'tis the Bearded One

Social Bias Against Men

27 posts in this topic

Diverting somewhat from Queen's thread on spousal abuse, I wanted to share these three clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HMhSvnbmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgvHY--xeC4#t=155

What are your thoughts? Have you experienced first hand unacceptable bias against men?  Do you consider it a largely inevitable result of trying to create gender equality - i.e. the pendulum swinging from one to the other till hopefully it settles in the middle? Do you believe it exists in the first place?

2 people like this

This really upset me. I always say that people always focus on the abuse men give women but women are just as bad or maybe even worse. Some women actually ask for the abuse as do men but it doesn't make it right regardless. That Dr. Is amazing and I agree with her. And yes there is a huge bias against men.

9 people like this

When I was about twelve or thirteen years old, my dad and I were leaving the church's parking lot when we saw a man laying on the ground being beat on by a woman who was sitting on top of him. Being the police officer that he is, my dad immediately parked back in the parking lot and ran over to them. This was when I first realized men can be abused too.

12 people like this

I think I've mentioned this somewhere else on this site, but I'll repeat it here: a few years ago, a male friend called me saying that his wife had been drinking heavily and severely abused him. This was not the only time this had happened. He eventually left her but he needed a lot of help from family and friends because he was afraid of his wife. The worst part was that he was ashamed because his wife beating him up made him feel emasculated and embarrassed. I think that's why a lot of men might not report the abuse they have faced. 

Similarly, when I was in college, all freshman had to attend a mandatory seminar on abusive dating. One criminal justice professor told his story: his ex-wife had a drug problem and had gotten violent with him, but he didn't report it because it made him feel embarrassed that as a police officer at the time, he thought that his colleagues at work would view him as weak. No one should ever feel like they can't report abuse due to shame or anything of the sort. In our society we still unfairly expect men to "suck it up," but that is not ok, especially when someone is in a situation of abuse. 

Also, I found this: http://www.saveservices.org/2012/02/cdc-study-more-men-than-women-victims-of-partner-abuse/

The study is from several years ago, but still relevant. 

10 people like this

I know a guy that once got arrested for defending himself against his ex-gf. during a fight or something she came at him with a knife and he fought her off mildly at first but the bytch wouldn't back down so he knocked her a$$ out.

some women take advantage of the fact that the justice system will go easy on them and so they push boundaries and try to get away with shyt like this.

men: it's perfectly reasonable to physically defend yourself against a crazy a$$ bytch coming at you with a knife. if I were the judge, I would let you walk away like this wouldn't even be an issue I would even make the bytch pay up for causing distress, or damaging your property (if she slashed any of your car tyres or anything like that) lol. if I'm not your judge however, good luck. you're gonna need it unfortunately.

5 people like this

What are your thoughts? Have you experienced first hand unacceptable bias against men?  Do you consider it a largely inevitable result of trying to create gender equality - i.e. the pendulum swinging from one to the other till hopefully it settles in the middle? Do you believe it exists in the first place?

The worst part was that he was ashamed because his wife beating him up made him feel emasculated and embarrassed. I think that's why a lot of men might not report the abuse they have faced. 

In our society we still unfairly expect men to "suck it up," but that is not ok, especially when someone is in a situation of abuse. 

JesSea's post illustrates a point I think counters Bearded One's theory. I believe that men being ashamed of being abused is a function of patriarchy, not a result of feminism. Afterall, the reason that men feel emasculated to report abuse is because, according to a patriarchal mindset, they should be able to put any woman who is acting up in her place. A man's inability to overpower a woman is, according to that mindset, an incredible personal failure.  It's not like in 1950 a man would've felt any more confidant in his ability to report being abused by his wife -- if anything, it would be far far worse for him back in those days. That's because the more society believes women to be inherently inferior to men, the worse it appears to be for a man to be unable to conquer them.

4 people like this

One thing that just really angers me to no end is when people believe  that there is no such thing as a male being raped. Apparently it's based on the idea that as men, we're automatically supposed to like and enjoy any kind of sexual contact. So it's not considered rape since we "always want it." If you believe in that, you have no heart and are not a human being. What that is insinuating is that men are slaves to our sexual desires and that we do not have any kind of dignity or sense of personal boundaries whatsoever. Even by those who acknowledge men as rape victims, it doesn't always get treated with the same seriousness as women victims. This is wrong. Rape or any kind of sexual crime should be treated as equally serious no matter the sex of the victim. 

