Amber Elizabeth

How many weddings have you been to?

28 posts in this topic

Since this is a site about marriage, I'm sure at least some of us have been to at least one wedding so far.

So how many weddings (besides your own if you're a married waiter) have you been to?

I've only been to one so far. When I was a kid, I went to someone's wedding with my parents and younger brother, I don't even know who's wedding it was, I think it was someone from whatever church we were going to at the time (Or at least someone related to someone from church). But I wasn't there for the actual ceremony. When it was time for the ceremony, my brother and I left with our dad, and we picked up some McDonald's. But we came back after the ceremony was done.

And that's enough weddings for one lifetime. Hopefully nobody invites me to their wedding cause I'm not interested in being bored to death for several hours. I wouldn't have anything to wear or even know what I'm supposed to wear to a wedding anyway.  :P

1 person likes this

10 weddings in my life. In 1 I was a bridesmaid, in 1 I was the maid of honor and in one I was a candle lighter. 

I love weddings! :)

3 people like this

I've been to a few, the last one I went to was a couple weeks ago when my cousin got married.

1 person likes this

I went to my first-ever wedding just two months ago: my brother's. :) But it was just a quick city hall + dinner thing so it was lacking much of the "pomp" of traditional weddings.

This is the first time I have ever counted them up. I think it's about 26 (that I can remember at this point) they have ranged from being in the living room of a house to at a country club, or being in a mountain resort town, or a friend's back yard.

I have a lot of cousins, many of them still not married yet. I've only been a bridesmaid once.

My rules for what to wear:

1. Don't wear anything with a solid white or cream colour on it

2. Always wear dress shoes (and being a second, more comfortable pair for later)

3. Always look at the invitation to see what you are supposed to wear, usually it will give you a clue (backyard BBQ is going to be different than a black tie affair)

4. Make sure it's comfortable, because you have to wear it all day

5. Bring a dress jacket and/or a dressy scarf. I almost always get cold, whether it's the cool of the night or the AC in the car or reception hall

I've been to about eight weddings and have been a bridesmaid three times. Really hope the saying 'three times a bridesmaid, never a bride' doesn't come true!  :blink:

1 person likes this

About 10 or 11:

4 of my older siblings all got married in a time span of 3 years. Yeah, my poor parents ;)

Then i was invited to 2 other weddings as a date where I actually didn't know the people getting hitched. On the first of these both the bride and groom were 34 years old and knew each other 3 months before getting engaged. 

I also went to possibly 3 of my cousins' weddings (I was little during some of them so I can't remember them all). One of my cousins got married 2 years ago with a Greek lady so I got to throw plates \:D/ Also when a grand cousin of mine got married I was the "sound boy" in church. 

And the last wedding I went to was in Indonesia 3 weeks ago when the company sent me there for work. It was a lady that worked for the same company. It is the first Muslim wedding I went to. 

About a dozen.  I tried counting them up, but I feel like I'm missing a few.  I come from a big family, plus now that I'm older, a lot of my peers are now getting married, so the weddings add up quickly!

Seven, and I have two weddings to attend this summer/spring. I attempt to attend all that I am invited to, but sometimes I can't make it to some of my out of state family members weddings.

I was a maid of honor & flower girl. Not in the same wedding of course :)

I've lost count of how many,i have a lot of cousins.

One was my oldest sister's I was the flower girl, when I was 5

Another was my second sister as a petition reader, when I was 14

Been to two friends weddings,nearly caught the bouquet at both.

Farthest wedding was my cousin in south Carolina.

About a dozen.

wow.... :blink:

I've been a groomsman in 1, at the ceremony of 2, and at the reception for another 1 which I hardly remember because I was a young kid...

1 person likes this

I don't think I've been to all that many. I can remember (I think) two from when I was a kid. In the past few years, I've been to three (I think), but all three of them were as part of my choir (we also sang at the reception of a fourth).

I literally can't think of any family weddings. My second-cousin got married a little while ago, but it happened abroad so I wasn't there. There are only a few people in my family who are at or approaching the "typical" marrying age, so I'd expect to see several coming up in the next few years.

xxx

I can remember five, the first of which I was a ring bearer in. I have an invite to a sixth in a couple months. This will be the first one where I don't know anybody...except the bride, who is my friend (she's why I got invited ha ha). I'm contemplating wearing a dark suit and sunglasses and being a James Bond like figure. I'll crack my most mysterious and charming smile and be like: "Yeah, I can't stay long. Gotta jump out of a plain over the Reine in four hours..." ;)

2 people like this

Just one, so far. My mother's. :P Kinda strange, I'm sure

She got married to another man last week. He's a really good guy though :) especially for my half-sister, which means a lot to me, since her real father ran away before she was born.

I've attended 3 (two different uncles, and my brother...I think) and I was in 1(my best friend at the time) and I photographed 1(my cousin).

I've been to enough to the point where I don't want to go any more unless it's my own :P

2 people like this

The latest wedding I was at was my sister's wedding in NYC central park on April fool's day earlier this month.

1 person likes this

I think I've been to about 7 or more weddings. Relatives, friends, I've been a date at weddings of people I didn't know and I've been an usher in a couple.

1 person likes this