Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
armytiger

30 minutes

16 posts in this topic

So in sex ed in college the teacher said sex usually last 30 minutes. She then asked if anyone was surprised. No one raised theit hand but I could have! My guess would have been 10 to 15. I think all guys have probly u know what with there hand...no way it would last 30 minutes for me. Was she right? even if you are going st it hard?

No idea but I believe it depends on the person

Perhaps thirty minutes including foreplay etc could be accurate but I think this statistic is a bit of an exaggeration! 

1 person likes this

What I'm surprised about is the sex ed class in college.

3 people like this

Heck, even I know half an hour isn't realistic. Maybe the teacher meant including foreplay, but that's kind of silly, seeing as it's not actually part of sex, per se.

The article Steadfast mentioned seems to have it about right. Interestingly, it's suggesting pelvic floor exercises if guys want sex to last longer. I know women are supposed to do the same exercises to strengthen muscles for giving birth, treating incontinence, etc. as well as possibly (although the evidence isn't conclusive) improving sex.

Thirty minutes, though...Seems to me that it's just setting really unrealistic standards. If there were guys in your class, then I can't imagine how some of them must have felt, or what it made some of the girls think about their own boyfriends and so on.

I don't know, it reminds me of when I hear of Christian abstinence lessons that will say things like, "Oh, if you wait till marriage, you're going to have the best sex ever on your honeymoon." Uh, no? Emotionally speaking, yes, maybe, but it's not going to be "best" in any other way if none of you have any experience. Just be honest: "No, it's going to take you some time to get to know each other and work out how everything works, so just be prepared, and be happy that this will all be with someone you love." Seems a better way to go.

xxx

4 people like this

I remember hearing 6 minutes, which sounds about right. 30 minutes is a long time, definitely an exaggeration lol.

I had sex ed as part of freshman orientation. Compensating for people who had no sex ed or abstinence-only sex ed in high school I guess? It seems like it's in a residential college's best interest to try to prevent STD outbreaks on campus!

Sex should last as much as you want to last. There's no time limit

Thank you! When you're with the one you're spending the rest of your life with and you are in love time doesn't matter.

I had sex ed as part of freshman orientation. Compensating for people who had no sex ed or abstinence-only sex ed in high school I guess? It seems like it's in a residential college's best interest to try to prevent STD outbreaks on campus!

Funny story, I had sex-ed one day in Engineering 101. They had people from the health center go to freshman 101 classes and give a one-day presentation. They talked about the obvious stuff, like STDs, consent, etc. She even demonstrated how to put a condom on by slapping one of those stick-to-surface dildos on the white board and putting a condom on it.

She mentioned at one point that she makes a guy stay with her for 6 months before she'll have sex with him, to sounds of shock from the class (she was fairly young and pretty attractive)

2 people like this

The average time I've always heard is under 10 minutes.  But I know men and women who like it longer and have it longer.  Depends on the two people and what works for them.   Some women prefer it longer, but some women think 30 minutes will wear their "hoohoo" out.