7 posts in this topic

Has anyone else thought it would be kinda cool to have some local or national meet up?

Like a social event. I went to a Japanese Japanese/English meet up once in London and met some cool Japanese people and got to practice my language skills it was just in this pub.

I think a WTM meet up would be cool not only to make like minded friends but Maybe more.

I mean some people suggest that waiter's look for potential waiting/virgin partners at religious events and churches etc but obviously not all of us are religious. Then there are some dating sites like e harmony and pof that organise singles nights but I'm sure I'm not the only one worried that most people at those are looking for sex or at least expecting more intimacy then perhaps the average WTMer is looking for. Plus no one believes/understands on those sites when you say you want to make friends I think knowing that the others at a meet up were WTM I'd be more relaxed then at some dating singles party. Anyone else?

I just think could be a good social experience

4 people like this

Hi! Yes, I also think it's a great idea to meet people but it seems to be tricky because of different locations. It's pretty international. Still a great idea though! 

I was thinking we could have like a UK one in Birmingham or London and what ever state most densely populated with waiters could have one and then capitals for any other countries where there's a decent amount of interest users.

Like I say I'd be willing to travel to my capital to meet some new peeps :)

2 people like this

I've met a couple folks from the site over the couple years I've been a member.

And let me say, it's been really cool and adds a new level of closeness when you're friends with someone via technology, then actually meet that person(s).

I've also attended a couple trade events with another web community I've highly involved with due to my career.

And again I can say that it's great to hangout with like minded folks.

Being able to talk about things without constant explanation, and clarification on topics, but just 'getting it'.

So yes, I've stated the above to say I agree a meeting or event would be a terrific idea.

We should really some support behind this idea and get the ball rolling in the right direction.

3 people like this

Good idea. May I propose NSW Australia? You all can bring your camping gear and camp out on my parent's farm. Only 10km dirt road and plenty of lantana to clear - I hear working together adds new levels to relationships  :D 

Seriously though, maybe someone can add a google maps or something to the site where members can pin their approximate locations. Would make finding clusters easier....

3 people like this

Oh yes, that maybe possible! How sbout here in Barcelona Spain? :))

1 person likes this

Good idea. May I propose NSW Australia? You all can bring your camping gear and camp out on my parent's farm. Only 10km dirt road and plenty of lantana to clear - I hear working together adds new levels to relationships :D

Seriously though, maybe someone can add a google maps or something to the site where members can pin their approximate locations. Would make finding clusters easier....

There is a map on here somewhere to that effect. Shows concentration of hits to the site I think

http://waitingtillmarriage.org/the-virgin-map/