Invincible

Man caves

35 posts in this topic

man cave is a male sanctuary, such as a specially equipped garage, spare bedroom, media room, den, or basement. It is a metaphor describing a room inside the house where "guys can do as they please" without fear of upsetting any female sensibility about house decor or design.

Guys, would you want one and if so, describe your perfect man cave or post an image of one.

Ladies, would you allow your man to have a man cave? Also, describe or post your perfect female sanctuary.

Here's mine:

man_cave_guns_and_electronics-resized-60

gamers+delight.png

4 people like this

The way I see it, the majority of the home should be communal space. So if he gets to have his own dedicated space, then I should too! :D  I would hope we'd have enough in common to be able to come to reasonable compromises without it having to go that far though. Kids get to have reasonable dominion over their own space though, because the rest of the house is really determined by the parents.

That tech+gun setup looks like a Texan nerd's dream. If I were to have total dominion over a space, I'd want one half to be that and the other half to be this:

bathroom.jpg

4 people like this

I cannot wait to have a man cave for my husband! I'll have a cave of my own too!

3 people like this

This would be my dream space: my own lap pool! Awesome-Private-Indoor-Swimming-pools-Id

3 people like this

So far the man caves are:

computer+guns

computer+guitars

And the 'woman caves' are:

fancy bathtub

fancy swimming pool

Interesting....  :lol:

2 people like this

Half my "woman cave":

comfortable-hobbit-home-library.jpg

The other half:

2e6aef76e123b0d7202f98493fd09d5a.jpg

I've always wanted a room full of Titanic paraphernalia :D

7 people like this

sports, sports and more sports...

3 people like this

sports, sports and more sports...

attachicon.gifawesome-man-caves1.png

YES or something like this for multiple friends to enjoy with. Especially for Hockey and Baseball

post-41053-0-32488300-1430922388_thumb.j

3 people like this

The garage is sort of Beau's man cave, and my home office is sort of my woman cave.

In the future, it would all come down to space. Would there be enough extra space in our home for us each to have dedicated rooms for fun? After all, both our garage and my home office are functional and necessary for our daily lives. Would a future house have enough rooms to meet all necessary functions, and still have two bonus rooms?

Honestly, I don't need my own woman cave just for me. Our dream home includes my own home office that is beautiful and functional plus a library. The library will be for all of our books, not just mine. Our dream home includes a nice master bathroom with a big bathtub (which we actually already have in our townhouse), which would be for both of us. I love a good solo bubble bath while Beau is traveling, but baths are more fun together. ;)

I'm totally fine with him having his own man cave as long as he doesn't take shared technology (TV, DVD player, etc.) away from shared space (living room, bedroom, etc.) to outfit his man cave.

3 people like this

I don't want a cave specifically for men. It's be nice to have a room of chillin'. Like a playstation 4 with a screen as big as the wall with many many pillows and a hammock.

What I really want in my future house is a giant library full of books and another room filled with 'trophies' (I love having trophies, for example, a souvenir; a typical item from every country I have visited, or a symbolic item of a ruler or important person (in my case that's Ataturk).

For example, I have a Russian ushanka the soldiers wore during the Soviet era and 2nd World War, Havana cigars from Cuba, symbolizing Che Guevara and very old book with his signature, guns worn by Flemish nazi collaborators of the VNV (Vlaamsch Nationaal Verbond) during the Second World war, 18th century Ottoman money and early Turkish money. A classic football (not hand-egg) from England, symbolizing their invention of football.

I also plan on buying an original katana, as a symbol to Japan's samurai culture, especially to Miyamoto Musashi.

A Turco-Mongol sabre, as a symbol for being the father of all curved blades and as a symbol to my roots.

A baseball from USA (if I'm ever gonna visit it), cause that's what pops up in my mind if I have to think about something related specifically to America.

Oh, and most importantly, a gym for sporting and working out with a display for my medals and cups during my 12 year period of playing football.

