Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voulaki726

Can you tell someone is a virgin by how they kiss

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys! So based on your experience, can you tell if someone is a virgin by how they kiss? If when you kiss someone for the first few times and it's very awkward, as in they seem a little nervous, and they don't seem to be quite sure how to do it right- basically they are not the best kisser in the beginning, is that a strong sign they are a virgin?  Can someone be a bad/awkward kisser but NOT be a virgin?  Or can a virgin be a good kisser? LOL  What are your experiences/opinions, if any?

Not necessarily. I remember a kid at school saying he'd not kissed a girl (around 16/17) and I thought 'oh he's a virgin as well' and he looked at me and my mate with a quizzical expression, frown etched deep into his forehead and said 'how can I have slept with three girls and not kissed one?' :lol: I let my friend friend field that question!! My eyes were to busy rolling! But in your scenario it sounds like he might be by the way you described him. If you know him quite well then maybe trust your judgement. If you ask he might be worried and say 'no' having been rejected on account of waitng (it's happened to me). So maybe bring your WTMing into play before asking. Good luck!

1 person likes this

I don't know if it would mean that he is a virgin, or even a "kiss" virgin, it could just mean that he is nervous, and/or doesn't want to scare you off.

And some people are just awkward. It might take some time for both of you to reach a kiss comfort level, haha

I have only ever kissed one person, so I don't know this first hand, but it seems that if anyone thinks someone is a bad/awkward kisser, they're not really that attracted to them. (Why you would kiss someone you're not attracted is beyond me, but people do it ðŸ˜)

Anyways, I would chalk it up to nerves, and if he's a virgin too, then great, but it is possible that he isnt.

Kissing skill has absolutely nothing to do with virgininity, just how much or how natural a person is at kissing.

7 people like this

I have only ever kissed one person, so I don't know this first hand, but it seems that if anyone thinks someone is a bad/awkward kisser, they're not really that attracted to them. (Why you would kiss someone you're not attracted is beyond me, but people do it )

I wouldn't say that. My boyfriend and I were each other's first kiss, so it took a *long* time for us to learn because there wasn't anyone to be a 'teacher' in that area. We eventually got the hang of it though.  :lol:

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into it. Virgins can still kiss people, afterall, so it's possible that someone could kiss over a hundred girls and still a virgin. It's also possible that a non-virgin could be shy and awkward with women on the whole, but in their 20-ish years of life were able to find *one* girl willing to sleep with them at least once.  :D

5 people like this

I wouldn't say that. My boyfriend and I were each other's first kiss, so it took a *long* time for us to learn because there wasn't anyone to be a 'teacher' in that area. We eventually got the hang of it though. :lol:

Haha yeah, makes sense. I was kind of referring to people who would just write someone off as a bad kisser. If you like someone enough, it doesn't even matter.

I've heard that complaint mostly from experienced kissers, so it might not even be applicable here.

I don't think so. I think, sometimes, it has more to do with chemistry, nerves, etc. Sometimes the chemistry isn't there, and I think that comes through in kissing. If there is chemistry there, sometimes nerves just get in the way. If you really like someone, just give it time to see what happens.

Now, I don't have much experience. I've only REALLY kissed one person (no toungue), and he seemed to like it enough to do it more. Unfortunately, the connection we had wasn't anything solid, it wasn't even physical because I wasn't really physically attracted to him... I was attracted to the version of his personality I had in my head. Anyway, while I've only had 2 people I've kissed lightly on the cheeks or lips.

I'm not sure that there is an exact science on this... although I am pretty sure there are some theories. :)

2 people like this

There is no definite way of telling if someone is a virgin other than just asking them and trusting in the answer they give you. So it could be it was his first kiss or he was just anxious or you just didn't like his 'way' of kissing. If not just teach him or tell him what you didn't like about it but anyway the only way you'll know if he is a virgin or not is by asking him when you feel comfortable bringing it up or when you feel the time is right. Either way good luck!

2 people like this

Kissing doesn't really say much about person. Some people are bad kisses some are good kissers some are in between.

1 person likes this

Can someone be a bad/awkward kisser but NOT be a virgin?

Yes. 

In fact, I read an article of a study where men tend to give more tongue whereas women didn't like so much tongue, and none of that has anything to do with virginity. 

But then again, the opposite can be true.  I remember a show on tv of two people who kissed for the first time at the altar!  Unfortunately, it was a VERY awkward kiss. But it was because they went all at it. 

I also think people, in general, have different preferences on what a good kiss IS.  So there will be variety. 

To me, the key to a good kiss, is to be gentle and slow about it at first and not jump right into full tongue mode.

2 people like this

I have only ever kissed one person, so I don't know this first hand, but it seems that if anyone thinks someone is a bad/awkward kisser, they're not really that attracted to them. (Why you would kiss someone you're not attracted is beyond me, but people do it )

I'll admit to having kissed someone I wasn't attracted to, but I'll also admit that to me, kissing doesn't seem like a hugely intimate thing. I'll usually kiss at the end of a date, for instance, unless the entire ordeal was horrific or something. Sometimes I'm not 100% sold on whether I'm attracted to someone physically or not, but I'm just trying to feel it out and hoping that maybe the chemistry will grow. /shrug.

Or maybe that's less normal than I was thinking it is.

1 person likes this

I'll admit to having kissed someone I wasn't attracted to, but I'll also admit that to me, kissing doesn't seem like a hugely intimate thing. I'll usually kiss at the end of a date, for instance, unless the entire ordeal was horrific or something. Sometimes I'm not 100% sold on whether I'm attracted to someone physically or not, but I'm just trying to feel it out and hoping that maybe the chemistry will grow. /shrug.

Or maybe that's less normal than I was thinking it is.

I can't really say whether you're normal or not, but we could argue that you're more normal than I am!

Personally I don't understand it, because I won't let a guy even touch my shoulder if I am not attracted to him (in a date setting). I guess it goes along with personality? I know that attraction just works differently for different people. I have given guys a chance when I wasn't, and it has never worked for me. I won't ever blame a girl for not giving it a shot if they're just not feeling it.

Sorry didn't mean to offend, I just wouldn't be able to do it!

(I kissed my boyfriend before our first real "date", so I wonder what some would think about that :-P)

Guys were always shocked after making out with me that I was a virgin and wouldn't sleep with them.

I was occasionally shocked after kissing guys who I knew weren't virgins that they were bad kissers.

The first guy I kissed was surprised he was my first kiss.

You really can't tell by how someone kisses if they're a virgin or not.

2 people like this

I've only ever kissed two girls. One of them it was her first kiss, the other had kissed, er, quite a few guys. She said I was pretty good at it.

Obviously, seeing as to the forum we're on, I am indeed a virgin.