be yourself.  You might cause a more compatible mate to miss you if you modify your natural traits too much, or even cause a less compatible mate to find you more attractive artificially.

On a curious note, there is a fascinating concensus among all my friends in our "man crew."  We find there is something particularly attractive about a woman with that frazzled hair "just got out of bed" look when it is long enough to get "messed up."  That sweatpants and t-shirt lazy saturday look on a beautiful women is something my friends and I think is really something.  Mmh mmh.

Also, a woman's length of hair is a cue to how much extraneous protein can be produced by her to potentially manage growing a whole new person in her womb.  During the last trimester of pregnancy, some women actually experience some hair loss.  In short, the more extra protein to show off, the more potentially available to make babies.  Men, by extension (see what I did there?), have been selected by nature to find long hair more attractive.  One of the common behaviors a woman might exhibit when she wants to show interest in a man is to "let down her hair" or twirl it or flair it out.  Hell, it even makes her feel good to do it, so the instincts are quite primal.  Nature gave her natural habits to show off her abundance.  These are just some of the simpler examples of how nature uses the machines of attraction to maximize success for the species.

My professional opinion is: grow as much of your hair as you feel comfortable showing off to someone who loves you just the way you are.  Nature already did all of the hard work for you.  Don't let any of those companies trying to generate a need to sell you just one more product cause you to forget how beautiful you are.  The most compatible of men will select you first.  After all, that's natural selection, sort of...

Now, if only science was attractive to most, heh...

3 people like this

Just read physicists post.

So I have been overweight since I was a kid. Are you suggesting I don't get into shape because my most compatible mate is looking for someone overweight? :o

Just read physicists post.

So I have been overweight since I was a kid. Are you suggesting I don't get into shape because my most compatible mate is looking for someone overweight? :o

That depends.  If you are naturally "husky" because your shape is natually husky, then nature has provided us with variety in weight and bodytypes once again.  Variety is a sign of prosperity, and we humans have so much variety, don't we?  Some people use food more efficiently than others, and maybe your genetics allows you to store much more calories than you need to take in.  That's a part of our variety to maximize success for our species.  Skinny people don't do so well going long periods without food.  Husky people, on the other hand, have more storage capacity to last longer when food is scarce.  Some people find husky folks attractive.  Perhaps you might find a lady that likes husky men.  Recall the line from "The Hunt for the Red October:" "Then it is settled, I will marry a ROUND American woman, and she will cook [rabbits] for me."  Albeit, that is the other side of the coin, there.

If you mean that you have been unhealthy since you were a kid, by all means, each of us has something we would like to improve.  However, if you like to eat a lot, you might find a woman that likes to cook a lot, heh...

Also, no matter our weights, everyone should exercise to their ability regardless.  Nature doesn't have a selection mechanism for the sedentary homonid.  I know that rather defeats my previous paragraphs, but I wanted to offer additional perspective anyway because there may not be anything wrong with you.

I'm glad we are still writing about hair, heh...

1 person likes this

In short, the more extra protein to show off, the more potentially available to make babies.  Men, by extension (see what I did there?), have been selected by nature to find long hair more attractive.  One of the common behaviors a woman might exhibit when she wants to show interest in a man is to "let down her hair" or twirl it or flair it out.  Hell, it even makes her feel good to do it, so the instincts are quite primal.  Nature gave her natural habits to show off her abundance.  These are just some of the simpler examples of how nature uses the machines of attraction to maximize success for the species.

Interesting... I've always felt that long hair looked better on women b/c it had a more 'feminine' appearance to it. I've never been crazy about short hair but never really understood why, it's interesting to know what the natural (heh) reasons for that are.

2 people like this

Interesting... I've always felt that long hair looked better on women b/c it had a more 'feminine' appearance to it. I've never been crazy about short hair but never really understood why, it's interesting to know what the natural (heh) reasons for that are.

Yeah I haven't ever heard of the protein thing, either! It's interesting. Makes me wonder what my 'scientific reason' for being attracted to men with longer hair is all about. Of course all hair lengths can be attractive, but I always found this to be attractive and the longer the better. Maybe I'm stuck in warrior times.

What is "urban" hair??

Otherwise, as long as there is lots of it I'm happy! I don't really mind the colour, preferably whatever her natural colour is. 

Also, a woman's length of hair is a cue to how much extraneous protein can be produced by her to potentially manage growing a whole new person in her womb.

Very interesting. I know a girl who has to keep her hair cut because it grows so prolifically that its weight eventually gives her headaches........kinda jealous really.

What is "urban" hair??

Otherwise, as long as there is lots of it I'm happy! I don't really mind the colour, preferably whatever her natural colour is. 

Very interesting. I know a girl who has to keep her hair cut because it grows so prolifically that its weight eventually gives her headaches........kinda jealous really.

I have that issue. Ive heard of others with it, too. I think it has something to do with the added weight to the neck. I don't know.I've been trying to grow it long, again, because I like my hair long, but I think I might have to cut it shorter because I've been having a lot of headaches, and every time I cut it they subside.

1 person likes this