DHZ

Girls, would you like a guy like me?

21 posts in this topic

I tend to be very shy around people till I get to know them, but once I get to know them I start to open up a little.

I'm a Christian, Where I believe in a having a relationship with God.

I'm going to school for Game Design, which will also act as a computer science degree. I'm mostly so I tend to play video games(Mostly Japanese RPG where they are more story driven.), Anime(Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Thriller), play Magic: The Gathering, and listen to music(Mostly metal, and a little rock.) So I'm pretty much what you'd expect for a geek. I would be willing to try more stuff if it was with a girl I liked.

I also do stuff like laser tag and bowling.

I do have some other interest like psychology, culture, mythology, science, sci-fi science like string theory, parallel universe. Really, I do have a lot of interests I just choose to focus on God, programming, video games, and anime.

I tend to like staying in smaller groups without too much . In a more relaxed setting so it makes things easier to talk to people. I don't have a problem with loud things, but not when I'm trying to get know someone. I'm the type of guy that only needs a few friends to be happy, but at the same time I need to feel connected to people or I'll start getting lonely.

Personality type wise, I'm a mix of ISFP and ISFJ.

My type 2 love languages are touch and quality time.

4 people like this

Nothing bad about your personality my friend !!! just know that there is always a match whos sharing the same interest and you are never the only one thinking the way you do !! 

4 people like this

We have almost nothing in common, but you sound awesome...and, considering I don't care about commonalities, sure. Given the right circumstances...you know, time, age, attraction, location... You sound like a cool, intelligent, guy, with a lot going for you. :)

1 person likes this

Lol at Photo Girl, I was thinking the same thing. Not much in common. Im not into video games... though I like to watch all the cool graphics they have now a day. But a person who is different than you is actually a good thing. I see nothing wrong with ur personally from the little I have read about you. You seem pretty well rounded, like several activites. More introverted I think, but nothing wrong with that. Finding people are hard, trust me I know... dating sucks, but I am determined. You should stay determined too, never give up, never surrender. (Anyone know the movie, lol). What is the social scene like where u are, are there many singles available, perhaps u need to look into a bigger selection?

1 person likes this

You sound pretty cool to me :) I don't think I've ever met anyone into anime and gaming but also religious... Interesting.

never give up, never surrender. (Anyone know the movie, lol).

Galaxy Quest. Years since I have seen that movie.

I really like that quote, though.

1 person likes this

Based on the information you've given, I would say yes, I can like a guy like you. But I think it would be better to have more information concerning your flaws. Sincerely, I no longer get interested in a person just for his various qualities. I will need to know if I can stand his flaws on the long run.

God bless you.

2 people like this

And of course when I do try talking to a girls. Nothing obviously goes, whether it's because she has a boyfriend, or she just gets distracted by someone else talking. And I tried it twice with her.

You sound like an interesting person, but attraction isn't about your like, talent or religion. What's important is that you show women that you have a strong and loving heart: then there's no reason you couldn't find a match. But you must remember: some women will never be attracted to you and you can't push them.

1 person likes this

I agree with scatterheart. Try to find someone who will find you attractive regardless of your personality, religion or education. I am sure you will find her !!!

2 people like this

Still having one of those night where I really wonder if I'm gonna be alone forever.

1 person likes this

I was actually able to talk to a girl at church today, and she said more than a few words to me. Though sadly, another guy walked in and started talking to her. I though he was her boyfriend or something, so I went away. Though I did friend her on facebook, and it turns out that she's single.

For me the whole 'guy/girl like me' thing is irrelevant. The reason why? Because no one is a 'guy like you' except for you. Each one of us is unique. I could make a list of my qualities and interests and chances are it would be the same as that of many other people. The things that make us special and unique are the way these traits manifest within ourselves.

So the answer is yes there is definitely at the very least one (and for me one is more than enough if it's the right person) girl out there who will love you for you. Not for the characteristics you posses or the hobbies you have but for the person you are above and beyond all of that.

As far as the girls who aren't interested, if they aren't captivated by you then they're not the one anyway. And it only takes one, one special person who would love you. Not just any guy like you, she wants you. It will happen, just give her some time to find you.

5 people like this

Still having one of those night where I really wonder if I'm gonna be alone forever.

I think most people (waiting or not) have these nights, days, weeks, months, years where they think it's just never going to happen. I understand you are a religious person. To be religious you need to have a massive amount of faith in whichever deity you choose to follow. This faith is therefore within you, now you just apply it to your future. You need to have faith that you won't be alone forever, that one day you will be loved by someone who is worthy of your love in return. It will happen, just keep the faith. At the very least know that you aren't alone in this feeling and that nothing actually lasts forever. 

4 people like this

I was actually able to talk to a girl at church today, and she said more than a few words to me. Though sadly, another guy walked in and started talking to her. I though he was her boyfriend or something, so I went away. Though I did friend her on facebook, and it turns out that she's single.

If you are feeling confident, you might try asking the lady you like the following question if you are interrupted again.  "Is this guy borin' yuh?  Why don't you talk to me instead?"  Smile a smug ear-to-ear grin while you ask.  If I understand correctly, you were the one with the bodybuilder physique.  So you have nothing to lose from that "c***-blocker" (the colloquial term) with that kind of confidence.  Just remember, you are asking HER if she wants to keep talking with you instead of him.

"Go get'er..."

XD

1 person likes this

And of course when I do try talking to a girls. Nothing obviously goes, whether it's because she has a boyfriend, or she just gets distracted by someone else talking. And I tried it twice with her.

Why does it have to be from your area dude . Sounds like you have struck the fancy of some of the ladies here ;)

Why not pursue that further ;)