Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnonymousSilver

Purity Ring

6 posts in this topic

I'm wearing my purity ring to remind me of my commitment to God, to be pure not only by being abstain from sex but also to try my best to not break His laws. While I was doing my research before I decided to wear my purity ring, I noticed some people seemed to really hate the fact that some people wear purity ring. I know far well that the ring doesn't make me magically 'pure' and I want to wear one because it reminds me of what I have committed myself into. What about you guys? What do you think about purity ring? And if you wear one why do you? 

I think they are great. The only thing is if you end up having sex outside of marriage just follow through and take it off. I have known too many girls who had one and then wouldn't take it off after they slept around. It doesn't work like that. One other note, as a dude I will say if I'm thinking about hitting on a girl or asking her out on a date I typically won't if I see a ring just to be safe. But then again that's only if I don't know them enough to know whether they are single or not. But yeah all in all I think they are awesome.

4 people like this

While I was doing my research before I decided to wear my purity ring, I noticed some people seemed to really hate the fact that some people wear purity ring.

It seems like those people tend to fall into two distinct categories.

1. People who associate it with any of the following: girls being pressured to sign purity pledges at a young age, daddy/daughter purity balls, girls being pressured into abstinence more than boys, abstinence-only sex ed.

2. People who think WTM is stupid so why would anyone ever want to advertise it?

Personally I think they're kinda nice so long as it was the girl's own free choice to wear one.  :) Even started a thread here asking for some ring pics! I never wore a purity ring myself due to their heavy religious connotations.

I personally don't feel the need to have a purity ring. While its not something I'm ashamed of, my virginity is something personal. I do want to set an example to Christian girls that I'm wtm, and with God's strength and guidance I will do so by the way I live my life. Like David wrote in psalm 119, my prayer is that God would hide His Word in my heart so that I won't sin against Him.

1 person likes this

While I don't necessarily hate purity rings, my problem with them is I read the majority of teens that get one don't follow through. I don't feel you should need to advertise either. Also, it's not something Biblical, it started in the 90's.

1 person likes this

I had a purity ring as a pre teen. My parents forced it on me. I knew plenty of people who wore purity rings, necklace, bracelet and they were having oral or vaginal sex. It was just for show. To me a purity ring doesn't mean anything. A person's motivation comes from within. It's also no one's else business that I'm a virgin.

1 person likes this