I know a guy that once got arrested for defending himself against his ex-gf. during a fight or something she came at him with a knife and he fought her off mildly at first but the bytch wouldn't back down so he knocked her a$$ out.

some women take advantage of the fact that the justice system will go easy on them and so they push boundaries and try to get away with shyt like this.

One of my friend's had an ex-wife who was like this. She wasn't physically abusive but she emotionally abused him. She threatened to cheat on him, which that alone makes it not unreasonable to assume she actually did, but then again, there was no solid proof. She would withhold sex from him for controlling reasons. On top of that, one night she got so insane that she threatened to injure herself and blame it on him to the cops, knowing that she could play the system in her favor. Normally, I would advocate working out the marriage if at all possible, but this was too far. He could have ended up in prison on a false charge if he didn't leave. His ex-wife was simply psychotic. smh.

men: it's perfectly reasonable to physically defend yourself against a crazy a$$ bytch coming at you with a knife. if I were the judge, I would let you walk away like this wouldn't even be an issue I would even make the bytch pay up for causing distress, or damaging your property (if she slashed any of your car tyres or anything like that) lol. if I'm not your judge however, good luck. you're gonna need it unfortunately.

Make no mistake, if anyone, male or female, has the intention and the opportunity to endanger my life, they will get shot. I would rather get judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

8 people like this

What would this thread be without a mention of the Duke Lacrosse case?

Those poor guys got dragged through the mud by a corrupt legal system, and the prosecutor knew it was all a lie. But he pressed forward with the case because he needed a big case in an election year.  After this is all revealed, they decide they are not going to press charges against the woman. She later gets sent to prison for murder. Social bias at its best.

Also, what can be said about the extremely biased divorce court system? The system is so stacked against the men that many of them are too terrified to even consider getting married.

4 people like this

JesSea's post illustrates a point I think counters Bearded One's theory. I believe that men being ashamed of being abused is a function of patriarchy, not a result of feminism. Afterall, the reason that men feel emasculated to report abuse is because, according to a patriarchal mindset, they should be able to put any woman who is acting up in her place. A man's inability to overpower a woman is, according to that mindset, an incredible personal failure.  It's not like in 1950 a man would've felt any more confidant in his ability to report being abused by his wife -- if anything, it would be far far worse for him back in those days. That's because the more society believes women to be inherently inferior to men, the worse it appears to be for a man to be unable to conquer them.

Indeed that is a part of it I believe. Though I don't think the patriarchy hold all the blame in this regard. But then that diverts into the proper/real feminism vs fundamentalist feminism debate...

Also, what can be said about the extremely biased divorce court system? The system is so stacked against the men that many of them are too terrified to even consider getting married.

Indeed, I've heard this aswell. But also because it is a product of the patriarchy - as in men are supposed to be providers not childminders (http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/08/bias-against-fathers/). At least in regard to custody cases. Not too familiar with other divorce proceedings stuff. Unfortunately the patriarchy can also disadvantage men  <_<...(and women of course).... 

2 people like this

At least in regard to custody cases. Not too familiar with other divorce proceedings stuff. Unfortunately the patriarchy can also disadvantage men  <_<...(and women of course).... 

I think this is a particularly important part of the article you linked to:

"In fact, the majority of custody settlements â€“ even those that favor the mother â€“ are reached by mutual agreements outside of the courtroom.

That means that both parties agree in these situations that the mother should have custody.

This is also an unfair manifestation of patriarchal gender expectations in marriage – and those expectations are self-imposed."

Most couples voluntarily agree to do the standard custody arrangement that leaves the kids with the mother much of the time. I've actually heard that if fathers sue for more custody, they are fairly likely to get it, because our standards for good fatherhood are quite lower than our standards for good motherhood.

In my experience, divorce courts simply favor whichever spouse is more willing to throw their ex-life-partner and co-parent of their children completely and utterly under the bus. For every anecdotal story about an ex-wife taking their ex-husband to the cleaner's, I can give you an example of an ex-husband who used the courts to destroy their ex-wife. Divorce is awful no matter which way you swing it.

1 person likes this

Diverting somewhat from Queen's thread on spousal abuse

[. . .]

My thread on spousal abuse does not mention MEN abusing WOMEN.  It simply talks about spousal abuse in either direction!  Though, highlighting and bringing awareness to the fact that some women are violently abused and mistreated by some men is not denying that men can also be abused by women.  The statement simply does not mention it at all, so it especially cannot deny it.  Both women and men (and girls and boys) can be abused.  BUT women are physically abused at a rate way higher than men are physically abused by women.  A woman and her son were just shot in my local area because she wanted to be free from her boyfriend who had kidnapped her and locked her in a box for 4 months.  Women in the United States die EVERY DAY from an intimate partner.  Do men have statistics such as that? 