2 people like this

Wow. I never thought of having a man-cave, and I now realize the possibilities. Haha, now I can't wait!

My man-cave would be sort of a hobbyist hackerspace/workshop, so I can build anything I set my mind to! :)

Yeah I'd have tools for metals, wood and also electronics, including(but not limited to) 3D printers, CNC routers, Lathes, Mills, Bandsaws, you name it! :D

It would probably end up having a lot of stuff on display. Almost like Adam Savage's workshop (google that), but preferably not as crowded.

Hopefully I can have it sound isolated somehow, so I wont make too much of a racket.

I'd want one half to be that and the other half to be this:

bathroom.jpg

And I sure wouldn't mind a woman-cave like that in my house ;D

I'd be okay with my husband having a man cave as long as we have the space and he isn't taking space from something that is more important and I wouldn't be banned from it but I'd respect his space. There is a difference. lol 

If I could have a "woman cave" I'd invite him over sometimes (probably most of the time) because I'd want a pool. Maybe like this. 1782-Chota-Rd.jpg But who 

But who could really afford that? A girl can dream lol

2 people like this

bdsm-dungeon1.jpeg?w=720

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

---

If we end up with a home with enough space for each of us to have a room all to ourselves, I'd likely stock a room with a nice digital piano, desk/office chair, bookshelf (though I'm one of those people that might be all-in for going digital for books) a comfortable couch for napping/reading...and hopefully a window positioned with a nice view and good air flow.

7 people like this

Well, I'll definitely be having an office for writing in. Haven't decided on the exact design yet, but it'd be good to have a room with lots of light in it. Maybe something like this:

post-319-0-95924600-1430956421_thumb.jpg

I can put a big pinboard up where that painting is, for ideas and notes and whatnot. And no phone. And a comfier chair. And no whatever that big T shaped thing is. But you get the idea.

But I also really want a library, although that'd be open to everyone in the family and my friends (and probably neighbours who wanted to borrow a book. Probably this big, if possible:

post-319-0-32893000-1430957679_thumb.jpg

But this one is a little dark, so I'd want something that's brighter. Probably have a wall of windows, and then lots of bookcases in rows. That'd be nice.

xxx

3 people like this

bdsm-dungeon1.jpeg?w=720

Matt wins Best Man Cave of the Year Award.

2 people like this

This inside, looking out onto a pretty yard with a tree...

architectural-digest-round-home-library.

this for the door to it, being the outside for maybe a dining area or something, that would be cool. :)

secret_home_library.jpg

bdsm-dungeon1.jpeg?w=720

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

---

So... No women allowed in there?? 

1 person likes this

That would be even creepier if that was a men only room. :o

That would be even creepier if that was a men only room. :o

Or just super gay.  ;)

4 people like this

man cave is a male sanctuary, such as a specially equipped garage, spare bedroom, media room, den, or basement. It is a metaphor describing a room inside the house where "guys can do as they please" without fear of upsetting any female sensibility about house decor or design.

Guys, would you want one and if so, describe your perfect man cave or post an image of one.

Ladies, would you allow your man to have a man cave? Also, describe or post your perfect female sanctuary.

Here's mine:

man_cave_guns_and_electronics-resized-60

gamers+delight.png

Now I know where to go when the zombie apocalypse occurs: I'll visit Vince's panic room, grab a rifle (or two),  and enjoy the comforts of Vince's game room (love the pinball machine btw) while on a break from slaying zombies. 

5 people like this

Now I know where to go when the zombie apocalypse occurs: I'll visit Vince's panic room, grab a rifle (or two),  and enjoy the comforts of Vince's game room (love the pinball machine btw) while on a break from slaying zombies.

That's true! You add a meat locker and a stock pantry back there and you might never have to leave! :) I'm coming ther, too, when the zombies attack. Lol

1 person likes this

Discrimination isn't enforced, but they're not exactly the target demographic.

Magic%20Mike%20Gabriel.JPG

3 people like this