Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasmine23

Let's talk!

5 posts in this topic

About weddings boys and girls! Hehe

Ok so not sure if this topic has been up and I can't find one so here's mine...... Ladies and Gents, what season would you like your wedding? What time of day/night would you want it? What theme would you like? Do you plan to have different outfits? Are children allowed? Would your parents have a huge role? Do you plan to have a Planned dance or will you just go school dance style and rock back and forth hehe

You may post pictures!

For me there will be a part one and two. Ceremony in the morning around 10:30 and reception in the evening around 5 or 6 pm the latest at 7. That way we can relax and enjoy each others company in our newlywed home (I don't want my first time in a hotel....). I like a spring wedding (it symbolizes new beginnings) the theme hmmmmmmm that's a bit tough but I know it's not going to be like girly girl with all the pink and purples and flowers everywhere... too girly for me. I'd like my husband to be, to be into it as much as me.... I've never been one of those girls to plan my wedding growing up but for the past year I've looked at everything from dresses to honeymoon lol. I do plan to have a second dress. One for the ceremony and the other for the reception and first dance. Kids are welcomed big time! They will have a fun table! Our parents will have a huge role in our wedding. Maybe even renew their vows and be in a symbolic ballroom or contemporary dance? The first dance....know how to dance already but why not get extra tips to make our first dance even more special?

I'd like to have a wedding in an open area during spring, the cool wind embracing you while the sun fills you with warmth. Not a chique wedding, maybe close to a grove. I'd like to do begin the ceremony when it's sunsetting.

I don't want to have any children below 12. It's not a kindergarten, u kno? I hate it when there's much noise and when children are running around. (doesn't mean I don't wanna have kids).

As for dancing... I never was the dancing type. Its' just... not for me, I'm the kind of guy you see in movies who is 'too cool to dance' where the girl approaches him and holds his hands to 'dance like this'... :P

As for my honeymoon, I'd like to spend it in a cabinet on a spring night with a clear sky, with an aurora borealis and a nebula, on top of a mountain, in an open field inside a valley, where the valley behind the cabinet ends with an edge, looking over an amazing gigantic forest with a beautiful waterfall. Also a forest a little further of the cabinet, where the leafs are falling as if it's raining leafs while the stars sparkle through the trees.

The days warm and nights being cold.

I'd want my wedding to be in May if possible, preferably on the anniversary of my first date with my boyfriend. Plus, in the south, that is usually before the weather starts getting way too hot (June-August is almost always up in the 90s). I think I'd want a late morning/early afternoon ceremony, followed immediately by a reception that would go until the early evening (finishing around twilight or so).

Theme depends on what location I end up using. If I go the Disney World route, I'd want a Carl and Ellie (from Pixar's Up) theme. If I end up sticking around Texas, then I'd want to get married in a science museum, so I'd build my theme around whatever room we ended up renting. I only want one wedding, and I only want one wedding dress! ;) I'd just bustle it for the reception.

Right now I feel pretty strongly about not having kids at the ceremony or reception, but I may change my mind if a very close friend or family member wouldn't be able to come if they couldn't bring their kids. (Which seems fairly unlikely considering none of our friends are anywhere near getting married, let alone having kids, at this point.) I don't have my father in my life, and my boyfriend has a complicated relationship with his father, so I doubt they'll play much of a role. We are both close to our moms, but my mom is pretty ceremony-averse on the whole, and I have no idea if his mom is into the idea of playing a big role or not, so we'll just have to see when the time comes I guess.

I told my boyfriend that we should learn to dance before our wedding, but he thinks it will be more entertaining for our audience to witness our current "dancing" "skills."  :lol: 

I think I've said this before, but I don't have my heart set on anything except my dress, a good photographer, and I'd like 'At Last' by Etta James as our first song at the reception. If I don't get those, it's not a deal-breaker, but I would be a little sad. I'd like to be able to have kids there, I only really need/want one persons full attention on me, anyway. Especially if my nephews are still young (a girl can hope lol). I've always thought it would be nice to have a December wedding, but it's not something I care too much about. Although I hope we can do it in a relatively comfortable time of year, and it really depends on WHERE we will be having it. As a few people have mentioned Disney World, and since my best friend went there for her honeymoon (even though that marriage didn't work out she still loves it, as did I), I'd have to say I'd like something based around Beauty and the Beast, because that is still my all time fav one. I've had thoughts throughout the years, but I've never really planned it. Although, that might make it hard for me to have my own dress like I want. I think the steampunk weddings are cool, too, but I really don't know if I'd go that route.

I have a huge extended family, but I prefer if I can only have my immediate family, and my best friend. Then we could invite everyone to a big reception. No matter what kind of wedding/reception we have, I'm counting on him to help me cope if we have to invite a lot of people. To hold my eyes as I walk the isle to him (and to rush to help me up when I fall from being nervous ;) ).

For me, a lot has to do with what he and I want together. Your first big challenge to see how well you can compromise is your wedding/reception. Edit: What I mean is, up until this point you've probably talked about compromises, and figured things out, but after this you're binding yourself to it... So, if you can compromise on such a big event that is going to be the start of your life as one life, then I think it's a good thing.

1 person likes this

So I'm probably going to lose a few cool points and some man cards by posting this, but I actually have a Pinterest account with all sorts of wedding ideas and little things I'd want to incorporate if the woman I plan to marry is dead set on a wedding. I would actually really like to be involved in the wedding decisions/process because it is the first step of joint decisions as a couple leading into married life. Most men will just agree and say whatever she wants, but I've never met a woman who was opposed to the idea of her future husband having as much interest on planning their wedding as her. 

I would ideally like either a Fall or Spring wedding. I'm fine with either so my future wife will have the deciding vote on that. I know most women tend to gear towards a Spring wedding because of the weather but I also really love the foliage of Autumn trees and leaves in the background. Fall is such a beautiful season depending on where you live and I've seen some absolutely beautiful wedding pictures of couples standing next to a lake with Autumn's color radiating in the background. 

I think a morning wedding with an evening reception sounds ideal. That way we can relax for a bit and not have to rush through the joys of experiencing that newly married bliss (not referring to sex here). I have been to quite a few weddings (even stood in a few of them) and most of the time everything feels so rushed and the bride and groom never really have time to just relax, kiss, share an intimate moment with one another without the whole world wanting to intrude on their personal space for the day. As far as themes go, that is something that would be more her thing. I will agree to pretty much anything that she has in mind as far as this is concerned. 

I would like for our friends and family to be able to bring their children, but I have experienced some pretty bad child behavior and interruptions at weddings before. I've always loved the idea of incorporating children into the wedding ceremony like the flower girl or having one of our younger nephews hold the wedding rings on a pillow or something. 

I'm not really sure what you mean by the 'different outfits' question. I don't know if it refers to the bride and groom having different outfits from the groomsmen and bridesmaids, or if you're referring to having different outfits for the wedding ceremony and reception? For the reception, I think it would be nice to wear something a little more relaxing, yet formally correct for the occasion.

For my brother's wedding they actually had it in 3 parts (which is tradition in the Muslim culture I guess) and they had 3 different outfits total for the wedding. They basically had about an hour time in between each part and so little time to relax as their ceremonies tend to last up to 12 hours. They are basically on display this whole time as well. 

I honestly don't think my parents would mind or want to play a role in my wedding. They're basically ok with either decision, but they are getting pretty old these days (both are in their 60's). And I would want a combination of both planned dances as well as a school since type thing. Maybe start off with the planned dances and transition into the more freestyle type dances?