Sure, men can be abused too. Absolutely true.  But trying to quiet the fact that women are abused at an alarming rate in our society is also disturbing and is certainly NOT bias against men.  Having men stand up and state that it is not okay to abuse women is exactly how to confront the bias against men! 

1 person likes this

My thread on spousal abuse does not mention MEN abusing WOMEN.  It simply talks about spousal abuse in either direction!  

Hence the "diverting". Since two of the clips address the issue of spousal abuse I simply wanted to give your thread credit. I thought of posting it under your thread but thought it best not to since this thread is looking at social bias beyond only domestic violance issues. If you want I am happy to take the reference down.

Women in the United States die EVERY DAY from an intimate partner.  Do men have statistics such as that? 

And that is shocking. Women's higher representation in (at least more severe cases of) abuse is a reason to devote resources more towards women than men. It does not excuse however sidelining male issues and potentially thus allowing male representation to increase till its a similarly equal representation. Money spent in prevention will do a lot more good in the long run than if that same amount was invested for the cure.

I'm not familiar with stats in the US but here is one from an Australian newspaper: "And while one woman dies on average each week as a result of domestic violence, men are not far behind; for them it is one on average every ten days." (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/the-hermit/qa-domestic-violence-program-ignored-male-victims-20150224-13o5l0.html)

Consider this video. Simply. Disgusting. And a good representation of this whole issue.

Sure, men can be abused too. Absolutely true.  But trying to quiet the fact that women are abused at an alarming rate in our society is also disturbing and is certainly NOT bias against men.  Having men stand up and state that it is not okay to abuse women is exactly how to confront the bias against men! 

I agree, though I'd say men standing up and speaking against abuse of women only indirectly assists the bias against men. Depending on its form it may even perpetuate the bias against men - as in "real men don't abuse" can fall easily within the framework of "a real man wouldn't be abused". Where have I tried to quiet the abuse against females or suggested that it is bias against men?? 

2 people like this

I feel bad for men who are raped by women. Especially if she's "hot" people are going to ask why didn't he want it. If a man went to the police to file a rape report people wouldn't take it seriously. Our society is fucked up. Men and women can be abused. Men and women can be abusers. I also hate when women lie about being raped but then they find out she lied nothing happens to her.

8 people like this

Yes, there is a gender bias against men, and there is also a gender bias against women.  I guess we just live in a society where we pick on each other.  Bullies exist.  Quieters exist. 

My problem is I have high expectations of men, and they don't tend to live up to them.  During a tragedy, when has a man been there for me?  Nope, only when they wanted to be my boyfriend.  Women, feminists, they were there for me.  I believe there are good men out there though.  But I do think there are a lot of bad ones that are "louder" than the good ones.  The good ones aren't in the news or in the movies!  I think men should be taking a stand on more moral issues.  We need men.  But where are they?  Or is my definition of men is what is erroneous? Maybe envisioning them as super heroes is the problem.  Maybe they are really just ordinary people. And there have been men that have helped me who didn't want anything in return.  I just think there should be more of those.

Also, in regards to the very first post and second video, did anyone notice that when that man was abusing the woman, he actually had her pinned at a couple of different points.   When the woman abused the man, she just pushed him around, he was stronger and more free to get away. 

1 person likes this

http://www.brobible.com/life/article/girl-beats-up-guy-over-phone/?utm_source=FBTraffic&utm_medium=downfire&utm_campaign=CMfacebook   if it was the other way around...oh boy

edit:  

so i was trying to find an article on if a male child and female adult both claim they were raped by the other who they choose and then i found this instead

rape victims have to pay child support??? wat da hailll  

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/02/statutory-rape-victim-child-support/14953965/    

1 person likes this

On 5/21/2015 at 4:45 AM, 'tis the Bearded One said:

What are your thoughts? Have you experienced first hand unacceptable bias against men?

