Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will H

25 year old guy, waiting till marriage

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! My name is Will and I'm a guy in Minnesota who is 25 and waiting till marriage!

Initially, my reason for waiting was because of my religious faith, which has always been an important part of me. It still is an important reason, but as I've gotten older, it is now not my only one.

I've learned that I'm a hopeless romantic and marriage is important to me. I've made the decision that I want to give everything about me to my future wife, and to have no regrets about my past. I want her to know that I will always be faithful for her and for her to never have any doubts about it. Sex is a powerful thing and is too precious to me to waste on someone who I won't give that commitment to.

Two weeks ago, I found out that some close friends were not waiting, and I realized that I didn't know a single person who still was. That hit me like a ton of bricks and I had some sort of an anxiety attack, making it hard to eat or work. I wasn't so naïve as to believe that there weren't people in my life who were not waiting, but realizing that I didn't know a single other person who was waiting really did it for me.

While searching online, I found this site, a whole community of people who are waiting just like me. It's helpful to know that I'm not alone at all. Although I wish that I knew people personally who were waiting, I'm happy to know that there are so many here online that share the same belief and that I'm not alone at all. It's just a matter of finding people who believe the same.

After waiting over a week for my account to get validated, I'm finally able to post this. I'm looking forward to being active in the forums and getting to know some other waiters!

5 people like this

Hi everyone! My name is Will and I'm a guy in Minnesota who is 25 and waiting till marriage!

Initially, my reason for waiting was because of my religious faith, which has always been an important part of me. It still is an important reason, but as I've gotten older, it is now not my only one.

I've learned that I'm a hopeless romantic and marriage is important to me. I've made the decision that I want to give everything about me to my future wife, and to have no regrets about my past. I want her to know that I will always be faithful for her and for her to never have any doubts about it. Sex is a powerful thing and is too precious to me to waste on someone who I won't give that commitment to.

Two weeks ago, I found out that some close friends were not waiting, and I realized that I didn't know a single person who still was. That hit me like a ton of bricks and I had some sort of an anxiety attack, making it hard to eat or work. I wasn't so naïve as to believe that there weren't people in my life who were not waiting, but realizing that I didn't know a single other person who was waiting really did it for me.

While searching online, I found this site, a whole community of people who are waiting just like me. It's helpful to know that I'm not alone at all. Although I wish that I knew people personally who were waiting, I'm happy to know that there are so many here online that share the same belief and that I'm not alone at all. It's just a matter of finding people who believe the same.

After waiting over a week for my account to get validated, I'm finally able to post this. I'm looking forward to being active in the forums and getting to know some other waiters!

Oh my goodness! I wish I could hug you.... I know exactly how you feel and what you areģwent through. Welcome to the community. Cannot wait to get to know you. :)

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes! It's a great feeling knowing that there are so many supportive people who are waiting too; it's just a matter of finding them!

Welcome, Will H. Saw your post in the other thread, so you know I'm relatively new here as well.

Hey, Will! Fellow Minnesotan here (though I live in Florida)! Welcome to the site & I hope you come to like it.