Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanceSingLove

I'm MARRIED!! 6-13-15. Our story :)

17 posts in this topic

My wedding was Saturday, and it was amazing! A very emotional day (and an extreme amount of stress between Wednesday and Saturday.. it was so bad. Most of this was because my husband and I live out of state from where we were getting married, so we had a lot of last minute stuff to do.)

I haven't shared this on the forums before, but my husband and I have a different story than a lot of others on here might. The main thing is that we have lived together for almost a year, the whole time being while we were engaged. This was not my first choice, but after being long distance for 5 years (2.5 hours apart my senior year of college, 3.5 hours apart from my freshman-junior year of college, and 7.5 half hour drive (or a short plane ride) away my senior year of college. I then had to do a 6 month unpaid internship and chose to move to the state he was living in and just could not see myself getting my own apartment when he already had his, and having to pay two rent's would definitely have been more stressful financially. We did continue to wait for marriage, obviously although I would say we were pretty close to being okay with "everything but" sex/oral sex. My husbands primary love language is physical touch which I figured out early on and it just did not work out well for us to not have any physical relationship for over 6 years. We didn't do anything besides kissing and holding hands the first year we were together, and at that point we had also been discussing marriage even though we knew we would not be able to get married for a quite a while (I was still a senior in HS). We eventually figured out what we were okay with and I was very stubborn into not letting it go past that. 

The wedding night was wonderful. It was very much worth the wait! A bit nerve wracking, very emotional (It has taken the past few days to just calm down and realize I don't have to stress over any wedding stuff anymore, and I was also running on very little sleep..) but it was perfect. Having already been pretty comfortable with each other, it also made it less weird the wedding night. I honestly can't imagine doing absolutely nothing and then doing everything all at once. 

Our honeymoon cruise ship leaves today! Can't wait :)

32 people like this

Congrats!  :D Your story reminds me a bit of my boyfriend and I: HS sweethearts, LDR for the entirety of college, taking a bit of an "unconventional" path for a waiter while still being very weird to non-waiters as well.  ;) Good to know that there is hope for people such as us. Have a great time on your honeymoon!

4 people like this

Congrats! Enjoy your honeymoon! You've both earned it.

2 people like this

Happy for you both. WTMs are the ones who will enjoy the honeymoon the most. Congratulations

Congratulations! Good to hear everything after ldr worked out.

1 person likes this

Aw congrats! Great to hear your story, have a great honeymoon!

1 person likes this

Congrats! I hope you have a wonderful and beautiful life together! :)

2 people like this

Congratulations! "The best things in life are worth waiting for" ;)

3 people like this

That's so beautiful! Congratulations!

2 people like this

Another inspiring story. Congratuations! Yeeeessss, you are married! Glow in it and may the Lord be with you and yours...blessings <3

1 person likes this