Wow this is an interesting thread.  I live in the US so this societal issue might be different in other countries. Also, this kind of stuff can differ in the US depending on where you live…That being said, I think there certainly can be double standards

BTW that video with Sharon was disgusting and I could not watch all of it….from what I did see, those cackling hyenas were appalling in every measurable way…

Anyway, my friends gf was a soccer player and she had a really bad temper. One day she lost it and badly beat him. This happened outside while my friends and I were all indoors playing music and games. My neighbors witnessed the assault and called the cops. She kicked him straight in the testicles, he dropped to the ground, she continued to kick him while he was down, and then repeatedly punched him in the face with her hand that had all her rings. His face was a mess from her rings and the concreate and his eye swelled shut after 15 min. This was all because she was jealous his ex gf from 5 years ago…she thought he loved her more because she was prettier…wow

Two male cops showed up and looked at him while he was still crying from the ordeal and said “Jeezes where’s the other guy that did that to you?” She confessed everything to the cops and they started laughing and said well you can’t do that anymore and left………….Yeah that’s one hell of a double standard…..We all looked at each other scratching our heads.

I can guarantee if the roles were reversed he would have been booked and have a criminal record.

On 5/28/2015 at 0:55 PM, Queen said:

Also, in regards to the very first post and second video, did anyone notice that when that man was abusing the woman, he actually had her pinned at a couple of different points.   When the woman abused the man, she just pushed him around, he was stronger and more free to get away. 

Completely agree with you. She needed to restrain him and then start hitting him or she needed to choke him. The guy kinda ruined the second part of that experiment.  However, I still think people would react pretty much the same… Unless if the guy was handicap in some way…which is messed up on both accounts.

On 5/22/2015 at 10:31 PM, Invincible said:

One thing that just really angers me to no end is when people believe  that there is no such thing as a male being raped.

I am assuming you’re talking about females raping males and not male on male rape? If so, that is crazy how some people think men can’t be raped by women. Albeit it is probably rarer for a lot of reasons but none the less it certainly happens, here are two different ways where women raped men and both were prosecuted. The second video explains well how this can happen and why it’s wrong.

3 people like this

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_gender.jsp

93.3% of Usas prisoners are male , but despite that

https://www.aclu.org/other/facts-about-over-incarceration-women-united-states

people defending the over incarceration of women lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_of_women_in_the_United_States

Because many states have only one female facility, in comparison to having numerous men’s facilities, women are forced to stay in that one specific facility.[19] Women do not have the option of transferring to another facility like men do and they “experience additional deprivations” as they do not have the option to transfer in cases of problematic issues with other inmates or work staff or in cases of desiring to be closer to home.[19] Women have fewer visits from their children, which is influenced by the fact that women facilities are limited and located mostly in rural areas far from women’s hometowns.[19] When men are in prison, their female partners may take the kids to visit him.[19] However, due to the statistics on the many of women prisoners being the primary caregivers of children, usually another female family member will take care of her children.[19]

The number of women on death row is significantly less than the number of men, women make up only 2% death row as of 2013.[20] All the women on death row in the past two centuries committed murder, with the exception of Ethel Rosenberg who was sentenced to death for espionage. Women on death row have a relatively low chance of actually being executed: there have only been 571 documented executions from 1632 to 2012.[21] Currently, about half of the women on death row are in the top five states for death row sentencing (California, Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Ohio). Although California is the top state for death sentences, no woman has been executed since 1962.[21]

8 hours ago, StarGate SG1 said:

Anyway, my friends gf was a soccer player and she had a really bad temper. One day she lost it and badly beat him. This happened outside while my friends and I were all indoors playing music and games. My neighbors witnessed the assault and called the cops. She kicked him straight in the testicles, he dropped to the ground, she continued to kick him while he was down, and then repeatedly punched him in the face with her hand that had all her rings. His face was a mess from her rings and the concreate and his eye swelled shut after 15 min. This was all because she was jealous his ex gf from 5 years ago…she thought he loved her more because she was prettier…wow

Two male cops showed up and looked at him while he was still crying from the ordeal and said “Jeezes where’s the other guy that did that to you?” She confessed everything to the cops and they started laughing and said well you can’t do that anymore and left………….Yeah that’s one hell of a double standard…..We all looked at each other scratching our heads.

What. The. Crap? I don't care if she is a woman, if I was beaten in the same way your friend's ex gf did, I would have pull out a gun and shoot her. The moment someone becomes violent towards me is the moment they become a threat to my life. Male or female have no relevance anymore.

Your friend's ex gf should have been locked up in a cage for assault and those worthless "cops" deserve to have their badges and jobs taken away. This is exactly the kind of double standard that sickens me to no end. When a man beats a woman, we all rush to her defense and the man is made out to be the devil, which he is. But when a man gets hurt by a woman, people think he must have done something to deserve it. Better yet, let's all laugh at him being beaten by a woman (we all know people suffering is just so hilarious. smh). Because he's expected to "man up" and "quite crying." You can just Youtube numerous staged social experiments in public and see the stark difference in the way people react to a man being pushed around vs a woman.

