armytiger

any one think doing other things is ok?

28 posts in this topic

We can do other things. Do you wanna pray with me? wanna go grab some lunch? watch a movie? talk on the phone all night? Do you wanna meet my parents? let's go to church sometime? wanna learn more about each other? matter of fact do you wanna stay pure together? That'll be cool ;)

Yes, yes, yes,...sacrifice my precious sleep?!! Get away from me, woman......  :P

I want to fight hard to keep my carnal desires at bay before marriage.

Well and true though I don't consider marriage to be a license for "carnal excess" and as such it is not necessarily an end to the fight.....

generally speaking, for me, it's no clothing off, no touching certain areas. Hugging, cuddling to watch a movie or something, hand holding, even kissing is ok...good even. To me these things are even kind of important. To me they are an acceptable form of intimacy before marriage. I mean I had to LEARN that these were my boundaries, which means I let them be pushed some (when I probably shouldn't have, but sometimes that's how we learn) from my limited experience, and no, no clothes came off, but there were some things that I now realize made me uncomfortable...mostly because I didn't like that I enjoyed them oth the person they happened with. I think the most important thing is knowing that you are on the same page. For instance, I could be with someone who had boundaries of say not being completely alone in a house...or in a bedroom...but I don't think I'd want to wait till marriage to kiss or cuddle to watch a movie together. I think we have to know that we can trust ourself and the one we are with. That's why boundaries are important. That's why it's important to know what YOUR boundaries are. That's why it's important to let the person you are with KNOW your boundaries.

3 people like this

We can do other things. Do you wanna pray with me? wanna go grab some lunch? watch a movie? talk on the phone all night? Do you wanna meet my parents? let's go to church sometime? wanna learn more about each other? matter of fact do you wanna stay pure together? That'll be cool ;)

Woah woah, steady on ;) haha  

2 people like this