Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boots

What is your escape?

18 posts in this topic

Life isnt always perfect obviously. Sometimes we get a little down at times. What is your escape from the reality of a stressful life (especially considering when wtm is not exactly fulfilling until it happens, if ever). I personally just bought a Camaro as a project (not that fancy) but it is important to understand that money and things dont buy happiness. But sometimes its necessary to let loose once in a while.

"Your Happy Place" Happy Gilmore

Im excited to hear your answers! 

2 people like this

My escape is swimming - I recently bought a waterproof music player and just listen to that and zone out by doing laps.  I find it so meditative and it really helps me to deal with any stress or anxiety I may have.

3 people like this

Thats pretty cool 29K. I really don't have an escape. If im stressed I normally do whatever in that particular moment to relieve stress. Can be taking a nap, hanging with friends, music, church or maybe taking a shot.... or 4.

My day-to-day escape is probably the Internet.

However, when things have really been piling up, sometimes I'll take a mini road trip. Just drive out into the country for about 2 hours, stop for a bit, then turn around and come back. Nothing like blasting great music while sailing down the open road, with the place where all your problems are located disappearing behind you. I could also do this in NYC by taking a Metro-North train to the end of the line, then coming back.

5 people like this

Mine is cars. No matter how rough or stressful anything gets, there's always videos to watch, things to read, and places to drive.

1 person likes this

It all depends really. In certain moods i'll write poetry and in other moods i'll do some photography.

My main two escapes are knitting, and sitting outside and watching the chickens play. If I am actually upset about something to the point that I have to let out steam I go jogging, or clean.

3 people like this

Going to the gym, writing, listening to music, reading inspirational quotes food :D

2 people like this

I am not a stressful person but I work out in the gym 5 days a week and always leave with my friends to random places almost everyday. I also love cruising and everyone in our group loves speeding over 120km/h, and sometimes we are doing street races. I especially love going out at night. My friends and cousins are nyctophiliacs, so it is ideal for me :D

They are very costly activities, but it's worth it. :P

We usually chill out on the side of the giant waterway of Antwerp, doing BBQs while someone plays his guitar, till sunset, then we gather at someones home to lay in the couch to either watch a movie or play something on the ps4 till we fall asleep.

Aside from these activities, I usually play on my guitar and baglama alone or with friends when it's a calm day.

I was also a music teacher until some months ago.

Before sleeping, I do read a lot, to catch up with the news in Belgium and Turkey, and sometimes, from around the world, then I read a book or continue working on writing my book till I fall asleep.

Oh I also love to spend time with my son, it's a one year old cat. I'm proud that I'm his father. I'd burn the world if anyone tried to castrate him. God shaped him like that and it's NOT our right to take away the nature or a private part of a living being without their consent, just to please our ego. I taught him not to scratch on anything, and to spray outside. He only stays in my arms and accepts my hand when stroking his belly.

It is our responsibility to live with cats the way they are. It is OUR responsibility to teach them these things instead of ruthlessly cutting of their private parts and degrade them into a mere tool.

These are not really an escape, but it's how I spend my days. Stress rarely comes to mind during these moments, I hope that's an answer to your question.

1 person likes this

If I'm ever in a really bad mood and I just need to do something, I often just run around my block, or I'll get myself focused on some task which requires the bulk of my mental power, like studying math.

1 person likes this

Mostly I find escape, or flow, in writing. I also draw or paint but have been doing that less these last couple years. When I'm too depressed to be creative, I listen to music and exercise. Admittedly, sometimes I just veg out in front of a really inane TV show. Coffee, too. It's comforting.

2 people like this

My escape:

Some All Time Low, We the Kings, and Logic for my music!

Besides music I love a great workout out be it at the gym or just out jogging (also while listening to music!)

Watching Eric Thomas and Les Brown videos on YouTube. If you ever need motivation look these guys up they are true inspirations like no other.

However, when things have really been piling up, sometimes I'll take a mini road trip. Just drive out into the country for about 2 hours, stop for a bit, then turn around and come back. Nothing like blasting great music while sailing down the open road, with the place where all your problems are located disappearing behind you.

I'm with you on this one. Love driving just for the sake of driving. Although I can't afford to do it every time I get stressed I did do it a few months ago. Worked great. Felt amazing.

Just me, my music and 100 miles of the twisty blue ridge parkway going full throttle after every corner!

1 person likes this

It kinda depends on how bad it is. Usually, I escape into my artwork or a world I am creating in a novel. Sometimes poetry is more comforting to write.

If it is really bad, I'll call a close friend. Talking to someone who cares about me helps with the loneliness.

1 person likes this

It's really weird but... Japan. And vlogs. And Japan vlogs. Everything about Japanese manga and games and the language and culture and traditions seems like Escapism to me... Probably because I wasn't born there lol and so it's quite an escape from my life. If I was born there, my escape would probably be elsewhere, haha. And Americans who vlog from there always have lot of interesting anecdotes and discoveries they've made :)

Also games that you can d*** about in and have a lot of freedom, those are always cathartic. It's fun to break the rules lol, open world, running about and punching random people and jumping off mountains.