I remember watching the movie Wedding Crashers. Isla Fischer's character is a psychotically needy and overly attached to Vince Vaughn's character to the point she ties him out to a bed and has sex with him against his will. This scene was supposed to be funny, because of course we all know rape is such a laughing matter. But because he's a man, it's all good. We all know men can't be raped because we always want it, right [sarcasm]?  The next day, he is just seen as mildly annoyed by what's happened rather than severely traumatized by sexual assault. Sadly this sort of thing is very prevalent in Hollywood and society in general. But good Lord, could you imagine if the roles were reverse? If a man tied up a woman and raped her and portrayed that as funny, it would generate so much outrage and the producers would be crucified by the media and feminist groups.

These people are absolute frauds. Heartless and hypocritical frauds. Rape and brutal assault are never a laughing matter. Period.

8 hours ago, StarGate SG1 said:

I am assuming you’re talking about females raping males and not male on male rape? If so, that is crazy how some people think men can’t be raped by women.

Yes I am and it most definitely is crazy people think that. Because of the stigma behind male rape victims, men are less likely to report it because most people won't believe them. Again, it gets dismissed because "a man should enjoy it" or his masculinity is chastised. I even know of one male rape victim who was cruelly subjected to his "friends'" jokes about them questioning his sexuality because he didn't enjoy the rape. These people deserve a sledgehammer to the teeth.

It's great that there are lots of resources and shelters for women who are sexually assaulted. But there are hardly any resources for men. This needs to change because we need to start taking male victims just as seriously as women victims.

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Invincible said:

What. The. Crap? I

Yeah she found some old letters, emails, and pictures + her bad tempter = bad news. The cops were from an older generations so that could have had something to do with it.

You know when I was in college I knew only a few girls that when they got mad would physically hit people or say truly, horrible things. I always wondered if they would act like that if there was no double standard in society? Think about it from their prospective. They know they can say whatever they want and no matter how terrible it is, a guy can't react the same...as if it was another guy...and same for hitting a guy.

Because our society (depending on where you live)...and how you're raised for that matter. You're never allowed to hit a women.(i.e one of several components to the "princess complex")

17 hours ago, Invincible said:

This scene was supposed to be funny, because of course we all know rape is such a laughing matter. But because he's a man, it's all good. We all know men can't be raped because we always want it, right [sarcasm]?  The next day, he is just seen as mildly annoyed by what's happened rather than severely traumatized by sexual assault. Sadly this sort of thing is very prevalent in Hollywood and society in general. But good Lord, could you imagine if the roles were reverse? If a man tied up a woman and raped her and portrayed that as funny, it would generate so much outrage and the producers would be crucified by the media and feminist groups.

wow I know exactly what you're talking about...yeah if the genders were reversed in that scene, people would be out of a job so fast....especially, if the scene was meant to provide comedic value....The movie Horrible Bosses basically did the same thing. Jennifer Aniston had the same type of obsession with her male employee. She was desperate to have sex with him but he was married and had no interest. So she molested him while he was unconscious and took pictures of it. Aniston's character said it's not rape because he did not have an erection. And she would send the pictures to his wife, if he did not have sex with her....And this was supposed to be funny...Bc people think Aniston is pretty and he's a guy...Yeah if that scene was reversed wow people would be in an uproar

Men aren't allowed to breathe now without being called a misogynist

mike pence is under attack right now for being faithful to his wife , being accused of supporting rape culture and being a misogynist lmao

its a complete 180 from trumps ''grab them by the pussy'' remark

you can't have it both ways , one is being respectful and one is not and both are pissing off feminists

i have some question for feminists that WTM

http://www.xojane.com/issues/unpopular-opinion-marriage-will-never-be-a-feminist-choice

isn't marriage patriarchal? and if so, what is your reason for waiting till marriage?  

On 4/2/2017 at 7:51 PM, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said:

mike pence is under attack right now for being faithful to his wife , being accused of supporting rape culture and being a misogynist lmao

its a complete 180 from trumps ''grab them by the pussy'' remark

you can't have it both ways , one is being respectful and one is not and both are pissing off feminists

As a Christian woman who is also a feminist, I've been thinking about Mike Pence's reported rule that he will not eat a meal alone with a woman. I admire the way that this conveys his high regard for his wife, and I deeply respect the way that he wants to protect his most valuable relationship.

