Javier

10 Old Fashioned dating habits we should make cool again

25 posts in this topic

post-44604-0-01861400-1432110410_thumb.j

Came across this today and loved it!

I specially like 5 & 8 

Im bringing this habits back and if a girl doesn't appreciate it ,then I guess she's not for me ^_^

What do you girls think? Any particular one you especially like/dislike?

14 people like this

I've seen this list around a lot and I agree. I wouldn't want a girl who didn't appreciate these old fashioned habits. For the most part, I think this is how dating should be.

1. Unfortunately, this isn't done anymore because of "security" reasons. Girls don't want guys knowing where they live so they just meet up somewhere. I guess I see their point especially when it comes to online dating. But I personally think you should be able to trust a guy and get to know him first before dating, but that's just my view.

2.Yeah um...the only date I've ever been on, the girl looked like she just rolled out of bed. she clearly wasn't interested. A word of advice to the girls, don't agree to it because you're too nice to say no. If you're not interested, be honest about it. smh.

3. Yes flowers are a sweet gesture indeed. Too bad the conventional gift on dates these days is a condom, which could also be an STD if they are really unlucky.

4. Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere involving dancing until we start dating a while. And it would be classy kind of dance anyways.

5. Oh yes times 100. Too many guys these days are cowards and refuse to call it for what it is, a date. Yes, I'm one of those people who believes guys should ask out girls. "Hanging out" is what you do with friends, "asking out" is what you do with a girl you want to pursue. Know it, learn it.

6. Okay, one small gripe. I hate the term "going steady." I don't know why but that just sounds really corny. Replace with "define the relationship."

7. Because of my lack of poetic talent, I think I would get my point across easier, and ultimately less confusing to her, if I just said, "you're awesome." lol

8. Yes times a million. I think you can gauge a person's level of social awareness (or lack thereof) by how they use their phones while with other people. Which unfortunately, most people just stare at their phones even with friends and family. Whoever I end up dating, we will have a strict "no phone" policy when we are spending time together unless it involves interaction between us. To go along with this point, all asking out and breaking up should be done in person or at least over the phone. Doing any of these through texting or FB is cowardly.

9. "Permission?" Please don't use long and complicated terms that this generation are unable to comprehend.

10.Whoa, whoa! No sex? Okay total deal breaker. Disregard everything I've said so far. :P

6 people like this

Oh lordy, yes #8. I like most of them, but #8 is so important LMAO.

1 person likes this

I like the list and I have to agree with everyone else - YES to #8!!  That's a pet peeve of mine when I'm trying to have a discussion with people.  

1 person likes this

Wait... people don't do this?

And how would anyone know they're on a date if they don't dress up or make it clear they're on a date? D:

2 people like this

My favorites are the ones that emphasize clear communication between partners: 5, 6, & 9. And of course #10 as well.  :D

1 person likes this

I agree with all. I will say this, though. #1? If I'm meeting sone from the internet that I have had much time to get to know or, let alone skyped with, I'd meet them somewhere....but I wouldn't consider it a date until after that, and I'd probably let hi pick me up. After all, I live with family, and they are protective of me. :)

That and #8' I think? Electronics...I agree, but only to an extent. I would have to leave it on in case of emergency for my family, but I wouldn't play games or regular texting...that's just rude. My future bf or husband would have to understand that I live with my family,and that comes with a certain amount of expectant courtesy on my part (and therefore his part) for them. For example, I couldn't be on a date, and have them not able to reach me for an emergency, just to end my date and go home to find out something terrible happened. I'd give him the same leeway. This is just an example that there are good REASONS to have phones on, but there are no good EXCUSES for using tech constantly while not giving your date, whom me you're suppose to WANT to be with at that time, the attention they deserve.

But the fact that the overall outlook on courting in today's world is skewed away from the romance of it all? Yeah, I totally agree.

5 people like this

I love #4! I've always wanted to go dancing with someone I'm dating. I would hope they would want to join a salsa dance class together.

Also yes to 7. I'm horrible when it comes to saying how I feel and do much better with writing a letter.

1 person likes this

Usted es de hecho impresionante! Su futura esposa es una mujer bendita ya! Salud!

I can't just pick one..... uggh 1-10 are perfect

1 person likes this

2-10 are a given & a must. #1 might be too old fashion.

1 person likes this

9 and 10 for obvious reasons and I also like number 4 - I'd absolutely love to go dancing on a date even if I might turn out to be awful at it it just seems like so much fun and might be a good indicator of the potential relationship.

1 person likes this

:superwaiter:I love 3,5,8, and 10. Yes, please bring back the best dating habits ever.

1 person likes this

TIP TO THE LADIES: Date an older man and you'll get all of this kind of attention ;)

1 person likes this

I've never received flowers on a date.  Maybe one day!

2 people like this

I've never received flowers on a date. Maybe one day!

😟😟😟 I wish you were kidding! That's crazy you deserve better Stacie!

1 person likes this

I've never received flowers on a date.  Maybe one day!

I haven't either. I have only been on two though

I haven't either. I have only been on two though

Should have kept dating to rake in the benefits 😄

post-3330-0-49263000-1435385233_thumb.jp

Should have kept dating to rake in the benefits

two dates, two different guys. 

Haven't yet been on a second date. Is that when you get flowers? lol 

#3 indeed. I've brought flowers to a girl when I asked her out (own-grown too btw!)....didn't seem to help..... :(

I agree with all except 3. I think tokens/gifts are way more appropriate when you've gotten to know each other and found you have that kind of affection with each other. A guy brought me flowers on the first date once and I had no chemistry with him at ALL. it made me feel even worse about not wanting to go out with him again.

I don't know how "old fashioned" it is to "turn electronics off", as most people didn't carry any back in the day. :P

Regardless, giving someone you like your undivided attention is important, and eliminating distractions is a sure way to do it!

Though I'd call them "classy" instead of "old fashion" ;) Still, all to the better! Very nice list, good points all 1-10!