However, I can't help thinking about this from the perspective of a single woman, since I am one. Pence's rule suggests that any woman is a threat to his marriage and that her intellect and abilities are less important than the sexual danger that her body poses to him. More practically, a lot of politics and business happens over shared meals, and Pence's rule could reinforce a "good old boys" club mentality that unfairly shuts out the contributions of women.

So yes, he is respectful to his wife. But is he respectful to other women around him?

On 4/2/2017 at 7:51 PM, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said:

i have some question for feminists that WTM

http://www.xojane.com/issues/unpopular-opinion-marriage-will-never-be-a-feminist-choice

isn't marriage patriarchal? and if so, what is your reason for waiting till marriage?  

Yes, I think the institution of marriage has been tainted by patriarchy, but I don't think that it is fundamentally or unavoidably patriarchal (which is where I disagree with the author of the article). As a Christian, I believe that patriarchy is one of the sinful ways that humans have corrupted God's holy design for marriage. As a feminist, I believe that women should get to make choices about their sexuality. Waiting until marriage is my choice.

1 person likes this

On 4/6/2017 at 9:26 PM, Skylark said:

Pence's rule suggests that any woman is a threat to his marriage and that her intellect and abilities are less important than the sexual danger that her body poses to him.

I don't know what the situation with Pence is as I don't watch TV or follow news but that's an absolutely true statement. There's absolutely nothing on this world worth exposing a marriage to the slightest possibility of infidelity. Not even in the imagination of other people.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:26 PM, Skylark said:

s a Christian, I believe that patriarchy is one of the sinful ways that humans have corrupted God's holy design for marriage. As a feminist, I believe that women should get to make choices about their sexuality.

Biblically speaking women have authority over the home and are to be under the lordship of the husband as he is under the Son and the Father. Patriarchy is Christianity. God is a male. Adam was made in God's image with women being made from Adam (IE not an image of God). Furthermore, non perverted versions of the Bible reference the Holy Spirit as a male figurehead.

John 14

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

There are many more but they're easily searchable using the above verse.

I could go on but the reality of the situation is men and women abandoning God's teaching on what it ruined God's institution. Men did it out of a complete contempt for responsibility and an absence of spine. Women did it for the promise of security from abandonment by being "self sufficient" with a meaningless Earthly wage and the freedom to explore sexuality. It's not a new phenomena that can be pointed out and blamed on one sex or the other. Jesus himself said divorce was never acceptable and that it was against the will of God to do so meaning failing marriages have been a thing for a very long time assuming you accept the idea that God was with humanity since the beginning as I do.

Now in general:

I personally believe that the Bible contains everything a person needs to be fruitful and receive God's blessing. If some woman wants to deny God's word and enjoy the meaningless "freedom" the world has to offer then we don't share the same faith to begin with. I'll just pray for them as they work a 9-5 outside of God's wishes claiming to be independent while serving a (male) authority be it her boss, government, or whomever instead of accepting the authority of her husband who has a higher probability of actually caring for her and her family's needs.

1 person likes this

Thank you for your response, @Amarillo. I would like to address some of your comments, but I don't want to derail this thread much more than I have already. I'll send a DM your way.

1 person likes this

Yeah... That Sharon Osbourne video... All of the hosts of the show were laughing about that for quite a while... Then they laughed at the "apology"... I've said it before, that the people that women love the most are their kids. Yet the only "no-compromise" issue that mainstream feminism has is all about murdering their kids (abortion). If they can convince themselves that this is an acceptable thing to do to their kids, what chance does the husband have? She may "fall out of love" with him. She might have married him because he was convenient. She may have only seen him as a useful idiot. She may have resented him from the beginning.  Feminism doesn't care about men... It doesn't care about women either.

Most of my friends don't want to get married. Ever. They, like me, are concerned with the high divorce rate, the divorce courts, and especially the family courts, being decidedly against men. Feminism helped promote the no-fault divorce money making scheme. After 2 generations of men being financially destroyed, there is a sizable number of young men who don't want to risk marriage. That leaves the women that want to get married with few options. Now that a lot of young men are waking up to the nightmare marriage and divorce can be, women are having a harder time finding guys who are interested in marrying them. Feminism doesn't care if the women can't find a husband. They don't care that the majority of new mothers are single and living in poverty. They will fiercely support whatever cash cow the politicians and courts will give them.